Work wellbeing score is 57 out of 100

FAB Restaurant Concepts Employee Reviews

Canada23 reviews

Nice place to work, learn and experience accounting field Good management Fair workplace culture Bank reconciliation is the challenging part of the job at the beginning

Do not work

They work you to the bone no training no sense of direction no coaching learned nothing nothing I enjoyed the culture was disappointing and just dealing with rude staff

Pros

Free but garbage food

Cons

No work life balance

Insights into FAB Restaurant Concepts

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Great opportunities

Learned lots about operations and tools for measuring finances, guest reviews, sale and net income. Owner listens to your ideas and works with you to implement and gives solid advice.

Job for a month

If you're thinking of applying for a Manager job in FAB, don't. Just don't do it. You will end up in a company that doesn't care about its employees, demonstrating how unvaluable and replaceable they are. The management turnover in a company is ridiculous, there is barely someone lasting longer than a few months. Managers quit or getting fired without notice or reasons. 10 hours shift for a Manager is considered as a short day, 12-16 hours as a norm. Work-life balance is not existing for obvious reasons. You do learn a lot there and getting a decent salary, but it's NOT worth it! It's toxic, demotivating, mentally and phisically exhausting. If you are looking for a job for a month, just to learn something new, it actually might not be a bad option... But better, find something else!

Pros

Learning opportunity

Cons

Long hours, toxic work culture (Top management)

Overworked and underpaid.

FAB Restaurant Concepts doesn't have a good reputation in the hospitality industry, and now I know why... long hours, lack of support, negative atmosphere, little professional development, no work culture, and a clear loss of respect for senior management since it appears they don't invest in learning the current knowledge and skills necessary in our roles to be of much value. Practice what you preach.

Pros

Guests.

Cons

All of the above.

Terrible management

The worst and most unprofessional management I’ve ever worked with. They treat staff like garbage and have no respect or appreciation. They talk down to staff and make staff do jobs they are not qualified for. They do not care if the staff makes money, and staff is not given tools for success. Always out of stock items and poor conflict resolution.

Pros

Waterfront view

Cons

Hard work for little money

Terrible Work Culture

Working for a company that undervalues their people is always difficult, however it is even more difficult when they lie about their intentions for you. Starting with FAB, there were a lot of false promises and narratives that came through to sway my decision to work here. They expect management to work 50 hours a week (this is literally not a joke), upper management enjoys never paying for anything (words directly out of a regional's mouth), and the upper management takes no input from on-site management. If you're a "Yes Man", feel free to apply - you'll thrive. But if you care about the industry at all and hold standards, don't bother. Regional Management doesn't want your opinion or values. They want you to bend over backwards to ensure their free meals are warranted.

Stay away

I worked for fab for about a year and a half. As a server we had no support staff and would be expected to make our own salads, do food prep work and dishes while tipping out the back of house on overall sales. Food would also have at least 40 minutes to come up and our tables would complain so much that we’d have to comp them and receive no tips. It was a daily thing for half my sales to be voided because of kitchen issues. Managers didn’t care if you were being abused by customers and would anything slide. Expect your tips to take weeks to receive and on a “tips today” card where you have to pay to access your own tips. Always out of napkins, straws, menus and cutlery. I would have to tell my tables “no” if they wanted a straw for their drink. I had tons of days where half the menu would be 86’d. So many tables would leave because we were out of everything. One winter we had igloos outside and weren’t allowed to wear any jackets that didn’t have a FAB logo on it. So we’re out there in t-shirts and half the time time the heaters would be broken so our guests would also be frozen. I worked at multiple FAB locations and these are common issues everywhere

Pros

Good co workers and some managers

Cons

Micromanaging by the CEO and regional manager

Salary V. Being treated like a human…

They pay their staff a reasonable amount and when you first arrive the welcome wagon and money will make you think you made a good choice. Until you hit 70 hours a week and they become cold and demanding even when your health or mental health suffers. Also D&I in many cases is only performative. LGBTQIA+ avoid. So if you’re ready to sell your soul to get a slightly higher salary- enjoy. They will also drop you without legal cause if you don’t keep your mouth shut.

