F&M Installations Ltd.

F&M Installations Ltd. Employee Reviews

Awesome company, long term employment opportunities, highly motivated team environment

Best employer I have ever worked for hands down. Family owned and operated, very successful. Everyone plays an important role from the bottom up in keeping day to day operations running smoothly. Do your part to keep the wheels turning and be rewarded with the respect and compensation you deserve. They truly care about safe work practices and have daily and weekly safety meetings with safety procedures written for every task you could possibly injure yourself doing. I have seen more of western Canada by plane and driving than ever imagined Plenty of opportunities for advancement

Pros

Company BBQ’s, flights all across western Canada, benefits, pay

Cons

Substation work sometimes requires 2 week shifts out of town

Great Place to work

Collaborative & fast-paced work environment with a family feel to it. Great benefits. If you are a self starter and willing to give your best, this is the place for you.

productive fun workplace with good labour relations.

Strong committment to safety , quality and productivity. Respectful work place with plenty of opportunities for women in non traditional roles. Employees are highly valued. Strong robust mature work practices,open minded to best practices.

The good people at FMI are what make working for this company a pleasant experience. As an older employee, I enjoy working side-by-side with younger, innovative and motivated workers. The workplace culture is positive, supportive, collaborative and in some ways, a family-type environment. I am the corporate health & safety professional, and I am encouraged by the support I have received in helping create a safe work culture based on personal values and beliefs. With few exceptions, everyone in the company - particularly within the leadership group - has embraced the importance of incorporating worker safety and health into every day business decisions. Worker safety has simply become 'just the way we do things around here.' Yes, there is always room for improvement. But leading and lagging metrics clearly illustrate that FMI is on the right track to becoming a leader in the industrial high voltage electrical construction industry.

great company

One of the best places I've worked. Great leadership and great atmosphere. Would work with them again in the future. Camp work mostly. Rides to and from camp to site and respect emplooyees, and take care of thier guys.

Disorganized

If you're not a family/friend of a big boss at FMI you are stomped on and treated in a very replaceable manner. No true safety personnel or regard for coworkers. The supervisors will ignore concerns and blame you any time something.goes wrong. There is 0 accountability

Official response from F&M Installations Ltd.

5 February 2020
Thank you for taking your time to write a review. Although the feedback we receive is generally positive, we are sorry to hear about your personal experience. We value all employee feedback (present and past employees), and invite you to confidentially message us at fmi@fminstallations.ca so we can better understand the issues you experienced during your employment with us.

Great place to work.

Busy, professional company, with a great innovative team, collaborating from top to bottom. Wonderful caring people to work for! With great opportunities for growth in many directions, always learning new things.

Pros

If you have to be away from home for 8hr/day this is a great place to do it!

Innovative and Entrepreneurial Company

My work is highly varied, and there is always a new program or strategy to work on. The company listens to ideas from employees and allows the creativity to flow. The workplace culture is uplifting and fun, and the company values employees' contributions. The hardest part of the job is finding out about employee personal issues and problems. The most enjoyable part of the job is being part of a talented team and driving forward human resources solutions that help make the workday for employees more enjoyable! The management team cares about employees as individuals and is invested in their success.

Pros

The company has an enviable extended health and benefits plan, birthday celebrations, healthy snack program, company barbeques, great management team.

Cons

I can't think of any!

Great Safety Culture

Fun bunch of people to work with, with an amazing safety culture and ability to stay ahead of the game. Work is all over western Canada, so you can get to see some pretty remote beautiful locations

Company might be ok but I only experienced one superintendent, he wasnt very good

Enjoyed learning new skills on a new project for me a Switchyard. Mostly outdoor work until the end of the job. Management was clueless to electrical knowlegde. Good foreman otherwise I would have walked off the job long time ago.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at F&M Installations Ltd.?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at F&M Installations Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement