Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Review

View all Extendicare Health Services, Inc. reviews

Fast paced environment with judging co-workers
Dietary Aide (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 June 2014
Doing the work is no problem. It's the people you work with, your co-workers only speak 'their' language even though its not allowed, and management yells at you for trying to enforce the rules. Management thinks they know everything even though they never stay late enough to see who does what and who doesn't. Hardest part is the continuous bashing with co-workers, always talking behind your back, and NOTHING gets done; management doesn't take the time to learn your name. It's like thanks, I've only been working here for 5 years so no big deal, maybe you'll get it next year...
Pros
Money
Cons
Management & Co-Workers- UNDERSTAFFED

Other Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON23 March 2018
I worked there for over 10 years as a psw. It was great when i first started but it is now ran with new management who are the worst people in the world. They treat the psw's like they are nobodys and are the dirt on there shoes. Would not recommend for anyone to work at the port hope extendicare. They suck the life out of you!!!
Pros
Weekends when management isnt there
Place where everyone cares
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
I am fortunate I was hired in this place as my first LPN job because everyone cares for everybody. There are 6 units and all my orientation in each unit were very helpful and informative. Nurses worked together. There is collaboration in each department for the ultimate resident's care.
Pros
Salary is above other facility
Cons
lots of residents to handle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extendicare Health Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.