EY Employee Reviews

One of the Big 4 Audit firms
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pakistan31 July 2018
Ernst & Young Ford Rhodes Sidat Hyder is one of the world’s oldest and highest ranking firms of Chartered Accountants and Management Consultants and which is ranked among the top 10 global accounting networks in the world.

I worked as an internee in ITRA (Information Technology Risk Assurance) Department over various array of assurance and other assignments.
Free coffee and tea, good benefits, flexible working hours, promotes diversity, advanced technology
Accounts Payable Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 July 2018
I had a good memorable experience with EY and proud that I was given an opportunity to work in one of the big 4 firm. It promotes diversity and equal opportunity to everyone.
Pros
Free coffee, tea and soup, flexible hours, good benefits
Challenging and productive with new opportunities
Engagement Auditor (Senior) (Former Employee) –  Pakistan14 July 2018
1) Day at my first work

I am always excited when it comes to undertake new tasks and assignments and when i am at work every day has its own challenges with lots of learning.

2)What i learned

There won't be no doubt if i say my first employer helped me a lot in making me a good professional.The organization taught me how to handle work pressures.

3)Hardest part of the Job

Currently i am working in a reputable organization where i deal with day to day tax matters.Its always become challenging and hard if a vendor challenges the practice that you follow relating to tax compliance.But nonetheless it teaches me a lot.

4)Most Enjoyable part of the Job

When you get notification that your salary has been credited.Apart from this for me if something challenging is assigned to me and i get this done right nothing can be more satisfying.
Pros
Outstations, free allowances, training courses.
Cons
Late sittings, hassle of driving for hours.
Good for learning
Staff (Current Employee) –  Canada2 July 2018
Good for learning as your first job. Will get to work on a variety of different projects. Good for self-growth. May require long working hours. Overall a good place.
Hated it
Client Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2018
I felt like a number here, and was terribly underpaid for the amount of work I was doing. The administrative staff are treated like replaceable pieces of furniture. Mundane and cold atmosphere.
Discipline
Traductrice (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 June 2018
Sévérité, discipline, peu souple et très exigeant, mais très formateur.
Pros
bon apprentissage du domaine de la finance et de la comptabilité
Cons
gestion punitive
good benefits but low salary and not accommodating job to maintain a life work balance
financial management assocate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 May 2018
throughout the day i used to meet with partners and senior managers
I also spent time with other colleagues working on same project as mine.

the hardest part is that we are evaluated on other people's work.
Empresa fucionada
Pasante area de Contabilidad (Former Employee) –  St Johns23 May 2018
Excelente paquete anual de empresa petrolera, buen ambiente de trabajo
Unfriendly team, not open to change
Senior Consultant - Global Immigration (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 May 2018
Typical day in the office, was to work solo with no interaction from other members of the team. Each team member would work in silo and converse over email rather than face to face (even though we mostly sat on the same floor).

Management did not understand the team struggles, nor listen to ways to improve the team and processes.
Pros
Easy walk to work
Cons
No team
It is a hellhole.
Senior Tax Executive (Current Employee) –  Sindh6 May 2018
The culture at the firm is discouraging and authoritarian. The management does not harness you best abilities and try to demotivate you at every possible corner.

They are milking the name of a BIG 4, where they demand a lot from you and provide nothing in return. Its heart wrenching.
Pros
The name of EY
Cons
To many to mention
Good learning environment
Audit Associate Intern (Former Employee) –  Depends on clients14 April 2018
Managers are patient, seniors are generally friendly. All you need is just initiative. Show that you want to learn. Don't wait for work to come. But, ask for work. There are certainly many rooms of opportunity in EY environment.
Pros
Peak period refreshment
Hard Work Good People
Assurance Practice (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC9 April 2018
EY is a great company but the Vancouver office has a mediocre culture. There are plenty of events. Generally the managers are good. Staff work hard. Long hours.
Best Office
Senior Associate, Assurance Practice (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 April 2018
This is the best place to work. Hard work and long hours but it is fun and social and has a great work culture. I had to leave to move back home but I would have worked here forever.
Recruit smart, don't know to retain
Consultant, Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2018
Recruit smart, but don't know how to retain their talent. Horrible turnover rate and no work life balance. Nonetheless, if you want care about "brand" this is place for you.
Great Job work / Life Balance
Senior Consultant - Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
A great place to start your career. Offers excellent support for writing CPA exam and great training opportunities.Offers opportunities to travel and experience corporate and work cultures for companies in different sectors.
Pros
Great Job work / Life Balance
Cons
Relatively slow career advancement
Experienced hires not well handled
MANAGER, STRATEGY SERVICES (CONTRACT) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
This is a very big company who hasn't figured out how to harness the value of experienced hires. Although it is meant to be a collaborative and feedback oriented culture, I did not find this. "Collaboration" is not the same as "divide and conquer"! There is a lot of arrogance and talking about your importance vs really focusing on what the client needs.
Pros
Interesting projects; diverse clients
Cons
Long grueling hours; unclear work description
Great work environment and experience
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2018
Having completed three separate co-ops at EY, I have gained significant experience and knowledge that will provide substantial benefits during my career.
Good learnig, work-life balance and not a pay master
Analyst Transaction Advisory Services (Current Employee) –  New Delhi6 March 2018
Good place to learn fundamentals of finance.
Mostly fixed hours
Management is considerate towards employees
Should not spend a very long time as it may hamper growth.
Ey
Senior Tax Advisor (Former Employee) –  British Columbia13 February 2018
The motto "work hard; play hard" is probably something uttered only by liars. High turnover may be a trouble reality, but it's also the business model!
An essential part of any professional's business education and experience
Business Risk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kuwait31 January 2018
Big Four firms are known for the tough working environment and the lack of work life balance but EY in my opinion is the most advanced out of all the Big 4 in terms of producing well-rounded professionals who can work under pressure and produce great quality work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at EY. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K