Extendicare Inc.

Extendicare Inc. Employee Reviews

A good enough place to work. Unionized, and if you stay on the good side of management you will enjoy a nice career. Staff are nice once they get to know you and the work place gets better with time.
I am working as a personal support worker in Extendicare from last 5 months .. I love to work there because I love to help needy people and old people..
Pros
Touch with my profession
Cons
Less hours
Good workplace to work as a personal support worker, nice managers and nurses for supervising. Patient care is the focus and personal support workers get to provide support to sick patients.
Pros
good values
Extendicare Moose Jaw is a long term care home with over 100 residents where a staff demonstrates concern and interest in providing quality care to residents. Exhibits interpersonal, organizational and communications skills and ability to work independently.
Pros
Free snacks intermittently
Cons
Things are working normal for me as a hard worker.
i worked in the communications department at Extendicare as a contract employee. My manager and co-workers were eager to learn and to help me succeed in my role. Despite the difficulties caused by the COVID-19 virus, our team worked well together and played a significant role in communicating the measures Extendicare has taken to protect its staff and residents. I would highly recommend this organization.
Pros
Good co-workers, making a difference, feeling appreciated.
Cons
Occasional weekend work.
This was the most toxic work environment I have ever worked in. This place is full of bullies and management hires family members and gives hours to favorites. I paid union dues but the union never did anything for me. Everytime I asked the union rep a question I never got an appropriate answer. This place takes a toll on your self esteem. Don't work there.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Putting up with favortism and bullies.
You will be overworked and you will be underappreciated. Training is adequate at most. Management is run by unethical people whom mess with your vacation days and lieu days. On my last two weeks there they only paid me 21 out of the 49 hours I had worked. Avoid this place if you can, it's not worth the stress. Should you accept any role here, you'll have look liked you aged another 20 years.
Pros
You and your coworkers can rant together.
Cons
WEV terminate workers cheaply, not minding the good record you have built over time in the home. Most PSW are so disrespectful, uncontrollable, rude And proud The present over all manager is most kind of all the management team The wages needs to be reviewed upwards. The wages increments annually is so insignificant insignificant
Pros
Good place to make money because you get a lot of shifts
Cons
Job insecurity
Most stressful job I have ever had, they treat there staff poorly and force you to stay. Extendicare has no respect for there employees. I would not recommend working for Extendicare.
Pros
Cons
Work short all the time and forced
Extendicare gave me opportunities I never had before. My specific job is fast paced. I have many people there who would recommend me to a full time position if needed. They know I am quick to learn new things and a very hard worker. Unfortunately it's only temporary contract employment.
Pros
hours
Cons
This particular facility has an issue with treating their employees with the upmost respect and following union regulations they like double standard lies and will actually even go to extra strength to set a person up for failure they do not listen when issues arise they do not fix equipment and do not care if new employees are trained accordingly adding more work for others.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
Horrible management no respect at all favouritism issues
you learn a lot in a short amount of time and experience everything in a very fast-paced environment. position has s high turnover which makes it difficult to ask colleagues questions, however training is provided if requested. meeting deadlines is important and being able to stay organized is important for this role. a typical work day consists of posting entries, doing variance analyses, preparing financial statements and keeping close communication with your respective homes.
During my time at Extendicare, I was able to be a part of a great team of people working with an amazing group of residents. I very much enjoyed the workplace culture.
I have started out working with Extendicare Inc. working as a front line worker and through skills development I advanced my career into a senior management position.
Pros
Staff acknowlegement
Fair but tiring because load is too much too much responsibility as a licensed practical nurse nurse. But over all salary is fair for the job. Fast face work .
Great staff, everyone works as a team. The team is always there for one another. Management are always there to help and want to see you succeed. All around a great place to work.
I loved my job, my co workers and all the residents. This facility is run top notch. There are information sessions almost weekly to help in your caregiving. Learned a lot from workers who have been there for years they are all team players. The staff genuinely care about their residents.
Job might be a good fit for some people, definitely not for everyone. Hours weren't consistent, which resulted in a small paycheck. Not much collaboration between all the different departments.
PSW's choking reaidents abusing residents putting the sick with the non sick. Every person in this place will end up with charges when the dust settles Stay Away Get the Elderly out of Orchard Villa
You will receive a phone screen call, then you'll schedule a phone interview where the jerks want to demean what you have done in your career(s) as they are selfish idiots and have no idea what the field of recreation is (it is not just LTC - losers! and when someone has well over 20 years in that field, respect them). The management and hr staff are horrid and you'll want to cry every time you see them cause they are just mean. Hours are non existent and the pay is min wage...yet your background must include a post secondary degree (go figure...no wonder why so many seniors in LTC are dying and why the system is broken; they just do not respect employees and if you agree to be an employee, keep looking for other jobs cause this place is just nasty!). No benefits either - so do not listen to what has been posted on here about that, cause the only people that get any benefits are all at the top (no one at the bottom gets anything).
Salary should be same like hospital but it’s not although they call themselves Trillium partners..... starting for an RN is low it should be 33$/ hour
  1. Employee reviews