Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews in Lethbridge, AB

At Fairfield, a few things you can expect are work, pleasant guests, and $1.00 all you can eat breakfast and free coffee throughout the day. There will always be hours if you want them. Moving on to the negatives; in the ten months I was there, I was never given a salary raise (even after asking after three and four months), nor was I given benefits after 6 months; they did not promote from within the company; your work schedule during the day fluctuated (you would be scheduled from 8-4 and some days wouldn't be gone until 6 or 7 (without warning)); you would be forced to work at a neighbouring hotel if an employee did not show up for work (which happened on a weekly basis, and this meant staying until 6 or 7, which is challenging if you have kids); management, in my experience, had good days and bad days. I only wish the bad days were sparse, as opposed to what they were. Most of the bad days involved staff getting pizza though so that was nice.
Pros
Inexpensive breakfast, free coffee, great co-workers, lots of hours.
Cons
Unexpected schedule changes (under 8 hours notice), no wage increase, no benefits, indifferent management
Do not have much to say about this company. The staff tho were great to work with. Just many differences between management/ supervisors. Overall tho enjoyed my time with other stuff.
Manager is very helpful, very supportive of staff and schedule issues. Very laid back and not strict so staff are motivated to work and get along with others.
Management was unreasonable. At the start I was given a list of tasks to be done by end of shift. It was easy. After some time management started to ask an unreasonable amount of extra tasks and the work load became too much for the time given. I was expected to clean two hotels in the same time I was given to clean just one before, it was not enough time to properly clean both hotels and it became stressful
The work environment at this location is extremely toxic. One employee that works the front counter terrorizes the rest of the employees with rudeness and incompetence but do to familial relations nothing is done about it. Constant criticism and negativity from management with absolutely no positive reinforcement. Ownership lacks the skills to be considered professional, well employing a manager with absolutely no management skills. Problems are left for the employees to deal with with no help from management. Brand standard are only followed when it’s convenient for management. If you would like a job with little to no training, no assistance from management, where familial relationships are more important than professionalism, low pay and no benefits this is the job for you.
The management was horrible. Expected you to work doubles, then return back in 4 hours. You could never plan your life because you were always there. My friend passed away, and after working 2 weeks of double shifts with one day off, they fired me because I got a doctor's note saying I needed a couple days to regain my mental health. They did it over voicemail.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
the shifts can be long and depending who is supervising stressful. As some are not very nice people to work with. very high turn over for staff. overall if you enjoy housekeeping and can ignore certain people and just get your job done, its alright.
The job itself is enjoyable, meeting new people, helping guests. That was the only positive working here. The operations manager is rude, condescending, a liar, and goes out of her way to make everyday miserable. Constant changes to the schedule, broken promises, and constant bullying make it hard to enjoy. Don’t even think of advancement as you have to be related to management for that to happen. Ownership seems to ignore the constant turnover that’s a direct result of poor leadership. The rules and expectations change daily as do the paydays for managements convinence. Extreme favouritism and manipulation used against the employees. If management changed would be a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations
The only thing i can think that was a positive was the people but they're no match for the massive steaming pile that was literally everything else. There were a grand total of 4 housekeepers. 4. seriously. And most of the time we only had 3 because one of them was over at the other hotel. Getting 20-25 rooms to clean wasn't unusual. (I've even seen 31) And it's not like these were all stays either, this was a normal day. Even with all that, they then decided to give us a management checklist. You know, a list of all the things we shouldn't have to do because it's not our job? Yea, we had to do them. At least there was no shortage of hours. The people really were great though. Everyone helped each other out when they finished and we all got along really well. *cough* Until they get fed up and quit within 6 months. *cough*
Pros
1$ breakfast oh wait they stopped that. Great benifits opps wait they don't know what those are.
Cons
Advancement? what does that mean? Crazy understaffed, etc