ExxonMobil Employee Reviews

Found 88 reviews matching the search See all 2,261 reviews
Great company to work with.
Drilling and Completions Engineering Advisor (Former Employee) –  st.john's newfoundland3 November 2018
Great professional company to work with. Lots of challenges and problem solving required. Good management system. Very stimulating work environment. Many opportunities for learning new procedures
Productive , fun place to work. They value their employees.
Marine transportation (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB2 November 2018
1.ExxonMobil provides internal learning through online courses,and training.
2.Management is always fair
3.Great time off
4.Bottom -line driven
5.Great recongition program
6.Internal promotions
Well Managed company
Sr. Siebel / OBIEE consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
Enjoyed work culture, colleagues and team work. It was a privilege to work at Exxon. The company takes care of the employee very well. The work ethics are much appreciated.
Pros
Well managed company
Best place I ever worked at.
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB4 October 2018
This is how businesses should be run. Making sure that the employees are safe and also well treated. The people are great to work with. Several of my immediate supervisors showed real concern for my work environment and the home environment (without being intrusive). The training is very well thought out, considering how much there is to learn. If you get hired there, consider yourself lucky. It's like winning the loto.
Pros
Salary and benefits.
Cons
Can't think of any.
Customer Service Dedicated Professional (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB28 September 2018
I currently work here as a contractor and would love to be in a permanent role as a staff of the company. The staff and management are great. The workplace is conducive for day-to-day operations.The management is very innovative.
Its good env to work
Sr. Oracle EBS Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 September 2018
its good company and environment to work. People are great and company cares for the employees. Offers good training and good package to work there and good vacations.
Treat their employees well, little opportunity for advancement
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick23 September 2018
This is a large oil and gas company with operations across the globe. My experience was at their contact center, where various business support functions were performed. I was always treated well, but eventually hit a ceiling where there were no further options for advancement.
Pros
Competitive salary, amount of time off
Cons
Corporate culture, method of performance evaluations
Credit and Collections Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB7 September 2018
Exxon is not longer located here, however for those who are willing to relocate, this is a great place to be. They value their employees and if you are an asset to the company advancement is in your future.
Very unreliable company to work for/with
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 September 2018
Very disorganized operation with little to no direction. Imperial oil is a very one sided company who values favouritism And bowing down to the management on their sites in order to keep you position no matter what you are. I spent many years on imperial oil sites but their Canadian operations (Fort McMurray) I would rate absolutely about a 2 out of 10.
Pros
Nice site, nice camp, a lot of great people/ workers
Cons
Absolutely bad management
Excellent company to work for
Americas Marine Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB4 September 2018
- Excellent company to work for
- Great salary
- Great career opportunities
- Management was always supportive of their staff
- Great work/life balance
One of the best Oil & Gas Companies
Area Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 August 2018
Global Corporation with multiple functions where professionals could build theirs long term careers.
Fantastic multi-cultural environment where diversity and inclusion are present.
Pros
Growth opportunities. Great salaries.
Cons
Too large
Very well structured and Great Organisation
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  int9 July 2018
Company is committed to fostering an environment of diversity and inclusion. A wide range of education and training programs are available to employees. The company is also dedicated to integrity, high-quality work and good corporate citizenship.
Gret place to work except the e&I foreman is horrible
Instrument Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt/Fox Creek5 July 2018
Absolutely loved working there, until a new foreman was hired and he ruined the atmosphere! He was more concerned about his hair than the plant. Pretty sure he's never worked a day in his life.
Pros
Everything you'd want in a job
Cons
E&I foreman
A serious company to work for. Attention is paid to the employee/contractor ergonomics and safety in the workplace.
Project Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 June 2018
A great company to work for. Work / life balance is very important to the company. Safety is number one and is instilled on a daily basis. Ergonomics in the workplace is very important also and no money is spared providing the worker with the proper tools to maintain health.
Administrative Assistant/ Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB22 May 2018
Answering and transferring calls to the appropreate field, maintaining a safe work program, inputting data from hazard identification reports into a spread sheet. Best part of the job was the people i worked with. Hardest part on me was the travel to the office, was a long drive.
Busy productive challenging with excellent focus on safety
Shutdown Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB11 May 2018
Excellent company to work for with safety as top priority
Excellent program to grow peoples careers especially in engineering feild
Excellent compensation and benefits package
Pros
Excellent safety
Cons
Nothing negative to say
My Review
Level 5 Electrician / Front Line E/I Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Torrance, ON28 April 2018
. a typical day at work , for me started at 5 am and ended at 5 pm
. what i learned is that everyday was a challenge
. management, lack of communication
. workplace culture, Safety
. the hardest part of my job, roles and responsibility trying to do a job and can not do the job because of lack of communication
. the most enjoyable part of my job, I felted i had security as long as i did my job and i felted i did my job good. a challenge everyday and go home where everyone went home the same way they came in.

I performed JSEA's, conducted safety meeting, did over 30 to 40 cutovers of equipment without a refinery upset, I have covered civil, mechanical electrical an instrument work, I am a jack of all trades but a master of none. over my 30 year span i have missed only one week of work for being sick, i am a person the company and count on to being there when needed.
Pros
extend lunch
Cons
long hours no compinsation
very friendly coworkers
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 April 2018
i enjoy working with customer,s
very friendly
bilingual
i dont mind the shift aslong its not overnight
im honest and hard worker
im focused on my work and make sure all is done promptly
Workplace
Instrument Technician (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB8 March 2018
Great place to work with a ton of opportunities to meet employee's within the company. Company functions were frequent. Great communication between trades.
Pros
Days off
Cons
Not a company for anyone in IT
Senior Programmer / Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 March 2018
The majority of IT work has been migrated off shore. If you are in Calgary and are in the oil business, there can be a career for you. If you are looking to relocate outside of Canada, there can be a career for you. But this once solely Canadian owned and operated company (Imperial Oil - Esso) is now simply a source of oil for a giant American Corporation. Stay away.
Pros
Cons
Corporate America

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ExxonMobil. Our community is ready to answer.