EY

EY Employee Reviews

Great learning culture, overall good work life balance, even more when considering it is one of the big 4. I worked for other consultings and used to be much more stressed with amount of work and having to achieve very agressive target goals.
My job seems to have a constant turn-around. It's difficult to keep employees in the role because of some people in leadership. The firm is inclusive. They do talk a good game about not discriminating against people with mental illness but in reality will seek to terminate you. The support staff are treated as second class. Some senior staff were demanding and lacked empathy.
Pros
Pay, benefits, perks, a lot of good people
Cons
Demanding, arrogant leadership on my department.
I would be very weary of joining this firm. Poor compensation compared to smaller US firms. Toxic work environment. Disorganized environment. Horrible IT, whose problems are blamed on the Attorneys. Shoddy expense reimbursements that you have to fight tooth and nail for. Poor management who doesn't have a clue. No real future with competing US Immigration firms upgrading their client management software and providing far better service. Avoid this, especially if you have to move.
Pros
Nice building
Cons
Management, Toxic Work environment, Misrepresentation on work, no real growth
It has been one of the best companies, I have worked for. Great leadership and very supportive. I worked as Sr. Consultant in Intelligent Automation practice. Highly recommended.
The growth at a manager position here from manager to senior manager is 4 years. So you are going to be stuck at a Manager level. Since I joined in Audit, there is no work life balance from Jan - March. Basically you are slogging 12-14 hours everyday
The culture in the audit group supports learning and development, and you work with strong professionals and teams. The nature of the audit practice does make it stressful due to varying project deadlines, timelines, and the increasingly expanding assurance requirements but the firm has been taking positive steps in order to reduce the overtime burden during the busier periods, but staff turnover remains a challenge.
Pros
Flexibility, opportunities, team culture, training, network of professionals and resources
Cons
Unpaid overtime, conflicting time and client pressures, work/life balance challenges
Great work culture, relaxed environment and friendly teammates. The Covid-19 response has been amazing as well. However, there’s a constant pressure to keep billable hours high.
if you like being overworked, disrespected and not compensated for your effort, that's the right place for you.
Cons
no work life balance, they can fire you whenever they want
EY was a great workplace to start my accounting career. The culture and people made me particularly enjoy my time there. They promoted an environment focused on the growth of individuals either through mentorship, coaching or on the job training.
I joined EY Centre in 2017 and worked both the parking shift and Coat check. Amazing place to work at, professional staff and all my managers are great, polite, professional and always there to help.
The culture of this company was very shady, however with this being said I was able to learn emergency repair technique on various systems mainly because service was refused from various trades. The experience was invaluable in my opinion and I do not regret working here.
They do not pay for performance. Management would say one thing but do another. I suggest communicating by email so you have everything in writing. Document everything.
EY is a wonderful place to work. An employee is given a lot of importance and opportunities of growth. I would love to work there again if given an opportunity.
No constructive feedback to supply. I had no issues whatsoever when I worked there. I had a great team, great manager, and would have no problem working there again.
Very good management. Extremely good working culture. Opportunities to work across across North America. Quite stable job and promotes entrepreneurship.
EY is a good company to start a career for accounting student. You will get to learn a lot at your daily work. However, the hardest part of the job is the lack of work/life balance.
Sales KPI, utilization KPI, and relationships are important to grow within the firm. Advancement driven primarily by business need. Personal branding will also help build a practice at EY
Truly enabled workforce of the future. Collaborative style of working full of possibilities. There is a very positive vibe where everyone around you is genuinely interested in doing a great job
It is a fast paced company and people work really hard. The company does try to make the environment fun. The staff are great for the most part. There is some flexibility to work from home.
Great place to work at , easy to move within the company , easy to network , very professional atmosphere, very collaborative and you are fairly recognised for your skills and achievements
Great company but direct management lacks basic leadership; Political messy in many places; Leadership lacks knowledge on technology; Work place security to be enhanced;
  1. Employee reviews