F5 Networks Employee Reviews

Perfect place for burnout
Sr. Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA18 June 2019
f5 is working on too many initiatives without clear priorities. They do not focus on continuous improvement, employee development or work/life balance. If you raise concerns, you will be told to either get on board or get off the train.
Customer is Job#1
Senior Network Support Engineer (APM/LTM) (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA16 May 2019
The customer is Job#1. Training is required, and the training programs have progressed geometrically from non-existent several years prior, to professional certification level. To do the specific jobs, certifications were implemented as requirements. This is to benefit the customer of course with more knowledge of issue resolution for the customer by setting knowledge standards.
Pros
Free drinks, colaberation is encouraged.
Cons
Study time was set in place, but customer calls of course took priority, virtually eliminated that.
Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 April 2019
You wont find many better places to work in Seattle, but its hard to get in the door. Great work-life balance and compensation packages. The location on the waterfront has nice views and walks to parks, restaurants, coffee shops, the Space Needle and downtown.
Pros
location, compensation
Cons
technology areas can be in a silo
Great work environment
Account executive (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London11 April 2019
Great company to work for, smart people within the organisation which always helps! Even though it’s a US based company, there is relatively good transparency
Pros
Smart people hired
Cons
Quiet office
Great company with good benefits
CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  F5 Networks4 April 2019
F5 is a great company with opportunities to move within the company. It provides exceptional benefits and professional development opportunities. The leadership team seems genuinely interested in the welfare of employees.
Great place to gain a deep functional understanding of the network stack
Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA3 April 2019
Great place to gain a deep functional understanding of the network stack. SOC as a service is a great place to get rich experience with cyber fraud, WAF, DDoS as a Service.
Great place to make a living!
Service Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Work from home21 March 2019
Great Company to work for! Flexible work place. Lots of vacation right from the start. Employee Stock Purchase Plan. RSU program. Bonus Plan. Good working culture!
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Tough to get promoted
Growing company with a great technology focus
Major Commercial Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA25 February 2019
A typical varied on my travel schedule. I covered 15 names Commercial Accounts - depending if I had meeting at Wachovia (where I spent a lot of time) I would coordinate, with local partners, Systems Engineers to visit 2 -3 other local clients/partners in North Carolina ie. Bank of America, Duke Energy, EMC, Forysthe.

Every day I committed to working with inside sales prospecting new business, reviewing Dun and Bradstreet information and the companies web-site and Linked-in.

What I learned from management - they encourage you to engage Senior Management and will support your larger initiatives- including setting up Customer Engagement at the Corporate Office in Seattle and will enable you to accompany the client even if the total client solution required you to travel with the client to a partners office in another city (San Jose). Total client success.

F5 Networks also arms sales on competitive information.
Great culture and every week Beer Fridays
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA22 January 2019
-Typical day: busy collaborating
-Learned: everyone is important
-Management: take care of their teams
-Workplace culture: inclusive
-Hardest part of the job: leaving work on time
-Enjoyable part of the job: socializing events
Im happy
Used part car (Former Employee) –  Selangor19 January 2019
I love this job becouse that my ambition , to be a formen, coz To make some people feel happy when i help them to find solution about they car problem its a one winning for me,
Cons
Great company, just got put into the wrong role.
Inside Business Development Representative (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA11 January 2019
F5 has been a great company to work for. The culture is great, as are the people. I loved my initial role at F5, spending two years on the Sales Operations team. I thought I would give sales a try. After a year in a business development role, I have come to the conclusion that sales simply isn't for me. This has nothing to do with F5, and everything to do with me trying something new, and figuring out it just isn't for me.
Not the best place to work and get ahead
Undisclosed (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA18 December 2018
Check reviews for f5 on glassdoor and you'll see why I've rated them so low here as well. My experience here has been less than desirable. They seem to have a lot of unconscious bias training and unconscious bias continues to affect the careers of minorities. Management is completely oblivious and more concerned with creating a tower in downtown Seattle rather than employee retention.
Pros
free drinks, good pay
Cons
dead end job, aloof management
Very productive
Sr. Drafter / Designer (Former Employee) –  Liberty Lake, WA29 November 2018
Great company to work for and many opportunities for advancement. F5 offers so much in the way of training, self-improvement and education. It will be interesting to follow F5's new direction.
Pros
Great insurance, free beverages, great group of peers
Benefits were great
Technical Support Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Lowell, MA29 October 2018
Issues RSUs based on performance

Was granted ESPP

Quarterly bonuses

Compensated based on skill level and performance

Good work hours

Great networking and technical environment
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Culture could be improved
Good place for work/life balance
Software Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA18 October 2018
This is a good place to work. However the company, like many other hardware vendor companies, is undergoing a transition to delivering software solutions that make company. The company is making efforts in this direction, and time will tell if they are successful. Not impressed by the management chain.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
Too much focus on certain projects/teams
Productive and fun workplace
Global Campaigns Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA1 October 2018
I came in everyday knowing exactly what I needed to do. Everyone was really friendly and accommodating. I never hesitated if I needed assistance. Interns and higher-ups were all great.
good networking SW company
Principal Software Engineer, Network core team (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA26 September 2018
1. Developing a new features.
2. Testing and debugging
3. Solve fields problems.
4. Help troubleshooting compicate use cases.
5. Most enjoyable part is design and implementation new features.
6. I do like workplace culture in f5.
Pros
Good stable company, good compensation..
Cons
Company is too stable, not enough flexible.
Changes are coming
Hardware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA19 September 2018
This is a required field. More characters are required to use the Indeed site. Am I being held over a barrel by Indeed? What are the similarities to f5? Just ask.
The New F5 is not the F5 of old
Principal Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA17 September 2018
F5, has a new management team in place. Which has changed the direction, and vibe of the company. They are now having yearly layoff's. So if you want any form of Job Security, it is not the place for you.
Pros
Free Snacks, Great Medical.
Cons
Lack of job security
F5 is a great place to work.
Enterprise Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA12 September 2018
F5 Networks is a great place to work, with great teams and people that are dedicated to whatever they do.
it is an enabling environment, giving opportunities for the individual to grow, and with lots of opportunities internally as well.
It offers great remunerations and benefits too.

A good place to build knowledge and a career.
Pros
Great place to work, great people, great benefits, calm environment, and unpretentious.
Cons
Work load might be significant sometimes depending on what part of the organisation you work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at F5 Networks. Our community is ready to answer.