ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Found 131 reviews matching the search See all 2,964 reviews
N/a
Onshore Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  NS7 March 2019
Great place to work, great people just a shame the project came to the end of its productive field life. Had the opportunity to try out several drifferent roles and experience different aspects of the oil and gas business.
Pros
Good remuneration and benefits package
Cons
Manager support and capability varies considerably
Big Company with a great culture and attention to safety
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 February 2019
Great onboarding.
Typical day was spent managing a roster of companies for receivables. Addressing any fire that would have blocked a payment from being collected on time.
Coordinating between outside and inside clients to achieve goals.

Learned to think on the spot and refined problem solving skills. Management was strained at the time as the company was moving 1000 jobs to Bengalore at the time. Management (as well as regular bodies) was spread thin and overworked. This was the hardest par tof the job; seeing the amount of bodies go down with no replacement, so our workload would steadily go up. Also, we were never hired full time (as promised) because of a hire freeze that was announced 2 weeks into our training. Working hard with no chance of getting on the real roster, no paid vacation, no benefits I would say is the hardest.

The best part was the team. Hard times makes for a tight crew.
Pros
free coffee, amazing ergo and safety features.
Cons
Low employee count, Hire freeze
Scarce work, intimidating job culture, good pay.
Instrumentation and Controls Team (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL18 February 2019
I was never expected to work before or after hours, although I frequently heard tell of employees/friends that were expected to work outside their hours with no overtime compensation. Good work when it was available. Felt like I couldn't bring up issues on the job. Good pay
Productive and a fun place to work
Rail Shipment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  NB14 February 2019
it is a fun place to work and depending on your shift you get days off. it also promotes work life balance and they are very big on safety.you also get quite a number of gift cards
Need to be politically astute to be successful in this company
Product Quality Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 January 2019
Need to be politically astute to be successful in this company. Hard to make a change. Too much focus on analysis that cripples the decision making. Company recognizes this problem and is working towards empowering people to make decisions.
Pros
Great pay and compensation
Cons
Bureaucracy could be frustrating
productive
Helipad dispatcher (Former Employee) –  ibeno10 December 2018
everybody are treated as equals, discrimination is not accepted and the superiors are really understanding which brings productivity. an ideal company to work for
Pros
free lunch
Very focused and skilled team with high standards and excellent student support program
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL3 December 2018
This was by most enjoyable and educational work term. The cross asset team handles a diverse and continually changing series of projects. An excellent company if you have an interest in harsh environment offshore facilities.
Fun Work place but with a contractual agreement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 December 2018
I was placed with Kelly Services with Exxon Mobil which was a wonderful place to work - great people,great workplace and a positive atmosphere at work.

The only issue was the job was contractual with no job security. I miss working with Exxon as it has given me one of the most vital things in life - Optimism to live life to the fullest.
Pros
Great work environment, wonderful work culture, positive people
Cons
Contractual job, job insecurity
Fast Paced
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 November 2018
While the company is a top employer world wide. The EMBSCC is on the downhill. We provided support services quite well but cost is a bigger concern to them so jobs are being removed and transferred to sweat shops in India and other parts of the world where they have more exploitable work force. There is a reason people are called human resources. Resources are to be used up then discarded.
Fun place to work and losts of exposure
IT Infrastructure Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 November 2018
Contractors have a term limit
Too many procedures and policy
Too many meeting
By the book, limiting productivity
Hardest part of your job is dependent on other people.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
W3 style of office. No permant office or cubicle. First come frist serve
Excellent
Sourcing Manager/Materials Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 November 2018
Great Company, Excellent people to work with. They believe in work/life balance. I have worked with them at various locations through out my career as a hatted contractor.
Standard high-performance office environment.
Executions Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 November 2018
Work was engaging and challenging, and I felt I had a strong network of colleagues to help me though any challenges I came across. Time there was short, but no real complaints.
Fun contract work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 November 2018
I have been there for about 2 years, but my time at ExxonMobil was fun. However, when you're a contractor, and you know there's no advancements, it's not motivating.
Pros
Monday to Friday
Cons
No Future
Great company to work with.
Drilling and Completions Engineering Advisor (Former Employee) –  st.john's newfoundland3 November 2018
Great professional company to work with. Lots of challenges and problem solving required. Good management system. Very stimulating work environment. Many opportunities for learning new procedures
Productive , fun place to work. They value their employees.
Marine transportation (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 November 2018
1.ExxonMobil provides internal learning through online courses,and training.
2.Management is always fair
3.Great time off
4.Bottom -line driven
5.Great recongition program
6.Internal promotions
Well Managed company
Sr. Siebel / OBIEE consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Enjoyed work culture, colleagues and team work. It was a privilege to work at Exxon. The company takes care of the employee very well. The work ethics are much appreciated.
Pros
Well managed company
Best company in to develop and work in
Packaging & Empties Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Egypt7 October 2018
Huge company, career stability , people development ,oversees all business, industry and legal perspectives in most of job rules. Very high competition.
Pros
Managment, people, health insurance, personnel and functional development
Cons
many horizontal career moves
Best place I ever worked at.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 October 2018
This is how businesses should be run. Making sure that the employees are safe and also well treated. The people are great to work with. Several of my immediate supervisors showed real concern for my work environment and the home environment (without being intrusive). The training is very well thought out, considering how much there is to learn. If you get hired there, consider yourself lucky. It's like winning the loto.
Pros
Salary and benefits.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Customer Service Dedicated Professional (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 September 2018
I currently work here as a contractor and would love to be in a permanent role as a staff of the company. The staff and management are great. The workplace is conducive for day-to-day operations.The management is very innovative.
Its good env to work
Sr. Oracle EBS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2018
its good company and environment to work. People are great and company cares for the employees. Offers good training and good package to work there and good vacations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExxonMobil. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K