FACTORY DIRECT

FACTORY DIRECT Management reviews

there was no communicating with the workers by management. if someone does something wrong instead of coming to the individual they would go to another staff to speak on you. i wouldn't recommend to anybody
Terrible place to work for. Stressful. No one to go to about issues at head office especially regional manager. Company is not run well. Terrible return exchange policy
Pros
Zero
Cons
Head office
Absolutely love this place, once they bring you in you're immediately family. It's easy work. Sometimes they get busy and might be understaffed so you're jumping from one part if the store to the other so try not to be constantly calling in cause your "sick".
The place is full of gossip even some management get in on it. If your new you're made to feel your opinions don't matter by he older staff and if you make a complaint you made to feel like you're a liar
Worst company i have ever worked for. Management in store is a complete joke and changes monthly as they cant seem to keep a manager for long. They expect you to find someone to cover your shift when ill yet they don't have enough trained staff to effectively do your job. Higher management comes in frequently and makes fun of lower staff members with in house management. They tell you theyll give you close to full time hours and give me maybe 20 hours as they are ALWAYS training new staff because surprise no one sticks around for long. Also be prepared to deal with a lot of angry customers as 90% of their products are sold missing parts, broken or not even the correct product in the box.
I loved my time at Factory Direct. I sincerely enjoyed working with every employee there, and the current management is top notch. I will definitely miss working here.
This year the management has changed there worst place ever they treat you like garbage as customer and as an employee they don’t have respect to anyone literally. They don’t give you your money no matter what plus half of the stuff is broken and doesn’t work.
Don't work here. One of the worst places to work in Brantford. Management is awful, pay is just as bad. Customers treat you like garbage. Commission isn't enough to warrant putting up with them either.
Not a good place to work. Don't acknowledge employee initiative. Bad management, no care for workplace safety. Below average work environment. Low expectations.
Employees are overworked, expectations are too high for what you are getting paid. Always being threatened with termination or write up. What kind of company sends mystery shoppers to screw there own employees? Companys return policy is terrible, its not worth the harassment to work here from both customers and regional management. No respect whatsoever in this company.
Pros
Theres a washroom
Cons
Long days, terrible customers, low pay
Very disorganized and head office does not care at all about employees. Decent job though if you do want to get a bit of money with there being commission.
Factory Direct is a very disorganized and boring workplace. Firstly, the upper management is completely out of the loop on what goes on in their stores. Systems are down for weeks at a time, with store level management scrambling to explain the inconveniences to customers. The products are also very low quality, with about 1 in 5 products being defective or missing parts. Even though you may sign up for a sales representative job, you will spend most of the day stocking shelves and “cleaning”, which includes making the products look straight on the shelves and often remerchandising entire sections. There is also very low opportunity for advancement within the company as many managers are outside hires, and also the high employee turnover rate. The pay is awful for the work they demand, like pulling skids, loading skids, wrapping skids and stocking some very heavy (around 60-70lb) items by yourself. Would recommend this job if you have no where else to go (easy to get hired).
Honestly, it's a liquidator not walmart not Canadian tire. People need to stop treating the company in such a way. They're relatively small with only 22 stores province wide. Regional management is pretty decent they usually always have your back as long as it's reasonable. Head office is readily available answer questions or concerns. The communication lines are open constantly. The pay is sub par but it if your in management your salaried so you always have a paycheck. No benefits. But as long as your good with your store manager scheduling is easy and flexible. You will be tested on escalated customer service, multitasking and troubleshooting a variety of issues. I really like the job, hopefully I can move up one day.
Pros
Flexible, learn alot about techy stuff
Cons
Sub par pay
i wouldn't wear my seat on my drive to work in hopes of dying on my way there. I would close eyes before crossing the street hoping i wouldn't have to go in the next day. Management is useless, lazy managers who leave employees to handle 4 customers at once. if you apply, you arent a cashier, you're everything. getting shifts covered are impossible.
