ExxonMobil

ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Found 177 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,443 reviews

Great place to learn but not to stay

Experience with this company started promising because they offered a lot of growing opportunities. At the end work only increased, salaries stayed the same, and all employees were forced to resign and accept the same job with a foreign company. Total disappointment and lack of honesty.

Pros

Benefits plan

Cons

Crazy schedules

Excellent place to work

Excellent benefits, work life balance, you can grow and change positions fast.The time that I worked there I loved it. Thought I was going to WORK there for the rest of my life. They are still a company about the money it’s a shame they fired everyone to cut costs. Covid affected them hard.

Pros

Excellent benefits, work life balance, events, rewards.

Cons

They fired us

A robot job, not a career

"Raises are performance-based" they said."Do your job well and you'll go far" they said."Your ranking is up to you" they said.You're a robot, not a value employee. People who do the bare minimum everyday and people who bust their butts everyday are treated exactly the same.Want to try a different job within the company? Forget it.On the verge of a breakdown and need help? Nobody cares.This department is a sinking ship, just like the other department was.

Pros

No dress code

Cons

Favoritism, low salary, high stress, if you slip you're fired

No compensation or advancement opportunity

Not a good place to work as they constantly try to squeeze blood out of rocks. No advancement or opportunities. Bot a career….this is definitely a short term job, a place to get experience on your resume.The good: pension, dental & medicalThe bad: poor ranking system, biases towards friends which creates a cut-throat environment and therefore sabotages team spirit. Employees are not appreciated by management. Raises are only for the top few (usually the same people that happen to be friends with managers.

Pros

Pension (for now), dental and benefits; flexibility (if your supervisor likes you)

Cons

See long list above. A job, not a career

Old school management style

Highly inneficient processes. A lot of repetitive and not fun tasks. Eventhough they claim to welcome new ideas there is too much burocracy. Unnecesary middle management roles competing to justify they are truly needed and adding excessive layers of authority accomplishing quite often very little or nothing

Pros

Benefits and vacations

Cons

No interest in retaining talent, make employees feel disposables, lack of tranperency

Cool at Corporate Challenge time

Fun place to work, but very hierarchical in terms of education.The design work was very challenging and interacting with the team. After my supervision got changed it was not as much fun.

Pros

Lots of free lunches

Cons

Engineering Hierarchy

interesting job

Great friendly environment. Very comfortable. You should be carefully with your security badge. If you lost one to get new one is some headache.Got great international experience with sub dairies around the world.

Pros

Working places

Cons

Outdoor parking

Good corporation to work for.

Good corporation to work for. Good salary and great work environment. Excellent benefits. Safe and healthy culture. The Moncton offices are conveniently located.

Great for Career starters

It was quite an exciting journey with a couple of ups and downs. The culture is relaxed with a focus on customer experience. Ultimately, you need to know who you are and what you stand for to work in this environment

Productive and fun place to work..

It was a good place to work. Management very helpful and knowledgeable. Some days were stressful because the type of calls we received but it was part of the job.

Jobs at ExxonMobil

See more jobs

More toxic than the products they produce

For many years this was one of the best places to work in Moncton. Culture changed once US operations took over. Decisions that make no sense, work place bullying from both staff and management. Management loves the conflict and encourages it. Also most managers completely unqualified to be in management roles, the meanest ones do very well here. Lots of gossiping and very unprofessional behaviour.

I only left because I was moving

This place was very well run, clean and the owner was always available if you needed anything. He sold the place around the same time as when I left though so I can't speak for the new owner. When I worked there I enjoyed the job and I liked my boss and I got paid over minimum wage.

Pros

Paid a bit more than minimum wage

Cons

Can be boring, working alone

Bad manager

I was working on a contract and they terminated my contract during this global pandemic indicating I had poor performance compared to other agents. I was working half days with an almost 2 year old at home because of daycares were closed and my husband is an essential employee. The hiring company were very frustrated with the company manager and said they had no rights of termination of my contract. Thank

N/a

Nothing to say, It's a call center at the end! work culture is great. However, the majority of employees lack lots of experience though they all pride working for more than 10 years with the company. Experience gained in within a bubble. at the end it's a call centre !!

Great Opportunity

Great cooperation, training, mentoring and opportunities. Builds on your strengths and experiences. A family atmosphere ensuring personally attitude towards problem solving and mediation.

no comment

no comment. There is a separation not only between Career Employees and Contractors but even amount the management Team. They do not appear to all have the same goal. Makes for a chaotic and stressful environment.

Lack of comunication

They through me a lot of responsibilities and did not communicate their expectations. There is a bad environment in regards to employees and there is a lot of favoritism.

Management is not very supportive and tends to have their favorites. Continue to have more work being outsourced and not a feeling of stability. They have good benefits and the amount of time off is great.

Fast pace; dynamic; good work culture

Enjoyable work place. Great workplace culture. Great management. Interesting work. Fast pace. Challenging. Open to new ideas & ways of improving processes & procedures.

Great company

Loved working for Exxon treated everyone with respect. You did not feel Luke a number you felt like a someone they cared about. They were all about training u to move ahead in the business. They love for people to succeed.

OK place to work

ok place to work. Nice environment and friendly people. global feel. This office environment drive functional excellence in every person. Plenty of opportunity to have a varied feed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExxonMobil. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.8K