Cons

Insane hours, unreasonable workload, poor communication, horrible RM support, intolerance to certain communities

Decent workplace, but ownership is absent and offers no support

Managers were mostly great, and coworkers were great to work with. The owners, however, are slow to respond to problems and seem reluctant to invest money in their properties. The location I worked at faced a constant stream of maintenance issues, none of which were solved in a timely manner. By the time I left, it felt like I was constantly apologizing for everything being broken or unavailable. We were regularly short on basics like glassware. These problems are exacerbated by overworked and underpaid management, who FAB seems content to wear down and replace on a regular basis. I genuinely liked the General Manager at my location, but they were given an impossible task and given the workload of at least three people to keep up with. In the year I worked there, I saw my location burn through three general managers.

Pros

Great colleagues, accommodating management, flexible schedule

Cons

Persistent maintenance issues, overworked management, frequent staffing issues

Jobs at FAB Restaurant Concepts

See more jobs

Horrible, longgggg hours

One of the worst companies I have ever worked for. That's why they are CONSTANTLY posting the same job ads. You will work a billion hours for salary that ends up being below minimum wage.

Pros

Casual atmosphere

Cons

Loooonnnnnnggggg days

Fantastic company with great culture and room for growth

FAB Restaurant concepts really is the best parts of a corporate structure with a family business culture. There is a level of ambition to keep growing and improving as a company and a commitment to providing the highest standard of service and work environment that reflects the bright future that this company has in this city.

Wonderful company to work for

I am so grateful to work for FAB. I have spent that past 10 years working for some of the top hospitality companies and I didn't find the right fit until I found FAB! Positive culture, "yes we can" attitudes, collaborative working environment. Management is very hands on and genuinely care about the staff.

Challenging and Rewarding!

This is a fun and rewarding company. I constantly feel challenged, and pushed to grow. Days are long, as expected in the industry, but never boring! If you are ready for a job that will develop you while still allowing you to have fun, FAB is definitely the place!

A cross between independant and big box restaurants

A union of the best qualities that come from independently run restaurants and large chains. Lots of infrastructure for menu development, training, coaching etc. Said infrastructure comes from the people who work next to you daily, not someone out of touch in an office.

Pros

Team oriented, people focused

Productive fun workplace!

A typical day at work for me would be getting in early always, never be late! Get on top of your day from the minute you get in, execute and deliver top service from FOH and BOH to our guests. Take care of my staff and have them educated and ready for their shift.I have learned to keep the same tone always as a manager, this sets the tone for the restaurant and keeps everyone motivated and in good spirits, always stay positive!! Show support to your team and always be there to help them.The best part of the job is the people you work with and the team you work in, pulling together like a family and making your guests happy is number 1!Great ambiance, food and drinks people having fun you can't beat it! All about them good vibes flowing in your restaurant.

Fun place to work with great people.

Working for FAB has always been a delight in this industry in this day and age. All the staff including: management and corporate are always such nice and friendly people which makes going to work everyday a lot more fun and enjoyable.

Entrepreneurial & Proven

It’s rare for a company to be around for 20+ years and still be as focused on growth as FAB currently is. The core values of family are ones that the company holds at the forefront of everything they do. It’s a place to be creative and grow while having the support needed to have fun along the way.

Pros

Creativity, Autonomy

Fun environment

It was a relaxing, collaborative environment that was enjoyable to work in and a lot to learn from. The management was helpful and easily reachable when needed. The culture was good and I looked forward to work each day.

Long days good company

Expect to work between 12-16 hours if you're in a busy location on the waterfront or at one of the Mill St Pubs. Overall a great company that is corporate, but still allows a great deal of creativity control and managerial freedom.

Pros

Chefs create own specials, Decent Salary

Cons

Really long days, not much room to grow or excel once in a KM position or GM position

Fun and cosy atmosphere, disorganized management though

Good place to work. I was a value dteam member because I put effort in to enhancing the customers' dining experience, and was a team player. As long as you pitch in to get the job done on a busy night when servers are in the weeds, they will love you

Pros

free lunches when you come in for shift and they wish to cut you less than 3 hours in

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at FAB Restaurant Concepts. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement