Fairfield Inn & Suites

Fairfield Inn & Suites  Employee Reviews

I was hired in Dec at the Marriott in kincardine ontarioI enjoyed working there people were friendly but two many bosses. We were told to take our time and clean thoroughly , dishes cupboards, oven etc. But to many rooms to clean aday .for what management wants you to do in each room , its impossible to do 14 rooms aday especially up and down the elevators constantly as tbere is not enough sheets or towels to go around. I would do it again if wasnt rushed 6 or 7 rooms a day no more.one will tell you stuff the other the opposite. To confusing. But i enjoyed it. If I could or allowed I would go back 😀
Cons
Not bad hours
Management was poor they put someone in management after working there 2 weeks and didn't even consider other employees that was there for years. Environment was horrible would not reccomend this place to work.
Management see people who really works hard and job well done, and gets rewarded, and best things get promoted. Always positive, and with a smile to make every guest and co workers happy and satisfied.
Cons
No paid sick leave
Manager did not show up to my interview, was interviewed by someone else, they didn't even ask for my resume and I was hired on the spot.-I was told the position was full time: it was only 5.5 hours/day, 5 days/week.-I was not given a lunch, but had 30 min taken off my pay each shift.-The manager is a horrible person, screamed at someone and made them cry in front of me on my first day, treats everyone there terribly.-Everyone other than the manager was quite nice, but not worth it to have to work with that manager.
Pros
easy to get hired
Cons
everything else
My day of work would be going in the morning wait for the supervisor to come in to divided rooms up between housekeeper that are in that day. i would empty trash cans in and out . I learned who to trust and not to trust .Management is fair but needs to listen more to the housekeepers not the supervisor . Workplace is friendly to a point on the guest . The hardest part being a housekeeper is how many rooms you get and if you get a room from a hooker or someone that has done drugs in the room we have to strip everything down and flip mattress and box spring to make sure no other drugs are left behind and vacuum under box spring and around it and also always make sure no trash behind night stands and pullout couch if one is not the room . The enjoyable part is about being a housekeeper is finding a stuffed animal and making some little child happy again and also making friends that don't advantage of you .
Pros
Hours, and some tips when you don't get them taken from you
Cons
to many rooms.
Great people to work with and very hard working. Flexible hours when needed. Some guests can be demanding but most are polite. Management is great and there when you need them.
Friendly employees and employers, the first day is always hard but with their help, I am more relaxed than ever. The company is very concerned about their employees' physical and mental health.
Nice hotel to work for. Salary is very low for the industry and being in the basic airport area. Co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with. Management and owner are similar to other companies.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Very low salary. Very difficult to get benefits.
Only worked for them for a few days till I found another job as I was on call, also there was no schedule so you had to wait for the owner to call in the morning. The pay was an insult,
Pros
The housekeeping staff were nice
Cons
Not good pay
I learned a lot while working there .I had a great experience .everyone was cooperative. Looking foreword to work there in future again. Overall it was fun being there.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Fairfield Inn & Suites ?
Nice staff, clean, not overly big hotel it's around 83 rooms. It can get quite busy for 1 person to setup, maintain and tear down breakfast buffet. Also maintain dining area and coffee station. Very early hours. Up at 4am to be at work for 5am. No buses at that time so you need a vehicle or a ride to work.
I would sign in then stock my cart as I wait for my work sheet to see how many rooms i would be getting that day . Before and after my shift make sure all my cleaning bottles are refilled and all my soaps ,shampoo ,etc are all stock up get rid of my garbage and put a new one on my cart for the next day . i would empty the trash can on the floor and check others outside and in . Clean my rooms that are on my work sheet then give the manager my list so they can mark them down for the computer . sing out then leave to good home . The management is fair with every one. The only thing about the job that is hard when we have to many rooms and have to go up and down the stairs and get them and there is not enough for everyone . The most enjoyable of my job as a housekeeper is get to go home and knowing the I did a great job and the customers are happy .
I love their life balance/take care program for their employees. Their equally treatment and fair benefits making me having enough and sufficient in everyday life.
They like to over work people. Other housekeepers want help but wont offer help on return. Management is unfair and dont listen. I would not recommend anybody applying. They steal tips!
It’s fine, they’re flexible and nice enough. But they are sneaky and things aren’t always what they seem, if you pay attention you’ll notice some poor moral ethics being demonstrated, too bad, cause otherwise the job is pretty great
Pros
Job is easy
Cons
Owner has two faces
While doing volunteer work at Fairfield Inn, I have learn many job skills like as:- breakfast attendant, housekeeping and front desk. Morover, I get knowledge about team work and many more skills.
can be really slow at times which means hours are cut so if you are a single person relying on a full time position it can be difficult. I like the multicultural environment keeps things fun and inviting non Canadians are really happy overall to be working and hearing and listening to their stories makes more and more grateful to be a Canadian and it constantly reminds me to be grateful.
Do not have much to say about this company. The staff tho were great to work with. Just many differences between management/ supervisors. Overall tho enjoyed my time with other stuff.
Manager is very helpful, very supportive of staff and schedule issues. Very laid back and not strict so staff are motivated to work and get along with others.
Management was unreasonable. At the start I was given a list of tasks to be done by end of shift. It was easy. After some time management started to ask an unreasonable amount of extra tasks and the work load became too much for the time given. I was expected to clean two hotels in the same time I was given to clean just one before, it was not enough time to properly clean both hotels and it became stressful
Great place to work just no advancement available for me.Great place to learn about the hospitality business.Great team environment.Fantastic management team.