Fairfield Inn & Suites
Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Review

Great hotel but not a great job

26 October 2016
It is a great hotel however not a stable job as the seasons change and one may quickly be out of a job without notice. although during summer hours paychecks were agreeable the company cant secure the same amount consistently when summer ends. not a salary job so money isn't the safest.
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
slightly above min wage pay
Cons
pay not as good as it should be, hours arent garunteed, job isnt secure.
18 December 2020
Same role
Housekeeper (Former Employee) - Oakville, ON
Management was poor they put someone in management after working there 2 weeks and didn't even consider other employees that was there for years. Environment was horrible would not reccomend this place to work.
10 October 2020
Same role
Housekeeper (Former Employee) - Guelph, ON
Manager did not show up to my interview, was interviewed by someone else, they didn't even ask for my resume and I was hired on the spot.-I was told the position was full time: it was only 5.5 hours/day, 5 days/week.-I was not given a lunch, but had 30 min taken off my pay each shift.-The manager is a horrible person, screamed at someone and made them cry in front of me on my first day, treats everyone there terribly.-Everyone other than the manager was quite nice, but not worth it to have to work with that manager.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
everything else
20 February 2019
Same roleSame location
Housekeeper (Former Employee) - Kelowna, BC
Best part about the job is you can work on your own, for the most part. The worst part is the time limits that are set, are sometime hard to manage. In the summer it is very hot in the hallways,and in the winter the hours can be hard to get, as it does slow down. The people are nice there, for the most part, and everyone seems to get along. People will help out others, when needed. Some management are very nice, and pleasant. I learned a lot there, and I will always be thankful for the lessons learned.
Pros
Sometimes off early
Cons
Can be stressful
  1. Great hotel but not a great job