Fabutan

Fabutan Employee Reviews

Often very boring and repetitive
Fabutan ensures you interact with new faces everyday which was a benefit of the job. Although, there was often a lot of sitting around and feeling bored. The job gets boring quickly but interacting with are people kept it entertaining at times.
Waste of time
Expect to be underpaid, talked badly about and belittled. Unrealistic goals so you don’t get commission. Would be fun if the owners and GM didn’t exist.
Good for students
The turnover at most locations is very high, in my experience it is very 50/50 for people that quit and people that get fired. Like any job it gets easier the longer you stick around. Sales are super important and you have to really know your stuff to be successful with it but it's possible. In my experience when you work you're working alone so there isn't really any co-worker relations which kinda sucks, but that means that when it's slow you can study if you have to.
I enjoyed working at fabutan the people r all helpful and friendly
I enjoyed working there but ran in a few problems with taking time off to help my that need to go to the cross cancer but all gd i found a new job i wanted to go back but i never got no reply back
Very friendly easy going staff customers were great and loved visiting with them every time they came in. Very easy to learn the duties required of me and great staff to teach me.
It’s an okay place to work
When you are first trying to start out as a lash tech, it’s a really good option, especially if you’ve been certified from somewhere else. However, the Fabutan I worked at was a little sketchy with my money and tips and I feel like I was cheated out of my tips and maybe 1/2 full lash sets. Whenever I would ask my manager about my missing money, she would call me snarky... which I think it’s kinda of reasonable , but then again I didn’t think I was coming off snarky
Productive fun place to work in met new friends and see differently people everyday
Working at Fabutan was great, when i first started it was complicated to get used to the computer, the way they managed the work, but after awhile you get used to it. Good environment to work around as well, see alot of people coming and going. Free tanning was the best part about working there. I gained more of a customer client experience under my belt.
Not bad
made some friends, lost some friends, undesirable management and not paid to manitoba expectations. benefits were cut for business owner struggling, which resulted in no discounts and unfair treatment
Fun a competitive workplace
A upbeat work place with opportunity to make good commission. A good part time job for students. Days are slow during the summer and feel like a workout during the winter months. Data base calls to make sales when it is slow.
Toxic workplace, that expects everything from employees on the basis of "loyalty"
The first few months will have you believing that this workplace is ran on a logical path. After that you start to realize the cracks. A CEO who shows up to belittle employees for 3 hours a day then goes off site. An accounting department that is morally degrading because they themselves are not happy. NO communication between coworkers and a complete lack of accountability from all departments.

HIGHLY recommend staying as far away as possible.
Good place to work-great bosses
The management is amazing and the job itself is great. It does very from crazy insane busy days to super slow dead days however. Thats a bit of a bummer. The hours dont make for the best work life balance but i have no complaints.
Toxic environment
Management s terrible, unprofessional at times. Very pushy and up in your business all the time. It is honestly a highly stressful sales job with bad management.
Front desk Sales
PROS
- work alone - can read / do homework

- free tanning

- clients are friendly

- relaxing environment

CONS

- working alone - boring

- long hours (sometimes)

- minimum wage
Worst company and owners
I would never recommend working for these wanna be business owners. If your ok with your boss being a 19 year old bimbo who talks to you like your her minion then this is certainly the place for you. This is the perfect high school gossip school yard atmosphere. Dont be fooled, upon being hired you have a weeks worth of UNPAID online training that's quite degrading to watch. Not only do you have to watch the training g there is an exam after every module that u must pass with 80%
Good Experience
Free/ Discounted services and products! Owners matter as they are franchised. I worked for 3 locations which were then bought out and I then chose to leave as the new people were money hungry and didn’t care about the customers. When I did work there it was awesome we were like a little family! Great staff parties and gatherings! Awesome cleanliness and upkeep! Our owners (now retired) always did the best job!!! They were awesome! I would have stayed there until I was 85 if I could have!!
Casual yet pleasent workplace
Fabutan was a wonderful place to work at, with good shifts, nice coworkers and enjoyable work. A typical day would consist of scheduling appointments, cleaning, and assisting customers with appointments, and cleaning the store.
Fired First Day
I got fired my first day because I made a $10.50 mistake at Riverbend Fabutan. I have 10 years of cashier & sales exp. and am a two time healthcare college graduate. I barely need to be trained on computer duties as I'm highly educated in these fields considering what I graduated for and have worked in before (psych emerg, reception, and doctors offices). I showed up early, worked hard, never argued with tasks, completed tasks when asked, cleaned the store very well, was nothing but nice with customers, and honestly put way more effort in than I should have considering the outcome. I mentioned I had OCD my second day of training and was treated as if I needed everything repeated to me multiple times even when I never displayed incompetence of these systems. She basically told me that she was "understanding of mistakes" but that I wasn't "picking things up quick enough" when again, I was using the computer by the second day with no issues and literally finished her sentences at times and she would agree on my answers, displaying that I was in deed picking things up and competent enough. Also, another worker who replaced me when I was done my 10-3 shift said she had made TONS of mistakes, and the manager even complained how she told her multiple times to "put the pillows on the beds the right way" but she didn't. So she's so understanding of mistakes yet fires me for a mistake that cost $10.50 on my first day. I accidentally sold a promo add on as a whole when you're supposed to sell a tanning package and the promo is the 10.00 add on. Yeah. So all of this is really looking like - more...
Pretty great
I really enjoyed working at fabutan. Every store is run by different owners so I can't say for all fabutans, but my only wish was that commission was easier to make. We had certain rules we had to pass before we even were considered for our commission (selling a certain number of packages and lotions) but some months were so slow it was impossible, we would still sell a lot, just not the exact number then we would get no commission at all... other than that not being really fair. It was a really fun job and I enjoyed being there. And lets not forget the sunshine perks of working there!
Horrible Company
i worked at the stand alone Hush Studio in southern Calgary. The communication was anything but good between employees and management. If you think you are going to have a full time position from the get go, you are very wrong. The people working there are so unprofessional and the wage is so low that there is no way you could make a living out of this job. They encourage you to sell product but you are only getting 3% commission on anything you sell... uhh what? Also, to be fiddling around with near someones eye balls for 15 dollars an hour? thats is also not worth it. At the location i worked at they expected you to use your own personal vehicle to go out and promote the company by handing out coupons to various businesses close by without paying for every km you drive, or pay you for your time that you took to go out and promote.
You are also expected to call past clients every time you have any free time and to encourage them to come back but most people tell you to stop calling them. The studio has gotten such a bad rep over the last year that i do not have much hope for this locations future.

Even the Manager talked so badly about this place and was continuously looking for a new job.
By far the best job ive ever had!!
Working at fabutan allowed me to establish self love and independence. it did not feel like work it was life, i worked 12 hour days and didn't want to leave the salon after ! absolutely great opportunity for women to find themselves!
poor management
Schedule changes last minute; so no room to make plans in your life outside of work. You must rely on coworkers to help you, as management doesn't always answer.
Work is slow in the summer, but super busy in the winter. The customers are mostly very nice. But prices can be too high to even try to sell to customers.
Pros
slow work during summer seasons and free tans
Cons
management not respecting your life outside of work