EY

Canada231 reviews

Found 231 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,262 reviews

Insights into EY

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Energizing work tasks

Career Growth in admin dept is not as valued as much as client roles

If you're in admin roles, expect slower career progression than client roles. There's minimal flexibility to switch roles from admin to client.Overall comp is okay, yearly increase is at minWork is manageable in admin, not for client roles

Lots of office politics - poor management

Overall, I would say you need to step on your colleagues to go up. Management only cares about their project margin rate. Also the management is quite poor and they don't have the right technical skills. People being promoted based on their ability to run the show. Training is quite bad or none existent

Pros

Nothing comes to mind

Typique B4

Bonnes opportunités de développement. Environnement compétitif.

Good environment, a lot to learnCooperative managementgreat work culture

Leadership cares about employees. Progressive culture that is creating safe spaces for positive advancement and ensuring the mission is fun. Have never worked at a place where I feel like I am making a difference. Would recommend

Good environment, a lot to learn

Good environment, a lot to learnCooperative managementgreat work culturegood paygood benefitsquality of work is goodsometimes environment is stressful

Great workplace

Amazing work experience and great leadership with high quality services provided to our clients. I really enjoyed the work at EY Halifax office with the great center of excellence leaders.

Intense enviornment

typical big 4 environment, very fast pace and competitive. It provides great exit opportunities despite all the downsides. Still a good place to start the career

Do not join if you are well experienced

My experience at EY is very bad They try to promote interns and give opportunities to jnterns a lot and never look ay clients requirement neither at the experience resource suggestionLots of favouritism no value to talentNo work life balanceVery poor Management

Pros

Salry

Cons

Everything else

Everything great! I love this company

Best among Big4. Great company and lots of opportunities to grow. Supportive leadership and plenty of resources to get help from. Consulting is different than industry so WLB is something that comes down to individuals' time management.

productive and fun

working here is really fun. I get to do what I want and come in when I want to. the manager is a great guy and as long as you do the work by the end of the day, there are no issues.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

One of my favourite companies

This was perhaps my favourite company but I do have to admit, it was mainly because of the colleagues, which could depend a lot floor to floor. But overall yeah I really liked it.

Attorneys are like doormats

Poor management can't hire enough people to handle the work load. We don't give a squat about immigration clients because of that. Clerks are doing attorneys work and that is a recipe for failure

Pros

Cons

too much boring work and no growth

Great culture

Great learning culture, overall good work life balance, even more when considering it is one of the big 4. I worked for other consultings and used to be much more stressed with amount of work and having to achieve very agressive target goals.

Not the best place to work

My job seems to have a constant turn-around. It's difficult to keep employees in the role because of some people in leadership. The firm is inclusive. They do talk a good game about not discriminating against people with mental illness but in reality will seek to terminate you. The support staff are treated as second class. Some senior staff were demanding and lacked empathy.

Pros

Pay, benefits, perks, a lot of good people

Cons

Demanding, arrogant leadership on my department.

US Immigration Attorney at EY Law LLP

I would be very weary of joining this firm. Poor compensation compared to smaller US firms. Toxic work environment. Disorganized environment. Horrible IT, whose problems are blamed on the Attorneys. Shoddy expense reimbursements that you have to fight tooth and nail for. Poor management who doesn't have a clue. No real future with competing US Immigration firms upgrading their client management software and providing far better service. Avoid this, especially if you have to move.

Pros

Nice building

Cons

Management, Toxic Work environment, Misrepresentation on work, no real growth

Amazing place to work..!

It has been one of the best companies, I have worked for. Great leadership and very supportive. I worked as Sr. Consultant in Intelligent Automation practice. Highly recommended.

Good on entry level, bad for long term

The growth at a manager position here from manager to senior manager is 4 years. So you are going to be stuck at a Manager level. Since I joined in Audit, there is no work life balance from Jan - March. Basically you are slogging 12-14 hours everyday

Great firm to start your professional career

The culture in the audit group supports learning and development, and you work with strong professionals and teams. The nature of the audit practice does make it stressful due to varying project deadlines, timelines, and the increasingly expanding assurance requirements but the firm has been taking positive steps in order to reduce the overtime burden during the busier periods, but staff turnover remains a challenge.

Pros

Flexibility, opportunities, team culture, training, network of professionals and resources

Cons

Unpaid overtime, conflicting time and client pressures, work/life balance challenges

Amazing culture

Great work culture, relaxed environment and friendly teammates. The Covid-19 response has been amazing as well. However, there’s a constant pressure to keep billable hours high.

save yourself that misery

if you like being overworked, disrespected and not compensated for your effort, that's the right place for you.

Cons

no work life balance, they can fire you whenever they want

Great workplace

EY was a great workplace to start my accounting career. The culture and people made me particularly enjoy my time there. They promoted an environment focused on the growth of individuals either through mentorship, coaching or on the job training.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement