Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Review

View all Extendicare Health Services, Inc. reviews

Horrible experience
Recreational Assistant (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON29 April 2014
I have only ever worked at one Extendicare, so this review is not for every single one. I worked at the one situated in Halton Hills, border of Georgetown/Acton. The management there was horrible - they never communicate important information to you but then get angry when you are not informed (ex. residents in isolation, outbreak, residents passing away). There is also a lot of favoritism here - you will never advance if you don't kiss ___.
Pros
The residents
Cons
Long hours, weekends, missed breaks, no communication

Other Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON23 March 2018
I worked there for over 10 years as a psw. It was great when i first started but it is now ran with new management who are the worst people in the world. They treat the psw's like they are nobodys and are the dirt on there shoes. Would not recommend for anyone to work at the port hope extendicare. They suck the life out of you!!!
Pros
Weekends when management isnt there
Place where everyone cares
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
I am fortunate I was hired in this place as my first LPN job because everyone cares for everybody. There are 6 units and all my orientation in each unit were very helpful and informative. Nurses worked together. There is collaboration in each department for the ultimate resident's care.
Pros
Salary is above other facility
Cons
lots of residents to handle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extendicare Health Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.