ExxonMobil
Coronavirus update
Information from ExxonMobil:

ExxonMobil Management reviews

Canada169 reviews
It was a good place to work.
Management very helpful and knowledgeable. Some days were stressful because the type of calls we received but it was part of the job.
For many years this was one of the best places to work in Moncton. Culture changed once US operations took over. Decisions that make no sense, work place bullying from both staff and management. Management loves the conflict and encourages it. Also most managers completely unqualified to be in management roles, the meanest ones do very well here. Lots of gossiping and very unprofessional behaviour.
They through me a lot of responsibilities and did not communicate their expectations. There is a bad environment in regards to employees and there is a lot of favoritism.
Management is not very supportive and tends to have their favorites. Continue to have more work being outsourced and not a feeling of stability. They have good benefits and the amount of time off is great.
Enjoyable work place. Great workplace culture. Great management. Interesting work. Fast pace. Challenging. Open to new ideas & ways of improving processes & procedures.
Typical day at work - Run reports, make sure that your clients are happy, attend to their inquiries and needs. Relax.

What I learned - Safety comes first, everything follows.

Management - I can only speak for my immediate managers, I can say that they are easy, supportive and will help you reach your full potential.

Workplace culture - positive vibes, everyone helps everybody

Hardest part of the job - Clients asking for the impossible lols

Most enjoyable part of the job - perks, perks and some more perks

Salary may not be the best but the benefits and the overall atmosphere makes me feel so blessed to be a part of this company.
Pros
Benefits, time off, work life balance
Cons
Not really cons but could do better in terms of base salary
Good Work Environment and Culture.
Great people, conservative management style.
World Class Company

Not cutting edge due to size.

Process driven so expect red tape.
Great stepping stone. Unfortunately upper management were poorly organized making it different to pursue a career with Exon. I would not suggest Exxon and or this position as a starting point for young people.
Great onboarding.
Typical day was spent managing a roster of companies for receivables. Addressing any fire that would have blocked a payment from being collected on time.

Coordinating between outside and inside clients to achieve goals.

Learned to think on the spot and refined problem solving skills.
Management was strained at the time as the company was moving 1000 jobs to Bengalore at the time. Management (as well as regular bodies) was spread thin and overworked. This was the hardest par tof the job; seeing the amount of bodies go down with no replacement, so our workload would steadily go up. Also, we were never hired full time (as promised) because of a hire freeze that was announced 2 weeks into our training. Working hard with no chance of getting on the real roster, no paid vacation, no benefits I would say is the hardest.

The best part was the team. Hard times makes for a tight crew.
Pros
free coffee, amazing ergo and safety features.
Cons
Low employee count, Hire freeze
While the company is a top employer world wide. The EMBSCC is on the downhill. We provided support services quite well but cost is a bigger concern to them so jobs are being removed and transferred to sweat shops in India and other parts of the world where they have more exploitable work force. There is a reason people are called human resources. Resources are to be used up then discarded.
Contractors have a term limit
Too many procedures and policy

Too many meeting

By the book, limiting productivity

Hardest part of your job is dependent on other people.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
W3 style of office. No permant office or cubicle. First come frist serve
Great professional company to work with. Lots of challenges and problem solving required. Good management system. Very stimulating work environment. Many opportunities for learning new procedures
1.ExxonMobil provides internal learning through online courses,and training.
Management is always fair
3.Great time off
4.Bottom -line driven

5.Great recongition program

6.Internal promotions
I currently work here as a contractor and would love to be in a permanent role as a staff of the company. The staff and management are great. The workplace is conducive for day-to-day operations.The management is very innovative.
Very disorganized operation with little to no direction. Imperial oil is a very one sided company who values favouritism And bowing down to the management on their sites in order to keep you position no matter what you are. I spent many years on imperial oil sites but their Canadian operations (Fort McMurray) I would rate absolutely about a 2 out of 10.
Pros
Nice site, nice camp, a lot of great people/ workers
Cons
Absolutely bad management
- Excellent company to work for
- Great salary

- Great career opportunities

- Management was always supportive of their staff
- Great work/life balance
Great company culture that respect and uphold safety standards, environment protection as well as local practices. Leadership by example and care about the staff despite a challenging working environment.
Typical day at work is filled with a good balance of laughter and hard work. I learn something new every day. Management supports me daily. The building is full of diversity and it's fantastic. The hardest part of the job and keeping up with the workload but it's doable. I love my colleagues.
Pros
the people
Cons
every rose has it's thorns
. a typical day at work , for me started at 5 am and ended at 5 pm
. what i learned is that everyday was a challenge

management, lack of communication
. workplace culture, Safety
. the hardest part of my job, roles and responsibility trying to do a job and can not do the job because of lack of communication

. the most enjoyable part of my job, I felted i had security as long as i did my job and i felted i did my job good. a challenge everyday and go home where everyone went home the same way they came in.

I performed JSEA's, conducted safety meeting, did over 30 to 40 cutovers of equipment without a refinery upset, I have covered civil, mechanical electrical an instrument work, I am a jack of all trades but a master of none. over my 30 year span i have missed only one week of work for being sick, i am a person the company and count on to being there when needed.
Pros
extend lunch
Cons
long hours no compinsation
I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with.
I would be happy to go back there again should another contract position become available.

The capital organization would benefit from more cohesive project management procedures. I believe these were in the works but not available to contract employees leaving us guessing at times on what the protocols were to do our jobs.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Frequent changes in management created a stressful at times environment
Good management. regularly on time payment, and no workload. over here i learned to deal with different customer in efficient manner. customer satisfaction and adopted a leadership skill.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
no more challenging