Extreme Fitness Employee Review

View all Extreme Fitness reviews

Get Fit or Die Trying
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 July 2013
As with any gym, working as a Personal Trainer is a tough business. It's a lot of unpaid work that needs to be done to ensure being successful. (The now non-existent) Extreme Fitness was no exception. Working here was more for experience rather than pay, because if I had to rely on this job for a living, I would have been homeless. Sure there were opportunities to make "extra income" but the payout was almost non-existent.

I would say the hardest part of the job was sales. Big gyms do not make it affordable to "train with the Trainers", especially at a whopping average of $70-80 per session. Even a small package of working out for eight weeks, at two sessions per week, is easily over a grand. There was constant pressure to make sales, with very little incentive to do so, as the wage was fairly low considering how much work was expected to be done, even with commission.

Easily the best part of the job was working with the clients, because after a few sessions I really felt that I was a part of their life, and helping them to better themselves, and being reaffirmed when they told me so.
Pros
Working with the clients
Cons
Low wage, too much sales pressure, bad managerial skills

Other Extreme Fitness Employee Reviews

fun work enviroment
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON18 May 2018
Long hours, cold calling, pushy sales. Great learning experience. It's a social club, you get to network and meet great people. I was able to work in and out of the office/gym. Salary base plus commission for the first 3 months in sales. Once the 3 months are over you are only receiving commission as pay. You must be available all day, 6 days a week. The best part of the job is the free membership, free training with personal trainers, great staff and gym members.
Pros
social, free membership
Cons
First place I worked
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON15 May 2018
All extreme fitness are closed and out of business now. As a new trainer starting out in the industry back then, it is very hard to make a living off of being a trainer there because sales consultants do all the selling, and if they pass on the sale to more experience trainers. Which leaves the new trainers barely with any clients and the gym does not allow trainers to sell for themselves!