F12.net

F12.net Management reviews

Canada14 reviews
Work life was great. Location was easy to get to by transit if needed, private parking available, large open office, lots of places to go for lunch. Staff in the office were helpful - even the ones at head office. Really enjoyed my short time there. Although, workload was very hard for one individual. Could be somewhat overwhelming at times. Managers and staff would ask how I was doing but it was hard to approach some people for support as it seemed like everyone was "too busy" to help. I believe management should undergo some training on various skills in the management field and relations. More policies and procedures need to be structured in company to give all staff more support. The one downfall in not having an HR department!
Pros
Fun & happy people to work with
Cons
Unstructured policies & procedures, under trained management, overloaded workload on some staff
Management has no actual experience of managing the team. No matter how hard you work, if you are not a suckup to the managers, its not good enough. Most of the co-workers liked the job but hated the management there.
Pros
Get to learn a lot quickly, Benefits
Cons
Management, No Job training, Poorly Structured Salaries, Long Days
I was treated as an asset, not an employee. It was a good place to work in terms of the co-workers I had and the work I had to do. However, management was not honest and changed their minds about important subjects often.
I was offered a significant amount of training from the start and was made to feel a part of the business. The company is growing quickly, there are a lot of changes, but the management team has done a good job communicating what's coming. I've been given a clear career path. They've done a good job of creating an environment that is fun and professional and which is reflected in how they service their customers. They're obsessive about the customer experience and they invest a lot in staff activities - the people I work with are awesome.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Hard work
From the first day working there, I knew F12.net was something unique.

From the new state of the art office that also houses their own data-center to the vast clientele they support. I'm talking car dealerships, accounting firms, law firms, construction companies, day cares, the list goes on and on.
You get exposure to Windows Servers, remote management tools, different types of computer hardware, firewalls and cloud infrastructures.

I learned more working at F12.net than going to school for IT. For someone who is fresh out of school, this is the place to be. You will be able to grow your skills to succeed in this field.

You are surrounded by industry veterans and smart minds. They are supportive and want you to succeed in your career. They are always there to help you.
Pros
Exposure to a vast array of technology and software, lots of room to grow
Cons
No working from home
Pay is sub-par. Very little job advancement and long hours.
Big on culture but very demanding managers with little to no reward.

Management has very little actual management training as most are long time techs that were original to the company and are now owners.
Pros
They are big on cultur
Cons
Very little job advancement. Poor salaries
The management makes a big deal out of saying you are important and that there is a decent work-life balance and family is important. It's all lies.

First, their bonus structure was a sham and could not be achieved (they say work X number of billable hours to gain bonus, but you can't work more than X-1 hours or you get yelled at).

Second, they throw you under the bus every day.

Third, their team meetings are a ridiculously vapid spouting of corporate platitudes and meaningless buzz phrases meant to inspire you to ignore the fact that you are being thrown under the bus and they don't support you in any way.
Pros
Nothing that I can think of
Cons
Being forced to drive downtown after being on the road out of town for seven hours to do paperwork, no recognition, no bonus, managers are idiots, etc.