Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews in St. John's, NL

They like to over work people. Other housekeepers want help but wont offer help on return. Management is unfair and dont listen. I would not recommend anybody applying. They steal tips!
Very uncleanly, and disorganized management literally had no idea what they were doing and would get upset with employees for doing what there told, yes I’m aware that makes no sense it didn’t to me either. Expected you to work past your scheduled shift UNPAID, management was no understanding in the least or easy to approach, we were expected to clean 16 rooms a day and no matter how messy the room is still expected to finish in time. Benefits are non existence, having to pay a 25$ union fee every pay check and getting twice the amount of taxes if not more taken out of my check than any other job I’ve ever worked at. Cannot have any piercings including TOUNGE which makes no sense at all. I was expected to take out my industrial earring at the top of my ear. Also tips were non existent and the job is just far far far FAR to physically and emotionally demanding to work. You were expected to be on call 24\7 even when you had already worked full hours that week and come in when they pleased. Some people would be working 7 days a week because of being pressured!! Anyways all in all do yourself a favour and NEVER work for this company please I promise you, you will regret it! The kenmount road Fairfield inn in St. John’s Newfoundland was the one I worked at just to be clear!
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
All listed in my description