ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Workplace
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB8 March 2018
Great place to work with a ton of opportunities to meet employee's within the company. Company functions were frequent. Great communication between trades.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Not a company for anyone in IT
Senior Programmer / Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2018
The majority of IT work has been migrated off shore. If you are in Calgary and are in the oil business, there can be a career for you. If you are looking to relocate outside of Canada, there can be a career for you. But this once solely Canadian owned and operated company (Imperial Oil - Esso) is now simply a source of oil for a giant American Corporation. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Corporate America
Secondment as part of Capital Group
Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 February 2018
I enjoyed the work and the people I worked with.
I would be happy to go back there again should another contract position become available.
The capital organization would benefit from more cohesive project management procedures. I believe these were in the works but not available to contract employees leaving us guessing at times on what the protocols were to do our jobs.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Frequent changes in management created a stressful at times environment
Great safe place
Shutdown manager (Former Employee) –  Сахалинская область12 February 2018
Excellent place to work with #1 focus in safety for all operations
Safety first before production and finance
Great place for advancement in your early years but does become limited quickly
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Career limiting
Challenging yet promising company to work for.
Research Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canada10 February 2018
Company has exceptionally good body of knowledge and expertise in a variety of engineering fields. Much better job opportunities in the US market compared to Canada.
A very productive place to work for. A lot of processes that you will learn.
Sr. Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 February 2018
A very great place to learn processes and corporate rules and regulation. The team is fun to work with and very professional. Since there is always structure on everything it allows individual to learn from it and make it part of ones portfolio. Working with Exxon Mobil is really a career booster.
Great Professional Development
Contractor - Subsurface Engineer (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS22 January 2018
ExxonMobil has provided me with a skill set that is invaluable in todays market. They strive to develop their employees and contractors and have given me tools that i will utilize through the rest of my career.
Enjoying working over here.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 October 2017
Good management. regularly on time payment, and no workload. over here i learned to deal with different customer in efficient manner. customer satisfaction and adopted a leadership skill.
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
no more challenging
Great Processes
Project Manager & Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Extremely capable employees work for this Company. People know what they are doing and have outstanding work ethics. Very good pay and benefits. Work life balance for employees could be improved.
Great place to work.
Cross Asset Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 October 2017
Typical eight to five work day, Monday to Friday.
Challenging yet rewarding work with a mixed level of responsibility.
Competitive salary.
Can be stressful at times as a lot of work is provided.
Do not work here
Geoscientist (Former Employee) –  Victoria11 October 2017
Awful work culture, no work life balance. Horrible management style, they do not value you as a person, you are just a number.

Technical work is very interesting and they have projects all over the globe.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Awful aggressive, male dominated work environment.
Excellent company to work for
NETWORK INFRASTRUCTURE ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 October 2017
Great people, great benefits, great culture, development opportunities, grow, inspired, learn, I've been working here for the last three years. I've enjoyed every minute
Pros
World class, global company, Fortune 3. Financially sound, attracting the best talent in the world.
Cons
One of the worst company structures for IT support I have ever worked with.
EMIT Area Ops (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2017
Worked with the EMIT group in the Edmonton refinery. The interview was for a tier1 position and in reality it was a Project Managers position. Safety is ridiculously high...papercut involves days of paperwork. Was let go because rear passenger in vehicle did not have seat belt fully locked. Server room is a disaster and was nearly electrocuted 3 times along with the raised floor being damaged and ready to fail.

You will have no access to repair anything! Worst organization I have ever worked for.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Everything else is just horrid...Exxonmobil is like working for the devil.
dynamic and eclectic work environment
Drilling and Completions Engineering Advisor (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 August 2017
Very dynamic workplace. Exciting and challenging work environment. Diverse and interesting assignments requiring adaptability and team focused processes.
Great company to work for
Dedicated customer professional (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 August 2017
This is a great company and I enjoy working here, but the scheduling doesn't fit with my personal life.
benefits are vey good.
safety is very important.
Busy days
AR DCP, Sales Operations Professional (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB15 August 2017
Loved working with internal and external customers. Company provides a work/life balance and recognized hard work. Days when rewarded with extended lunch
Pros
Work/life balance
Access Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 June 2017
A typical day at work was handling customer requests via phone or email.

I learned most of my technical experience through Exxon and I am forever grateful for that. There were many different departments there so there is room to move or grow.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the work. I loved learning new things and finding out how to fix or assist with fixing issues that arose. It was challenging and I loved it.

Benefits were great and salary comparable.
Energetic place to work
Junior Technician (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MA8 June 2017
Perform oil change, transmission flush, tire repair, brake pads and rotors. You're always learning new things. Friendly and fun place to work. Management was great, took good care of the employees.
Pros
Hands-on work
Productive, fun workplace, and fast-paced environment
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB21 May 2017
Attention to detail is essential, regardless of the work one does. The company invests on its employees, providing constant training and opportunities to develop and grow.
Pros
Lots of events and free food all the time!!! OMG
Cons
Company does not participate in the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program, or any type of immigration program at all.
One of the best places I've worked
Rail operations specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 May 2017
The people and atmosphere were great. Enjoyed coming to work everyday. A family like atmosphere. Lots of flexibility with the departments and rolls and lots room for advancement or change if needed.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Poor management decisions