Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews for Front Desk Agent

can be really slow at times which means hours are cut so if you are a single person relying on a full time position it can be difficult. I like the multicultural environment keeps things fun and inviting non Canadians are really happy overall to be working and hearing and listening to their stories makes more and more grateful to be a Canadian and it constantly reminds me to be grateful.
The management was horrible. Expected you to work doubles, then return back in 4 hours. You could never plan your life because you were always there. My friend passed away, and after working 2 weeks of double shifts with one day off, they fired me because I got a doctor's note saying I needed a couple days to regain my mental health. They did it over voicemail.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
I started working a couple months ago and at first it was amazing till my old boss quit then the owners brought in this unqualified person and lets just say the place lost a lot of people because of dirty rooms, rats, bugs etc... and not to mention refusing to pay employees and overworking others
Cons
The job itself is enjoyable, meeting new people, helping guests. That was the only positive working here. The operations manager is rude, condescending, a liar, and goes out of her way to make everyday miserable. Constant changes to the schedule, broken promises, and constant bullying make it hard to enjoy. Don’t even think of advancement as you have to be related to management for that to happen. Ownership seems to ignore the constant turnover that’s a direct result of poor leadership. The rules and expectations change daily as do the paydays for managements convinence. Extreme favouritism and manipulation used against the employees. If management changed would be a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations
The place is a friendly hotel, the guests are nice and welcoming, hotel is averagely maintained, and co-workers are great to work with. A very simple hotel is the best way to put it.
Pros
willing to balance life with work, and management are nice people
Cons
short staffed, low wage, may required to do unnecessary task, system is oldest in the industry, many computer problems such as (slow internet, internet goes out, can't do anything during backup, computer glitches), needless account names in system
An enjoyable place to work at. Learned a lot on FOSSE system Good Management & Team The hardest part of job is when we're lacking rooms for guest Enjoyable part is when we see that guest appreciates every single effort we're extending just to make their stay pleasant and enjoyable
A typical day included answering the phones, making/adjusting/cancelling reservations. Any filing, ordering or various other clerical duites I preformed while checking guests into the hotel and assuring the general upkeep of the hotel was preformed.I learned a lot about customer service and working in a professional environment.