Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews

Canada59 reviews
Great people to work with and very hard working. Flexible hours when needed. Some guests can be demanding but most are polite. Management is great and there when you need them.
I tried to stay with this company for as long as possible. They ended up letting me go (during covid) after new owners took over, they gave me a letter saying my job was safe. Even with a doctor's note being off during my pregnancy heading into maternity leave they let me go. Really disappointing because I had been with the previous owners for 2 years.
Pros
Always keeping busy
Friendly employees and employers, the first day is always hard but with their help, I am more relaxed than ever. The company is very concerned about their employees' physical and mental health.
Nice hotel to work for. Salary is very low for the industry and being in the basic airport area. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Management and owner are similar to other companies.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Very low salary. Very difficult to get benefits.
Only worked for them for a few days till I found another job as I was on call, also there was no schedule so you had to wait for the owner to call in the morning. The pay was an insult,
Pros
The housekeeping staff were nice
Cons
Not good pay
I learned a lot while working there .I had a great experience .everyone was cooperative. Looking foreword to work there in future again. Overall it was fun being there.
Nice staff, clean, not overly big hotel it's around 83 rooms. It can get quite busy for 1 person to setup, maintain and tear down breakfast buffet. Also maintain dining area and coffee station. Very early hours. Up at 4am to be at work for 5am. No buses at that time so you need a vehicle or a ride to work.
I would sign in then stock my cart as I wait for my work sheet to see how many rooms i would be getting that day . Before and after my shift make sure all my cleaning bottles are refilled and all my soaps ,shampoo ,etc are all stock up get rid of my garbage and put a new one on my cart for the next day . i would empty the trash can on the floor and check others outside and in . Clean my rooms that are on my work sheet then give the manager my list so they can mark them down for the computer . sing out then leave to good home . The management is fair with every one. The only thing about the job that is hard when we have to many rooms and have to go up and down the stairs and get them and there is not enough for everyone . The most enjoyable of my job as a housekeeper is get to go home and knowing the I did a great job and the customers are happy .
I love their life balance/take care program for their employees. Their equally treatment and fair benefits making me having enough and sufficient in everyday life.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fairfield Inn & Suites ?
They like to over work people. Other housekeepers want help but wont offer help on return. Management is unfair and dont listen. I would not recommend anybody applying. They steal tips!
It’s fine, they’re flexible and nice enough. But they are sneaky and things aren’t always what they seem, if you pay attention you’ll notice some poor moral ethics being demonstrated, too bad, cause otherwise the job is pretty great
Pros
Job is easy
Cons
Owner has two faces
can be really slow at times which means hours are cut so if you are a single person relying on a full time position it can be difficult. I like the multicultural environment keeps things fun and inviting non Canadians are really happy overall to be working and hearing and listening to their stories makes more and more grateful to be a Canadian and it constantly reminds me to be grateful.
Do not have much to say about this company. The staff tho were great to work with. Just many differences between management/ supervisors. Overall tho enjoyed my time with other stuff.
Manager is very helpful, very supportive of staff and schedule issues. Very laid back and not strict so staff are motivated to work and get along with others.
Management was unreasonable. At the start I was given a list of tasks to be done by end of shift. It was easy. After some time management started to ask an unreasonable amount of extra tasks and the work load became too much for the time given. I was expected to clean two hotels in the same time I was given to clean just one before, it was not enough time to properly clean both hotels and it became stressful
Great place to work just no advancement available for me.Great place to learn about the hospitality business.Great team environment.Fantastic management team.
It’s okay it’s fine it’s alright it’s a job I don’t know what else to say. Pay is fine work is fine job is hard labour and gets exhausting sometimes but it’s alright.
If you enjoy being talked down to, bullied and made to feel worthless than this is the place for you.
Management does NOT care about the well being of their staff they feel that you are below them and that they own you
The work environment at this location is extremely toxic. One employee that works the front counter terrorizes the rest of the employees with rudeness and incompetence but do to familial relations nothing is done about it. Constant criticism and negativity from management with absolutely no positive reinforcement. Ownership lacks the skills to be considered professional, well employing a manager with absolutely no management skills. Problems are left for the employees to deal with with no help from management. Brand standard are only followed when it’s convenient for management. If you would like a job with little to no training, no assistance from management, where familial relationships are more important than professionalism, low pay and no benefits this is the job for you.
Perfect for a short term job. Not a place for stability and no respect of seniority.

If you want to growing up in a compagny, better to apply elsewhere.
The management was horrible. Expected you to work doubles, then return back in 4 hours. You could never plan your life because you were always there.
My friend passed away, and after working 2 weeks of double shifts with one day off, they fired me because I got a doctor's note saying I needed a couple days to regain my mental health. They did it over voicemail.
Pros
Meet new people