Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,279 reviews
I was hired in Dec at the Marriott in kincardine ontarioI enjoyed working there people were friendly but two many bosses. We were told to take our time and clean thoroughly , dishes cupboards, oven etc. But to many rooms to clean aday .for what management wants you to do in each room , its impossible to do 14 rooms aday especially up and down the elevators constantly as tbere is not enough sheets or towels to go around. I would do it again if wasnt rushed 6 or 7 rooms a day no more.one will tell you stuff the other the opposite. To confusing. But i enjoyed it. If I could or allowed I would go back 😀
Cons
Not bad hours
There rude and they do t care the try to all the management doesn't listen your better off speaking to a wall . And you have to do other people work coworkers suck and everything else in between
Pros
Cons
Everything you basically a slave for rooms
My job is close to home pros cons never has the stuff u need to clean a room and the supervisor in housekeeping is very rude the rooms are very bad they guest are always complaining and never having what they need and the place is very run down and they need to get alot of things fixed in the motel
Pros
The location
Cons
Never having what we need to work with and the supervisor is very rude
they don't tell you everything and have a tendency to make you feel outside everyone else most of them are foreign they will over or under work you never made enough to pay bills have to get better job just to survive
Pros
nice place does have some benefits
Cons
short breaks lots of rooms with small t I me frame to clean and no overtime what so ever
Management listened to concerns and was interested in fixing any issue that came up, they were proactive in problem solving. I always felt I mattered to the team and appreciated the creative resolutions.
Pros
Great pay plus gifts of appreciation
Cons
One co-worker attempted to run peers off based on religious differences.
No one even does their job properly. Managers are constantly changing the schedule with out telling you. They told me a set hourly rate in an interview but for months i was making 1$ less than promised.
Pros
Non
Cons
No breaks at all. Must eat lunch at front desk.
Ok place to work. Management was not the best but they have now changed. 9 bucks an hour Is not worth it in my opinion. Good hours in summer months terrible hours during winter months. Good place to work if you have nothing else.
LOVED LOVED LOVED working for Fairfield. My specific hotel was on the smaller side, but none the less, still by far an amazing job. Expectations are a bit higher then other hotels and jobs I have had but it was all worth it. Marriott in general has an incredible learning network for it's employees all around. Really, there is no limit to how far you can go was far as your own personal knowledge and learning thanks to the employee training videos.
Pros
Excellent learning opportunities, professional atmosphere, benefits
Cons
I worked at a privately owned hotel run by an outside management team and it showed. I was able to move up quickly, but becoming a manager resulted in a lot of unnecessary stress and pressure as we were understaffed and upper management cared more about budgeting and making money than punishing troublemakers, bringing in new hires, and keeping us well stocked with supplies. During our busiest months I ended up doing the jobs of several people on top of my own job every single day (10-12hrs) with no time to take a break. Pay was good and I did receive overtime, but I went home exhausted, sore, and emotionally drained at the end of each shift, which ultimately led to my resignation.
Pros
Good pay, health insurance, pto, friendly coworkers
Cons
Overwork, understaffed, poor communication
I worked at a Fairfield inn and suite in NY loved it there everyone was like family to me I left because I was moving to cheyenne Wyoming I miss everyone there
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
30 minutes lunchd
Underappreciated, if you work overnight you never see a supervisor. Turnover is high so alot of untrained workers giving guests wrong information. Management needs overhauled.
Pros
None.
Cons
No breaks. No benefits.
This is the only place I have ever worked for that the General Manager actually cares about customer service. The GM at this hotel has great passion for this industry. He has years of experience and knowledge that he shares with his team to make them great in providing excellent customer service. He can turn a 2 star hotel into a 5 star hotel in less than a year. And that’s why I love working at Fairfield under his management.
This was a work place as a stepping stone nothing else. I came to work for my coworkers they made me feel great and appreciated. The work is easy not hard at all. Very low supervision in the laundry room. I would help the housekeepers by stripping the beds and collecting the towels and trash.
Pros
Easy job, low supervision
Cons
Smelly hotel, management doesn't care about their workers.
Best team I've ever been a part of at a hotel. By far. Great GM who understands, listens, coaches, motivates and so much more. He would do any job if needed. Great example of leadership and never saying "It's not my job". Who you work for goes far with how you feel about the job and having a great team makes it all the better.
Pros
Team work. Good management
Cons
What cons?
It's a great hotel and has wonderful employees. Just like any place it has some bad seeds but overall good place. It is fast paced and you have to work hard. Do not apply if you are lazy in any way.
Pros
Company gives lunches etc sometimes
Cons
No guarantee of hours. I personally wanted more
Productive and great workplace great opportunities to grow and company very satisfied with the kind of work I perform but I am looking for better hours and to work from home
Pros
1 hr lunch break
Cons
Healthcare, long hours with no incentive
Issues are resolved quickly. The kitchen pays $8 which is great for a part time job because the work is simple. Tips still are offered to you inside of the kitchen by guest if you do great and keep a smile , but I never accepted those. The kitchen is a early morning to afternoon position so it’s usually closed off no later than 2pm. Housekeeping is a little harder but no more than a the usual you would do at home.
Pros
Breaks
This hotel is run poor from ownership and down under pay the gm don't help the employees when asked to help the takes forever doesn't follow up the schedule takes forever to get done everything about this hotel is run poorly to sum everything up
Pros
The saff is friendly
Cons
Poor management poor ownership
Worst place to work. Front desk manager never works and won't cover shifts expects employees to work 16 hour days. The culture here is toxic. Unfortunately this place looks better than it is.
I loved working there because you get to the guests and a lot of them stay multiple times a year. But the pay doesn’t really make it worth getting yelled at by the rude guests.
Fun, fast paced, your day seemed to go by really quickly. There was amazing communication between management and staff. They gave ample training and made sure you felt comfortable before giving you shifts by yourself. Management made sure you had all the tools you needed at your disposal to ensure a successful shift. You didn't really get breaks but you were allowed to eat whenever in the dining area (if there were no guests around) and you could step outside the doors for a cigarette.
Pros
Good environment, Knowledgeable staff and managment, helpful staff