Fairfield Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Review

Office Environment

7 February 2013
A typical day included answering the phones, making/adjusting/cancelling reservations. Any filing, ordering or various other clerical duites I preformed while checking guests into the hotel and assuring the general upkeep of the hotel was preformed.I learned a lot about customer service and working in a professional environment.
17 December 2019
Same role
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) - Calgary, AB
can be really slow at times which means hours are cut so if you are a single person relying on a full time position it can be difficult. I like the multicultural environment keeps things fun and inviting non Canadians are really happy overall to be working and hearing and listening to their stories makes more and more grateful to be a Canadian and it constantly reminds me to be grateful.
10 June 2019
Same role
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) - Lethbridge, AB
The management was horrible. Expected you to work doubles, then return back in 4 hours. You could never plan your life because you were always there. My friend passed away, and after working 2 weeks of double shifts with one day off, they fired me because I got a doctor's note saying I needed a couple days to regain my mental health. They did it over voicemail.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
10 October 2020
Same location
Housekeeper (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Manager did not show up to my interview, was interviewed by someone else, they didn't even ask for my resume and I was hired on the spot.-I was told the position was full time: it was only 5.5 hours/day, 5 days/week.-I was not given a lunch, but had 30 min taken off my pay each shift.-The manager is a horrible person, screamed at someone and made them cry in front of me on my first day, treats everyone there terribly.-Everyone other than the manager was quite nice, but not worth it to have to work with that manager.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
everything else