ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Gret place to work except the e&I foreman is horrible
Instrument Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt/Fox Creek5 July 2018
Absolutely loved working there, until a new foreman was hired and he ruined the atmosphere! He was more concerned about his hair than the plant. Pretty sure he's never worked a day in his life.
Pros
Everything you'd want in a job
Cons
E&I foreman
A serious company to work for. Attention is paid to the employee/contractor ergonomics and safety in the workplace.
Project Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2018
A great company to work for. Work / life balance is very important to the company. Safety is number one and is instilled on a daily basis. Ergonomics in the workplace is very important also and no money is spared providing the worker with the proper tools to maintain health.
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB22 May 2018
Answering and transferring calls to the appropreate field, maintaining a safe work program, inputting data from hazard identification reports into a spread sheet. Best part of the job was the people i worked with. Hardest part on me was the travel to the office, was a long drive.
Busy productive challenging with excellent focus on safety
Shutdown Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB11 May 2018
Excellent company to work for with safety as top priority
Excellent program to grow peoples careers especially in engineering feild
Excellent compensation and benefits package
Pros
Excellent safety
Cons
Nothing negative to say
My Review
Level 5 Electrician / Front Line E/I Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, ON28 April 2018
. a typical day at work , for me started at 5 am and ended at 5 pm
. what i learned is that everyday was a challenge
. management, lack of communication
. workplace culture, Safety
. the hardest part of my job, roles and responsibility trying to do a job and can not do the job because of lack of communication
. the most enjoyable part of my job, I felted i had security as long as i did my job and i felted i did my job good. a challenge everyday and go home where everyone went home the same way they came in.

I performed JSEA's, conducted safety meeting, did over 30 to 40 cutovers of equipment without a refinery upset, I have covered civil, mechanical electrical an instrument work, I am a jack of all trades but a master of none. over my 30 year span i have missed only one week of work for being sick, i am a person the company and count on to being there when needed.
Pros
extend lunch
Cons
long hours no compinsation
very friendly coworkers
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 April 2018
i enjoy working with customer,s
very friendly
bilingual
i dont mind the shift aslong its not overnight
im honest and hard worker
im focused on my work and make sure all is done promptly
Workplace
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB8 March 2018
Great place to work with a ton of opportunities to meet employee's within the company. Company functions were frequent. Great communication between trades.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Not a company for anyone in IT
Senior Programmer / Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2018
The majority of IT work has been migrated off shore. If you are in Calgary and are in the oil business, there can be a career for you. If you are looking to relocate outside of Canada, there can be a career for you. But this once solely Canadian owned and operated company (Imperial Oil - Esso) is now simply a source of oil for a giant American Corporation. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Corporate America
Secondment as part of Capital Group
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 February 2018
I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with.
I would be happy to go back there again should another contract position become available.
The capital organization would benefit from more cohesive project management procedures. I believe these were in the works but not available to contract employees leaving us guessing at times on what the protocols were to do our jobs.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Frequent changes in management created a stressful at times environment
Great safe place
Shutdown manager (Former Employee) –  Сахалинская область12 February 2018
Excellent place to work with #1 focus in safety for all operations
Safety first before production and finance
Great place for advancement in your early years but does become limited quickly
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Career limiting
Challenging yet promising company to work for.
Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canada10 February 2018
Company has exceptionally good body of knowledge and expertise in a variety of engineering fields. Much better job opportunities in the US market compared to Canada.
A very productive place to work for. A lot of processes that you will learn.
Sr. Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
A very great place to learn processes and corporate rules and regulation. The team is fun to work with and very professional. Since there is always structure on everything it allows individual to learn from it and make it part of ones portfolio. Working with Exxon Mobil is really a career booster.
Great Professional Development
Contractor - Subsurface Engineer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 January 2018
ExxonMobil has provided me with a skill set that is invaluable in todays market. They strive to develop their employees and contractors and have given me tools that i will utilize through the rest of my career.
Enjoying working over here.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Good management. regularly on time payment, and no workload. over here i learned to deal with different customer in efficient manner. customer satisfaction and adopted a leadership skill.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
no more challenging
Great Processes
Project Manager & Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Extremely capable employees work for this Company. People know what they are doing and have outstanding work ethics. Very good pay and benefits. Work life balance for employees could be improved.
Great place to work.
Cross Asset Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 October 2017
Typical eight to five work day, Monday to Friday.
Challenging yet rewarding work with a mixed level of responsibility.
Competitive salary.
Can be stressful at times as a lot of work is provided.
Do not work here
Geoscientist (Former Employee) –  Victoria11 October 2017
Awful work culture, no work life balance. Horrible management style, they do not value you as a person, you are just a number.

Technical work is very interesting and they have projects all over the globe.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Awful aggressive, male dominated work environment.
Excellent company to work for
NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
Great people, great benefits, great culture, development opportunities, grow, inspired, learn, I've been working here for the last three years. I've enjoyed every minute
Pros
World class, global company, Fortune 3. Financially sound, attracting the best talent in the world.
Cons
One of the worst company structures for IT support I have ever worked with.
EMIT Area Ops (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2017
Worked with the EMIT group in the Edmonton refinery. The interview was for a tier1 position and in reality it was a Project Managers position. Safety is ridiculously high...papercut involves days of paperwork. Was let go because rear passenger in vehicle did not have seat belt fully locked. Server room is a disaster and was nearly electrocuted 3 times along with the raised floor being damaged and ready to fail.

You will have no access to repair anything! Worst organization I have ever worked for.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Everything else is just horrid...Exxonmobil is like working for the devil.
dynamic and eclectic work environment
Drilling and Completions Engineering Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 August 2017
Very dynamic workplace. Exciting and challenging work environment. Diverse and interesting assignments requiring adaptability and team focused processes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExxonMobil. Our community is ready to answer.