Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews in Kelowna, BC

It is a great hotel however not a stable job as the seasons change and one may quickly be out of a job without notice. although during summer hours paychecks were agreeable the company cant secure the same amount consistently when summer ends. not a salary job so money isn't the safest.
Pros
slightly above min wage pay
Cons
pay not as good as it should be, hours arent garunteed, job isnt secure.
Best part about the job is you can work on your own, for the most part. The worst part is the time limits that are set, are sometime hard to manage. In the summer it is very hot in the hallways,and in the winter the hours can be hard to get, as it does slow down. The people are nice there, for the most part, and everyone seems to get along. People will help out others, when needed. Some management are very nice, and pleasant. I learned a lot there, and I will always be thankful for the lessons learned.
Pros
Sometimes off early
Cons
Can be stressful
i have never worked in such a horrible place, shame on etkins for letting this mistreatment happen. people and other staff members belittled me, yelled at me made me feel bad.
Pros
one free 10 min break.
Cons
horrible staff and management.
Hardest part of the job was the fluctuation in hours, and low pay. Days were pretty much the same day in and day out. Morning meeting, sent upstairs to clean rooms, when you were done, sometimes there was more work you could do, or go home. In the summer hours were great, but by the time October, it slowed down, with the exception of weekends. Great team atmosphere. Everyone is willing to jump in and help. The Executive Housekeeper is awesome to work for.
Pros
Pretty good work environment, schedules can be flexible
Cons
Fluctuation in hours, and low pay