Fabutan

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Fair pay for job

Depends on what you get

Your work experience is really dependent on which franchisee you have, all are different and will treat you differently. Benefits were great when I started and slowly disappeared over the couple of years I was there.

great place to work, met great people

great enviroment great place to work, met great people, relaxed, inviting, fun, easy, gave lots of training, never worked alone, had management you could rely on

Unprofessional

Constantly told you’re replaceable, working here gave me lots of trauma. You will constantly be harassed when you’re not at work. Never pays you commission.

Pros

Slow paced

Cons

No job security, low pay, treated poorly

Depression

Completely catty, no sense of direction, management pretentious- they expect you to cold call people like crazy and you get screamed at all the time because your calling the same person your coworker did three days ago.

Pros

Discount on tanning

Cons

Everything except the customers

busy work place with ignorant owners and entitled customers

busy work place with ignorant owners and entitled customers. Have to work alone and do all tasks and sales by yourself for the day. know all ingredients of all products that come in and explain to customers.

Poor management,judgemental environment

Set up for failure, rude management, unfair compensation take too much commission, force their product line on their lash artists which in my opinion is not the best quality glue etc

Pros

Friendly interview, free snacks during staff meetings & in touch social, booking organization that allows clients, staff from all the salon locations to communicate

Cons

Poor pay, judgmental management & staff, awful vibes, poor space/work environment (sharing room, beds & tools), forced to use their poor quality products. Disrespectful management.

Fun position to say you have, but horrendous one to actually have.

Honestly babes, save yourself the waste of time. THE worst management I have ever experienced. They will "forget" to put you on payroll for at least the first month (max I've seen up to 3 months), will promise you amazing hours and you will receive nothing, pay you below minimum wage if you get into lashing, and will belittle you like no other. I've met a total of 3 employees out of the probably 200 I've met that enjoy this job/company. Don't even get me started on the labour laws they break. Your job is purely sales and if you do not sell enough every 3 hour shift you have, of course you get yelled at over text, but even if your numbers are double the expectation, of course you still get yelled at for not being able to pull the weight of all 8 girls at each studio. Revolving door of new hires because staff quits weekly, if not daily (for good reason may I add). I mean it when I say you will regret it. Anyone looking for employment, please take you and your self worth elsewhere.

Pros

Free tanning, Free red-light

Cons

Literally everything else

Great atmosphere and company!

Been working here for two years and I still love it! The atmosphere is great, the customers are wonderful, my boss and coworkers are very friendly and positive to be around. Definitely recommend working at fabutan!

Pros

Steady paced job

Laidback and love the culture!

Fab is probably one of the most laidback places I've worked. I love the culture and support I've had on this job! It never feels like work. They provide you with training for the beds, spray booth and lash extensions. It's a great place for students as well.

Pros

Free Redlight therapy, free tanning, discounted spray tans and discounted lashes

It's ok

Customers can be rude, you work by yourself 99% of the time. Commission only kicks in once you hit the requirements. Every franchisee runs their business a little different so it makes for confusion with policies across the city.

Pros

Free Tanning and Redlight

Fun place to work

Great job and great coworkers. The room for growth within the company is large, and achievable. Working for a franchise rather than corporate is key with this company. Clients are very friendly and regular so you get to know them well.

Fabutan

Overall great place to work, very organized, the bosses are willing to schedule you on what suits you, it’s like a family, great communication from the boss

Pros

Great work environment, never run out of things to do

Cons

Can be slow on the off season

HORRIBLE place to work!!

Management is horrendous, they do not care about their staff whatsoever, revenue trumps staff 100%. They have a system in place where they place staff on a leaderboard and all they care about is how much product you can sell. If you cannot force people to buy overpriced product and meet quota every shift you are in for it. Anyways I worked here for 9 1/2 months and my only regret is not leaving sooner. We had 7 employees total and within a week and half 5 employees left on account of how bad management was. And at least at the location I worked at we only had one person staffed at a time so even during 8 hr shifts we weren’t allowed to take breaks.

horrible place to work, DO NOT RECCOMEND

i worked at fabutan for about 2 months, the training was done all wrong you have to have a minimum of 10 training shifts before being scheduled as well as days of online training, i got a total of 1 day of training then left on my own and blamed for things i wasn't shown how toe do. was threatened to get fired almost everyday over small things example not replying to a email is a write up or fire, i also did lashed and it was the most unsanitary environment do not get your lashes done there. during a global pandemic we were told to re use the same eyelash brush for all of our clients, they used that one being passed around for over a week as well as all the lash glue is either empty all the time or expired, manager refused to let us use any other glue or product as well as tweezers were always in horrible shape and used by everyone. you will get humiliated by staff and talked about constantly, horrible communication between everybody, i finished my whole lash certification and then left due to horrible work environment and now they refuse to give me my certification unless i work there for 6 months or more. do not do it there's many other good places you can work. managers are all young and immature as well as staff.

Pros

free red light, free tanning, 50% off lashes

Cons

horrible managers, unsanitary, rude, blackmail

Not a solid job

Expected to work for free before and after scheduled shift. Staff meetings mandatory and unpaid. No consistency in schedule. False promises for advancement. Wages change randomly commission is promised and taken away at any given time. Bullying and harassment from the franchise owner. Multiple staff have left and have open cases against the Edmonton franchise owner. No help from head office

Not a great job

My manager was an a-hole and didn’t know what he was doing really. Nobody ever wanted to work for him, not many girls stayed long. Always a lot of drama between the different shops and customers. Free tanning though....

Pros

free tanning / discounts

Cons

unprofessional

Fun work environment

Lots of opportunities to grow and expand within the company. You build great relationships with customers and staff. Not a complicated job. Good hours.

Pros

Free Tanning and Red light therapy

Cons

Minimum pay (commission if you reach targets or are a lash tech)

Nope

Owners of this establishment were horrible and don't know how tot property treat their employees it's honestly ridiculous and I wouldn't work here again

Love this job

Love with their compassion for my condition and understanding with problems quick to back you up with rude customers and great perks to work here. ***

Good owner

Day here is relaxed amazing owner at the stores i worked at . Acadia and Deer run locations. Hardest part of the job is sales but easy when you get the hang of it

Fabutan Sun Tan Studios

They gave me a chance I didn’t have any experience and they taught me many things and I was left alone very shortly after hired and learned to be strong , be independent, learned to deal with any pressures by myself , of course I could call for help and they come visit time to time but I liked that I handled everything on my own in store, it gave me a strong sense of self , confidence!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Fabutan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement