Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the search See all 1,458 reviews
not a very good work place setting
HOUSEKEEPING (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 May 2019
the shifts can be long and depending who is supervising stressful. As some are not very nice people to work with. very high turn over for staff. overall if you enjoy housekeeping and can ignore certain people and just get your job done, its alright.
Do not work here!!!!
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2019
Literally the worst company I have ever worked for. They expect the world of you and don't give you any credit when you give it to them. They keep hiring people and then before three months probation is up they fire them because its cheap labour. I loved it when I first started but as I worked there i saw how truly bad this company is. DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Pros
Cons
Literally everything
Watch out
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 March 2019
Was hired to work 2 shifts, treated poorly and then fired by a person who was not my superior. They lied and gave no feed back of what I was doing wrong. I wouldn't recommend
good
Kanata - Breakfast Server (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2019
- you should expect to work really hard
- soccer/hockey moms and kids are the worst, but you'll be surrounded by them, staff is super nice
- expect early mornings
You can have a locker, and you can be off early on some occasions.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC20 February 2019
Best part about the job is you can work on your own, for the most part. The worst part is the time limits that are set, are sometime hard to manage. In the summer it is very hot in the hallways,and in the winter the hours can be hard to get, as it does slow down.
The people are nice there, for the most part, and everyone seems to get along. People will help out others, when needed.
Some management are very nice, and pleasant.
I learned a lot there, and I will always be thankful for the lessons learned.
Pros
Sometimes off early
Cons
Can be stressful
its ok
AUDITOR (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 February 2019
If you need a job and are able to handle travelers, its a job for you.
Pros
Human experience
Cons
low wage and benefits
I love people,working with them
I have sales Anyway and l sales Avon,For 8 years (Former Employee) –  Vernon B.C.1 February 2019
I,m a real hard working,I ,m a friendly person,Hope you have a wonderful day,God Bless you.Thanks l have worked at Vernon Lod,Silver Star and Tiki,They liked my work,Did Laundry too.,and cleaning rooms
Operations manager ruins any chance of this being a decent job.
Front Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 November 2018
The job itself is enjoyable, meeting new people, helping guests. That was the only positive working here. The operations manager is rude, condescending, a liar, and goes out of her way to make everyday miserable. Constant changes to the schedule, broken promises, and constant bullying make it hard to enjoy. Don’t even think of advancement as you have to be related to management for that to happen. Ownership seems to ignore the constant turnover that’s a direct result of poor leadership. The rules and expectations change daily as do the paydays for managements convinence. Extreme favouritism and manipulation used against the employees. If management changed would be a great place to work.
Pros
Cons
Management, unrealistic expectations
no advancement
Night auditor (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB1 November 2018
Unless your friends with management, There is no advancement here. Co- Workers are great, friendly, helpful. Management does not care about its workers.
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 October 2018
Cared about their customers experience to the hotel. Had very high standards to cleanliness. Competitive rates with other hotels Teamwork was high with all the employees.
Absolutely horrible place to work.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL7 September 2018
Very uncleanly, and disorganized management literally had no idea what they were doing and would get upset with employees for doing what there told, yes I’m aware that makes no sense it didn’t to me either. Expected you to work past your scheduled shift UNPAID, management was no understanding in the least or easy to approach, we were expected to clean 16 rooms a day and no matter how messy the room is still expected to finish in time. Benefits are non existence, having to pay a 25$ union fee every pay check and getting twice the amount of taxes if not more taken out of my check than any other job I’ve ever worked at. Cannot have any piercings including TOUNGE which makes no sense at all. I was expected to take out my industrial earring at the top of my ear. Also tips were non existent and the job is just far far far FAR to physically and emotionally demanding to work. You were expected to be on call 24\7 even when you had already worked full hours that week and come in when they pleased. Some people would be working 7 days a week because of being pressured!! Anyways all in all do yourself a favour and NEVER work for this company please I promise you, you will regret it! The kenmount road Fairfield inn in St. John’s Newfoundland was the one I worked at just to be clear!
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
All listed in my description
Ok
Housekeeping Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON13 August 2018
Good job to have if you like to clean in a timely manner. Nice facility to work in and the staff was nice. Good exercise while working is my idea of a good job.
Pure trash, but a job is a job
Housekeeper/Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 November 2017
The only thing i can think that was a positive was the people but they're no match for the massive steaming pile that was literally everything else.
There were a grand total of 4 housekeepers. 4. seriously. And most of the time we only had 3 because one of them was over at the other hotel. Getting 20-25 rooms to clean wasn't unusual. (I've even seen 31) And it's not like these were all stays either, this was a normal day.
Even with all that, they then decided to give us a management checklist. You know, a list of all the things we shouldn't have to do because it's not our job? Yea, we had to do them.
At least there was no shortage of hours.

The people really were great though. Everyone helped each other out when they finished and we all got along really well. *cough* Until they get fed up and quit within 6 months. *cough*
Pros
1$ breakfast oh wait they stopped that. Great benifits opps wait they don't know what those are.
Cons
Advancement? what does that mean? Crazy understaffed, etc
AMazing but challenging
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 November 2017
Working with the old team was absolutely amazing!
However, when new management becomes difficult to work with, the job becomes a lot harder in many different ways.
Pros
Great experience
Housekeeping is interesting
Housekeeper/Inspector (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 October 2017
It was a good place to work as long as you got along with all the girls. but as far as any job with as many people working in the same department under the pressure required to maintain standard could be a bit much
What to expect
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB6 October 2017
At Fairfield, a few things you can expect are work, pleasant guests, and $1.00 all you can eat breakfast and free coffee throughout the day. There will always be hours if you want them. Moving on to the negatives; in the ten months I was there, I was never given a salary raise (even after asking after three and four months), nor was I given benefits after 6 months; they did not promote from within the company; your work schedule during the day fluctuated (you would be scheduled from 8-4 and some days wouldn't be gone until 6 or 7 (without warning)); you would be forced to work at a neighbouring hotel if an employee did not show up for work (which happened on a weekly basis, and this meant staying until 6 or 7, which is challenging if you have kids); management, in my experience, had good days and bad days. I only wish the bad days were sparse, as opposed to what they were. Most of the bad days involved staff getting pizza though so that was nice.
Pros
Inexpensive breakfast, free coffee, great co-workers, lots of hours.
Cons
Unexpected schedule changes (under 8 hours notice), no wage increase, no benefits, indifferent management
Productive environment with a work - life unbalance
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON22 September 2017
Start at 8 or 9, You stay until everyone on your housekeeping shift is done, you could be done your rooms ar 4pm but a coworker isnt until 9pm, you stay until 9pm. trainers are hard on new people. and they dont get your information for pay right away all they ask for when you start is your first and last name,
Pros
pay check
Cons
long shifts ( 12 - 16 hrs a day ), trainers are rough on new people
Great management! Bad owners!
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 September 2017
Working here has been such a bad experience. Really low pay and the owners tend to get involved so much. You can work your butt off for them and they still can not appreciate it. Working team is great minus the housekeeping manager. So unprofessional! Not worth it to work for bad ownership!
Pros
Management and staff team
Cons
Bad owners and low pay
Great
Front Office Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON25 April 2017
I love my job, great work environment, teamwork and great workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of my job is when guests tell you that they had a great stay and that you've made them feel at home :).
Pros
Great Team
miss treatment, favoritism, racism, unfair punishments, unfit management.
Housekeeper/Laundry (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 February 2017
i have never worked in such a horrible place, shame on etkins for letting this mistreatment happen. people and other staff members belittled me, yelled at me made me feel bad.
Pros
one free 10 min break.
Cons
horrible staff and management.