F & P Manufacturing Employee Reviews

Low wages and treat their employees like dumbs
Associate (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON15 September 2018
Temporary employees are treated like dumbs and machines. They are forced to work at high paced in an unhealthy environment. Don't go there unless you have no other choice.
Pros
Some nice co- workers
Cons
Lot of smoke in the welding department; work motion, bends are not good for human body in the long term
golf course
Loader, Re-worker (Current Employee) –  Tottenham, ON22 July 2018
On a typical day at work I talk to my supervisor about the list of things I need to start of my day with. This is my daily work list that I do on the basis which is work line cells and weld/re-work.
Pros
Free lunches for birthdays and gift cards
Good Workplace, Poor Wages For Temp Employees
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Tottenham, ON17 May 2018
Its a pretty decent working environment, Its fast work but overall fairly easy and brainless. The staff is fairly friendly in a working environment but during breaks you'll tend to sit by yourself unless you push your way into a group. The breaks are shortened to 10/20/10 but the supervisorsgenerally don't make a big deal if yoi spend a little longer returning from break.
Pros
good Cafe, Easy Work
Cons
Long Days (If youre with a temp agency), Minimum Wage (Temp)
Good place to work - awesome benefits and good pay
Full time salary (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON12 May 2018
F & P is a very employee driven company. They provide subsidized meals, great health benefits and pay by the minute. Some of the employees who have been there for a long time can have very poor and antiquated attitudes and resist any chance to update or improve the computer systems. However, for the most part, it is a great place to work and they treat their employees well. The social functions are very enjoyable, they recognize your birthday and have weekly meetings so you have an idea about what is going on with the company. I liked it here, unfortunately, I did not like the department or its' clique-y behavior.
Pros
many benefits, good pay. great hr department
Cons
high stree and cliques
Good Workplace
Entry Level Associate (ELA) (Current Employee) –  Tottenham, ON17 April 2018
I’m proud of the work I am doing with
my team as I spend working in multidisciplinary groups.
Good place to work. Multi cultural environment. So far Its been great to work with F and P.
Jr Java Developer COOP
Jr. Java Developer COOP (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON31 August 2017
This is not a software company, this is a assembly plant. They dont do software development or IT so it would be better if you did ERP or Engineering.
Pros
Close to home, not a bad commute, there is a cafe
Cons
This is not a software company, this is a assembly plant.
Human conveyor belt
Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON30 August 2017
This is NOT a tier one company ! Avoid this place at all costs. If you like be treated like a child, this is definitely the place for you. Plain and simple, this place sucks !
Pros
Nice lunch room
Cons
Mostly everything
Good staff and neat & clean factory
Machine Operator/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Caledon, ON9 March 2017
It was a big factory having 2 wings.firstly i worked in wing 1 and i enjoyed really well.workers were very cooprative. Then i worked in wing 2 ,there i enjoyed the most.work was done easily with having fun and littel bit of citt chat with workers.
Horrible place to work
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Nolan Road, Tottemham, Ontario29 November 2016
Very loud and you are handling sharp steel coming off of hydraulic presses continuously. Some unscrupulous operators will not shut down the machine to give you a chance to change your safety equipment (special gloves for handling sharp, burred steel stampings) Very heavy work for little pay. You can do better than F and P!!
Pros
Uniforms provided, good supervisor
Cons
Heavy work for low pay, some unscrupulous co-workers
Horrible place to work
Labour Worker (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON23 September 2016
Stay away from this industry. They dont care of there employees. They always hire through hiring company and temps treated like shitt.. People are rude and racist. Everything is lie about what they promise. No permanent hiring after 500 hours. No benefits through out 1st year. No stat pay for temps. And if you miss a day, good bye to be hired permanently. As a temp, if you miss a day, your department will try to kick you out to some other department. Horrible horrible horrible place to work
Pros
Cafeteria
Good people
Automotive Production Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON3 March 2015
Enjoyed the job, the people. Hardest part of the job was being a Temporary worker so nothing long term or stable. I worked on a press making bearings.
Pros
People
Cons
Pay
Hard but satisfying work
Welder / General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON11 November 2014
Once you get use to factory and the ins and outs of the day it becomes very home. not a big factory with a homey vibe. I learn how to weld and work metal. I was working with younger co-workers 20-30s. Manual Labour is manual labour but if you fit and will its not as bad as made out to be and can become quite enjoyable.
Stay away
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON4 December 2013
They do not stand behind their employees - temps seem to come first! And NOT all employees are treated equal!
Ok Production Environment
(Mechanical Assembler), CO-OP Student (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON10 October 2013
No opportunities for advancement. Lot of problems in the company.
Not so good experience working in the company
Pros
Food
Cons
No opportunities to advance or excel in the company
Line Worker
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON9 November 2012
F&P is a factory job. You build parts for honda everyday. I also learned how to deal with people around me and shift work.
F&P Mfg. was a hard core manufacturing full of robots
Info. Sys. Dept. Administrator / Developer (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON5 November 2012
The equipment that were at the disposal of IT people was great and we had the opportunity to make sense of IT production environment and sense the pressure involved for the need for reliable accurate information. I managed to actually work with most theories that I had learnt. The environment was extremely noisy and polluted. It was hard to concentrate on developing computer programs, but we did make a lot of useful programs and provided the required information that the management needed for their decision making.
Pros
type of work
Cons
environment of the work
Unhealthy environment but good people
Info. Sys. Dept. IT Administrator/Developer (Former Employee) –  Tottenham, ON5 November 2012
Manufacturing environment was constantly busy. It was very noisy and the air was polluted. IT work was very interesting but hard to concentrate because of environment. I was a developer and needed deep focusing on the code, but the environment made it rather difficult. I completed what I wanted to achieve and that was to make easy access possible for all departments to get their information for decision making, something that was partly or not at all possible for some decision makers.
Pros
computer equipments
Cons
should have been in a different building