Pros
experience
Cons
everything
There is a lot I can say about this job from being in middle management. But as long as you work in the store level you will always find this an entry level job. For cashier and sales they don't believe in full time so your looking at 10 min to maybe 30 hours if your luckily. Average would be 15 - 19 hours a week. Sales associates: Are asked to do too much they are customer service, sales, lost prevention, cleaning, pricing merchandising and more. It great to learn all this but at min. wage its a lot for the job. Cashiers: it's min wage you have to deal with customers and handle money a normal cash job. The point of sales they use is backwards and out dated making the job that much more annoying Management: Well I have read the ones before saying how Management doesn't have staff back on policies and such for return it is cause HO doesn't have the managers back and if we don't pretty much give the customer what they want HO gets mad at us. we get approval from HO to break policy I don't understand why they even have them if they are not going to follow them. As a management job you are over worked for a disrespectful amount of pay with no benefits. Again this is an entry level management position and if you looking to gain management experience it worth at least to add to your resume but if you have experience in management stay clear. Side fun info: if you Management for three years and they hire someone tomorrow they get paid the same. so no reviews or pay increases nothing to motivate you. Besides bonus you might make based off the unrealistic sale - more...
Pros
for under management flexible hours // for all job titles experience
Cons
low pay // ridiculous HO
I was paid properly, and things with my fellow employees were great. However, as hard as I worked, I was still let go because "things weren't working out". The regional manager even loved me as a worker, yet I was still let go. The environment was always dirty and disorganized, the customers were always rude/trying to get away with things they know they're not allowed to do. All in all, it was a very sketchy place, and I would not recommend it to others.
Depends at which Factory Direct location you work but management expects you to be an all-around employee (cashier/sales associate/customer service) which sucks because you're only getting minimum wage. Typical day includes helping out customers and cashing them out, keeping shelves neat and tidy, restocking products, picking out items for the online orders from Factory Direct website, putting up prices and changing the sale prices, and putting out products on the sales floor from shipment which comes twice a week. You get 25% commission for warranty sales but warranty only costs 10% of the price of a product so you basically get nothing. It's necessary for you to know about electronics since that's what most of the store's products are. Their electronics and appliances are refurbished so most don't last long/actually work. The hardest part of the job is that customers always keep coming back demanding a refund and yell or insult the employees because of the terrible products. Management does nothing about it either but most of the other sales associates will have your back. Hours are guaranteed if you're close with the manager. Workplace culture is very typical of retail where everyone snipes at each other. Salespeople only get 10% discount.
Pros
Learning about tech stuff
Cons
Bad pay, terrible customers, terrible refund policy for a retail store
Make sure that you take some time and really go through the kinds of products that this store sells. Selling to customers can be a bit on the harder side because a good portion of the products are refurbished and can have a rough outer shell. The management doesn't have you back when it comes to terrible customers being extremely rude because they cannot have what they want. Nor do the managers really have any power themselves which is not something that makes a store productive in nature when the managers themselves constantly have to ask the head office what they can and can't do with a return. When it comes to working here the customer isn't always right. Instead of just helping the customer to be happier with another product employees are expected to inspect the item and make sure that it truly doesn't work. This makes the employee and the customer embarrassed. The return policy is one that is unlike any other in the retail industry. A similar store called "treasure hunt" which is a store similar to this one in the respect of selling open boxed and refurbished items OFFERS REFUNDS within a select number of days. The only thing that you can do when a customer is angry is to direct them to a manager while they take their frustrations out on you because they are upset with a bad product and they CAN'T get their money back because the return policy doesn't allow for it. The stress of the customers coupled with the stress of having to work multiple jobs at once while still being expected to serve the customers while at the same time. If you are only looking to work - more...
This place pay really bad, but if you work at a fun location it makes it worth the while, the commission is good too only if your store is busy, otherwise its really nothing. Management is horrible, policy is bad so the customers are always mad.
Just bad everything from training, coaching, management, scheduling, no perks, to min. wage for life. The list goes on and on. I do believe the company holds a neat idea and bu they need to grow with how they manage and run a company.
The overseeing management is terrible. In store managers are usually quite decent. Working within this store was fun, and I loved all my coworkers. Head office let me go for "No reason", when they believed I was a thief, but had no evidence whatsoever to demonstrate this.This was later confirmed by a former manager, with whom I remain friends, who was also let go by this company. For the record, I never stole a thing, and in fact our bags and coats were searched every time anyone left the store. I would not have been able to steal anything. The head office of this company simply doesn't care about their employees. They see every one as expendable, and couldn't care less about morale of their workforce.