Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Review

View all Extendicare Health Services, Inc. reviews

Working as a team player
DIETARY AIDE (Former Employee) –  Lakefield, ON21 February 2014
Serving residents food and beverages according to diet
Learning what residents like and dislike
Management and co-workers are very kind and helpful
Hardest part of my job is a resident passing away, especially if you have become attached to them
Most enjoyable part of my job is learning about the residents, and being able to get to know them as a person and learn interesting stories of their earlier job occupations, family members, working as a team with co-workers
Pros
Attending courses to learn more eg: Zero tolerance policies for abuse
Cons
Very physically demanding job, it is all about the residents and making sure they are happy and comfortable

Other Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON23 March 2018
I worked there for over 10 years as a psw. It was great when i first started but it is now ran with new management who are the worst people in the world. They treat the psw's like they are nobodys and are the dirt on there shoes. Would not recommend for anyone to work at the port hope extendicare. They suck the life out of you!!!
Pros
Weekends when management isnt there
Place where everyone cares
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
I am fortunate I was hired in this place as my first LPN job because everyone cares for everybody. There are 6 units and all my orientation in each unit were very helpful and informative. Nurses worked together. There is collaboration in each department for the ultimate resident's care.
Pros
Salary is above other facility
Cons
lots of residents to handle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extendicare Health Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.