Fairfield Inn & Suites

Canada68 reviews

Found 68 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,248 reviews
staffhourmanagementhardworkingemployeepeopleday

Very demanding

We were supposed to clean 16 rooms in 30 min each, ignorig the fact that we need to pick up linen and cleaning products in other floors and constantly changes keys and share a super slow elevator with the guests. When it was slow we were sent home early eventough we wanted to work more hours and the public areas could be cleaned or we could do deep cleanings those days. When I started working there it wasn't so bad, than management changed and it got really stressful for housekeepers. I dont know how it is nowadays as managers must have changed since then.

Not fun or inclusive, very stressful and non flexible and doesn’t care for their empoyees

THIS place is I would avoid at all times because thier manager and assistant manager are very unprofessional and very mean and rude not to mention a snob to thier employees and treats them like garbage never ever work here

Pros

Cons

Unfair treatment, highly stressful and long hours

Insights into Fairfield Inn & Suites

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Not a pleasant work place

The job it’s self is great, but management and staff weren’t the best in housekeeping. Maintenance treats housekeeping like actual garbage. And there is obvious favouritism when it comes to schedules, sections and how you are treated.

Cons

Long hours. No more then 3 breaks regardless of hours worked.no elevator.

Place to experience guest experience within dynamic environment and leads to develop some problem solving skills

Never expected to be here. All along there is fun with a little stress on weekends. However, work is totally enjoyable at this place with crucial employee incentives and the staff and management is the core of this business. Thanks and regards

Pros

Event parties on special occasions

Je ne recommande pas cette entreprise.

- Management incompétant.- Le salaire est une blague- Les superviseurs travaillent ensemble les mêmes shifts. Et laisse les nouveaux se débrouiller seul

Cons

Management incompétant

You had to be at your work station to greet or inform the guests..

It was a very pleasant place to work..It was a family run organization. Like I said beforehand, I worked for the family for approximately 17 years. It was a very good experience. It was in a great location with restaurants, stores, and casino also.

Pros

Great atmosphere to work in..

Cons

Having to handle hockey families...sometimes very taxing..

Fast paced environment

Good first job in hotel. Nice people . Very fast paced environment. Sometimes work alone. Two people in weekends. Low salary. No fulltime . Will cut hours if slow . No advancement or job security

Pros

Nice people

Cons

No advancement

They are very nice people

I like the work with them They are so kind people They give the salary on time They take care of everything They respect staff Management are so kind and helpful

Too labouress for the pay

Employess dont get paid what they are worth. They want you to finish at specific times without regular working hours. Only get 4 hrs per shift if that. And if theres longer times they tell you to hurry up.

Not a bad place to work fact paced

I was hired in Dec at the Marriott in kincardine ontarioI enjoyed working there people were friendly but two many bosses. We were told to take our time and clean thoroughly , dishes cupboards, oven etc. But to many rooms to clean aday .for what management wants you to do in each room , its impossible to do 14 rooms aday especially up and down the elevators constantly as tbere is not enough sheets or towels to go around. I would do it again if wasnt rushed 6 or 7 rooms a day no more.one will tell you stuff the other the opposite. To confusing. But i enjoyed it. If I could or allowed I would go back 😀

Cons

Not bad hours

Potentially not a good place to

Management was poor they put someone in management after working there 2 weeks and didn't even consider other employees that was there for years. Environment was horrible would not reccomend this place to work.

Everybody or all employees help each other especially at housekeeping department, front desk.

Management see people who really works hard and job well done, and gets rewarded, and best things get promoted. Always positive, and with a smile to make every guest and co workers happy and satisfied.

Cons

No paid sick leave

Horrible work environment

Manager did not show up to my interview, was interviewed by someone else, they didn't even ask for my resume and I was hired on the spot.-I was told the position was full time: it was only 5.5 hours/day, 5 days/week.-I was not given a lunch, but had 30 min taken off my pay each shift.-The manager is a horrible person, screamed at someone and made them cry in front of me on my first day, treats everyone there terribly.-Everyone other than the manager was quite nice, but not worth it to have to work with that manager.

Pros

easy to get hired

Cons

everything else

Needs more housekeepers that will stay

My day of work would be going in the morning wait for the supervisor to come in to divided rooms up between housekeeper that are in that day. i would empty trash cans in and out . I learned who to trust and not to trust .Management is fair but needs to listen more to the housekeepers not the supervisor . Workplace is friendly to a point on the guest . The hardest part being a housekeeper is how many rooms you get and if you get a room from a hooker or someone that has done drugs in the room we have to strip everything down and flip mattress and box spring to make sure no other drugs are left behind and vacuum under box spring and around it and also always make sure no trash behind night stands and pullout couch if one is not the room . The enjoyable part is about being a housekeeper is finding a stuffed animal and making some little child happy again and also making friends that don't advantage of you .

Pros

Hours, and some tips when you don't get them taken from you

Cons

to many rooms.

Great

Great people to work with and very hard working. Flexible hours when needed. Some guests can be demanding but most are polite. Management is great and there when you need them.

High quality beverage and food

Friendly employees and employers, the first day is always hard but with their help, I am more relaxed than ever. The company is very concerned about their employees' physical and mental health.

Good atmosphere and co-workers. Low salary

Nice hotel to work for. Salary is very low for the industry and being in the basic airport area. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Management and owner are similar to other companies.

Pros

Nice work environment

Cons

Very low salary. Very difficult to get benefits.

Only worked for a few days

Only worked for them for a few days till I found another job as I was on call, also there was no schedule so you had to wait for the owner to call in the morning. The pay was an insult,

Pros

The housekeeping staff were nice

Cons

Not good pay

good experience overall

I learned a lot while working there .I had a great experience .everyone was cooperative. Looking foreword to work there in future again. Overall it was fun being there.

Breakfast Ambassador

Nice staff, clean, not overly big hotel it's around 83 rooms. It can get quite busy for 1 person to setup, maintain and tear down breakfast buffet. Also maintain dining area and coffee station. Very early hours. Up at 4am to be at work for 5am. No buses at that time so you need a vehicle or a ride to work.

Challenging and fun place to work.

The management could have done better. A little organization was required. Otherwise, I enjoyed working with this company. The management were very flexible with my hours and understood my difficulties and problems both personally & professionally.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fairfield Inn & Suites . Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement