F12.net Employee Reviews

Lots of growth if you are willing to chase it
Employee (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2018
Great company, great colleagues, great clients. You will learn a lot in a short amount of time which is sometimes overwhelming but also amazing. The support system from people around you allows you to do that.

Strongly recommend to people who want to grow and are willing to chase it.
I look forward to coming to work
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2018
I was offered a significant amount of training from the start and was made to feel a part of the business. The company is growing quickly, there are a lot of changes, but the management team has done a good job communicating what's coming. I've been given a clear career path. They've done a good job of creating an environment that is fun and professional and which is reflected in how they service their customers. They're obsessive about the customer experience and they invest a lot in staff activities - the people I work with are awesome.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Hard work
Amazing culture, amazing place to work
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 October 2018
I have been here for 5 years and it's amazing. I have advanced through the company through hardwork. They appreciate the people and what they bring to the table.
Fast growing, cross canada employer
I.T. Consultant/Manager (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON3 June 2018
Advancement through the ranks is available to all who show they excel at their position, and desire to grow. Everyone can be involved from all departments to gather new ideas and processes to help the company grow.
One of the best IT companies to work for
Remote Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON27 April 2018
From the first day working there, I knew F12.net was something unique.

From the new state of the art office that also houses their own data-center to the vast clientele they support. I'm talking car dealerships, accounting firms, law firms, construction companies, day cares, the list goes on and on. You get exposure to Windows Servers, remote management tools, different types of computer hardware, firewalls and cloud infrastructures.

I learned more working at F12.net than going to school for IT. For someone who is fresh out of school, this is the place to be. You will be able to grow your skills to succeed in this field.

You are surrounded by industry veterans and smart minds. They are supportive and want you to succeed in your career. They are always there to help you.
Pros
Exposure to a vast array of technology and software, lots of room to grow
Cons
No working from home
Purchaser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 April 2018
Have been working at this company for almost 4 years. Never had anything that was not expected from a normal job, Great culture and environment. Would recommend it to anyone starting their career.
Accounting Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton19 July 2017
I have worked around a few other companies and this has been the greatest company by far. Great culture, great pay and great opportunities. Great mgmt
Poor management and Job advancement
Project Deployment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2017
Pay is sub-par. Very little job advancement and long hours.
Big on culture but very demanding managers with little to no reward.
Management has very little actual management training as most are long time techs that were original to the company and are now owners.
Pros
They are big on cultur
Cons
Very little job advancement. Poor salaries
Only the second worst place I've worked
System Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 August 2015
The management makes a big deal out of saying you are important and that there is a decent work-life balance and family is important. It's all lies.

First, their bonus structure was a sham and could not be achieved (they say work X number of billable hours to gain bonus, but you can't work more than X-1 hours or you get yelled at).

Second, they throw you under the bus every day.

Third, their team meetings are a ridiculously vapid spouting of corporate platitudes and meaningless buzz phrases meant to inspire you to ignore the fact that you are being thrown under the bus and they don't support you in any way.
Pros
Nothing that I can think of
Cons
Being forced to drive downtown after being on the road out of town for seven hours to do paperwork, no recognition, no bonus, managers are idiots, etc.
Best Employer I have had to date
Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 May 2015
A typical day would involve arriving 15 minutes early to respond to emails, go over scheduling and tickets, and maybe share breakfast with your co-workers. Then off to visit your amazing clientele and deliver great service that rarely went unnoticed or unappreciated.
At the end of the day, it was back to the office to unwind, schmooze and brainstorm. And maybe get caught up in an all out impromptu NERF war.
I cannot stress enough the company's focus on their employees AND clients satisfaction. F12 has a corporate culture that is invigorating, inviting, encompassing, and fun. Annual client appreciation shindigs that get everyone involved, technology driven events, and ample opportunity to grow your career as you desire.
Pros
The people, the culture, the opportunities
Cons
I no longer work there. Dang it!
Fun place, good pay & benefits... BUT..
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2014
Work life was great. Location was easy to get to by transit if needed, private parking available, large open office, lots of places to go for lunch. Staff in the office were helpful - even the ones at head office. Really enjoyed my short time there. Although, workload was very hard for one individual. Could be somewhat overwhelming at times. Managers and staff would ask how I was doing but it was hard to approach some people for support as it seemed like everyone was "too busy" to help. I believe management should undergo some training on various skills in the management field and relations. More policies and procedures need to be structured in company to give all staff more support. The one downfall in not having an HR department!
Pros
Fun & happy people to work with
Cons
Unstructured policies & procedures, under trained management, overloaded workload on some staff