Fairfield Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Review

Great place for people starting in hotels

28 January 2017
The place is a friendly hotel, the guests are nice and welcoming, hotel is averagely maintained, and co-workers are great to work with. A very simple hotel is the best way to put it.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
willing to balance life with work, and management are nice people
Cons
short staffed, low wage, may required to do unnecessary task, system is oldest in the industry, many computer problems such as (slow internet, internet goes out, can't do anything during backup, computer glitches), needless account names in system
17 December 2019
Same role
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) - Calgary, AB
can be really slow at times which means hours are cut so if you are a single person relying on a full time position it can be difficult. I like the multicultural environment keeps things fun and inviting non Canadians are really happy overall to be working and hearing and listening to their stories makes more and more grateful to be a Canadian and it constantly reminds me to be grateful.
10 June 2019
Same role
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) - Lethbridge, AB
The management was horrible. Expected you to work doubles, then return back in 4 hours. You could never plan your life because you were always there. My friend passed away, and after working 2 weeks of double shifts with one day off, they fired me because I got a doctor's note saying I needed a couple days to regain my mental health. They did it over voicemail.
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
19 December 2019
Same location
Breakfast Attendant and Front Desk (Former Employee) - Brampton, ON
While doing volunteer work at Fairfield Inn, I have learn many job skills like as:- breakfast attendant, housekeeping and front desk. Morover, I get knowledge about team work and many more skills.
  1. Great place for people starting in hotels