EY Employee Review

Fun and fast-paced environment where there is lots to learn and lots of great people to learn from
FSO Tax Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CA15 November 2013
A typical day at work includes catching up on daily tax email to stay current with tax news, finishing up an assignment given to me by my senior on the engagement I'm on and then proceeding to my next task or reaching out to other team members to help out on their engagements. The biggest thing I learned on the job is how to work with many different people and that people have different teaching and working styles, but in the end, we all want the same thing: a complete, accurate and awesome deliverable that will make our client happy. The hardest part of the job is definitely trying to maintain a work-life balance, most specifically during busy seasons, when deadlines are imminent but work is never-ending. The most enjoyable parts of the job are twofold: my co-workers liven the atmosphere at work, when we have to stay late or at after-work socials where we have time to bond a bit, and they are some of the brightest people I know; and there is always so much to learn, from getting a handle on the new technology, to understanding new tax concepts and the reasoning behind why we treat certain items the way we do, according to the code or to our company's interpretation of the issue--so I am never bored on the job.

Other EY Employee Reviews

Good learning environment
Audit Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Depends on clients14 April 2018
Managers are patient, seniors are generally friendly. All you need is just initiative. Show that you want to learn. Don't wait for work to come. But, ask for work. There are certainly many rooms of opportunity in EY environment.
Pros
Peak period refreshment
Recruit smart, don't know to retain
Consultant, Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2018
Recruit smart, but don't know how to retain their talent. Horrible turnover rate and no work life balance. Nonetheless, if you want care about "brand" this is place for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K