Fairfield Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Review

Needs more housekeepers that will stay

29 August 2020
My day of work would be going in the morning wait for the supervisor to come in to divided rooms up between housekeeper that are in that day. i would empty trash cans in and out . I learned who to trust and not to trust .Management is fair but needs to listen more to the housekeepers not the supervisor . Workplace is friendly to a point on the guest . The hardest part being a housekeeper is how many rooms you get and if you get a room from a hooker or someone that has done drugs in the room we have to strip everything down and flip mattress and box spring to make sure no other drugs are left behind and vacuum under box spring and around it and also always make sure no trash behind night stands and pullout couch if one is not the room . The enjoyable part is about being a housekeeper is finding a stuffed animal and making some little child happy again and also making friends that don't advantage of you .
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Hours, and some tips when you don't get them taken from you
Cons
to many rooms.
19 February 2017
Same role
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) - Kelowna, BC
i have never worked in such a horrible place, shame on etkins for letting this mistreatment happen. people and other staff members belittled me, yelled at me made me feel bad.
Pros
one free 10 min break.
Cons
horrible staff and management.
1 March 2020
Same location
Housekeeping (Current Employee) - Barrie, ON
I would sign in then stock my cart as I wait for my work sheet to see how many rooms i would be getting that day . Before and after my shift make sure all my cleaning bottles are refilled and all my soaps ,shampoo ,etc are all stock up get rid of my garbage and put a new one on my cart for the next day . i would empty the trash can on the floor and check others outside and in . Clean my rooms that are on my work sheet then give the manager my list so they can mark them down for the computer . sing out then leave to good home . The management is fair with every one. The only thing about the job that is hard when we have to many rooms and have to go up and down the stairs and get them and there is not enough for everyone . The most enjoyable of my job as a housekeeper is get to go home and knowing the I did a great job and the customers are happy .
28 May 2021
Housekeeper (Current Employee) - Guelph, ON
Employess dont get paid what they are worth. They want you to finish at specific times without regular working hours. Only get 4 hrs per shift if that. And if theres longer times they tell you to hurry up.
  1. Needs more housekeepers that will stay