Fairfield Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Review

Operations manager ruins any chance of this being a decent job.

13 November 2018
The job itself is enjoyable, meeting new people, helping guests. That was the only positive working here. The operations manager is rude, condescending, a liar, and goes out of her way to make everyday miserable. Constant changes to the schedule, broken promises, and constant bullying make it hard to enjoy. Don’t even think of advancement as you have to be related to management for that to happen. Ownership seems to ignore the constant turnover that’s a direct result of poor leadership. The rules and expectations change daily as do the paydays for managements convinence. Extreme favouritism and manipulation used against the employees. If management changed would be a great place to work.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations
17 December 2019
Same role
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) - Calgary, AB
can be really slow at times which means hours are cut so if you are a single person relying on a full time position it can be difficult. I like the multicultural environment keeps things fun and inviting non Canadians are really happy overall to be working and hearing and listening to their stories makes more and more grateful to be a Canadian and it constantly reminds me to be grateful.
10 June 2019
Same roleSame location
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) - Lethbridge, AB
The management was horrible. Expected you to work doubles, then return back in 4 hours. You could never plan your life because you were always there. My friend passed away, and after working 2 weeks of double shifts with one day off, they fired me because I got a doctor's note saying I needed a couple days to regain my mental health. They did it over voicemail.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
3 December 2019
Same location
Housekeeper (Former Employee) - Lethbridge, AB
Do not have much to say about this company. The staff tho were great to work with. Just many differences between management/ supervisors. Overall tho enjoyed my time with other stuff.
  1. Operations manager ruins any chance of this being a decent job.