Fairfield Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Review

Horrible work environment

10 October 2020
Manager did not show up to my interview, was interviewed by someone else, they didn't even ask for my resume and I was hired on the spot.-I was told the position was full time: it was only 5.5 hours/day, 5 days/week.-I was not given a lunch, but had 30 min taken off my pay each shift.-The manager is a horrible person, screamed at someone and made them cry in front of me on my first day, treats everyone there terribly.-Everyone other than the manager was quite nice, but not worth it to have to work with that manager.
1.0Job security/advancement
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
everything else
18 December 2020
Same role
Housekeeper (Former Employee) - Oakville, ON
Management was poor they put someone in management after working there 2 weeks and didn't even consider other employees that was there for years. Environment was horrible would not reccomend this place to work.
1 March 2020
Same role
Housekeeping (Current Employee) - Barrie, ON
I would sign in then stock my cart as I wait for my work sheet to see how many rooms i would be getting that day . Before and after my shift make sure all my cleaning bottles are refilled and all my soaps ,shampoo ,etc are all stock up get rid of my garbage and put a new one on my cart for the next day . i would empty the trash can on the floor and check others outside and in . Clean my rooms that are on my work sheet then give the manager my list so they can mark them down for the computer . sing out then leave to good home . The management is fair with every one. The only thing about the job that is hard when we have to many rooms and have to go up and down the stairs and get them and there is not enough for everyone . The most enjoyable of my job as a housekeeper is get to go home and knowing the I did a great job and the customers are happy .
20 March 2019
Same location
Cleaner (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Was hired to work 2 shifts, treated poorly and then fired by a person who was not my superior. They lied and gave no feed back of what I was doing wrong. I wouldn't recommend