Fairfield Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Review

Mediocre

8 January 2015
Work days range as a housekeeper at a hotel. This job is extremely physical, and while I do enjoy that aspect, the pay is ridiculous. An average work day for a housekeeper should be 16 rooms, 8 hour day. There have been several times where I have been expected - and produced- over 20 rooms in 9 hours. Sacrificing breaks and having no compensation for it to me, is ridiculous. I love what I do, but working at this Marriott has made me skeptical to others. The hardest part of my job would be having co workers who can barely speak our native language (English). Not only is it embarrassing for myself and others, but also irrelevant for a hotel when guests are depending on staff for recommendations on where to eat, activities to do, directions etc. The best part of my job is most definitely the guests. I love interacting and getting on a professional yet personal level with them- especially "regulars". These people are constantly on the go, and what I've experienced is the guests really do appreciate a familiar face away from home. That to me is gratifying in itself.
3.0Job security/advancement
Pros
cheap hotel stays, medical benefits
Cons
unscheduled / improper breaks
18 December 2020
Same role
Housekeeper (Former Employee) - Oakville, ON
Management was poor they put someone in management after working there 2 weeks and didn't even consider other employees that was there for years. Environment was horrible would not reccomend this place to work.
10 October 2020
Same roleSame location
Housekeeper (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Manager did not show up to my interview, was interviewed by someone else, they didn't even ask for my resume and I was hired on the spot.-I was told the position was full time: it was only 5.5 hours/day, 5 days/week.-I was not given a lunch, but had 30 min taken off my pay each shift.-The manager is a horrible person, screamed at someone and made them cry in front of me on my first day, treats everyone there terribly.-Everyone other than the manager was quite nice, but not worth it to have to work with that manager.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
everything else
20 March 2019
Same location
Cleaner (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Was hired to work 2 shifts, treated poorly and then fired by a person who was not my superior. They lied and gave no feed back of what I was doing wrong. I wouldn't recommend