Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Review

View all Extendicare Health Services, Inc. reviews

Productive work enviroment with lots of opportunity to grow
Part Time Maintenance Man. (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 February 2014
My typical day at work will be checking all the maintenance log books to ensure i review and repair any required maintnenance issues that were previously reported to keep a safe environment. I enjoy working in this industry as it is very multicultrial and diverse. The most difficult part of this job is making sure that all the proirity issues get resolved before the end of the shift, if i can't get this done i would always stay till they have been completed. This company doesn't like to pay overtime so this is a challenge but i never leave safety issues undone.
Pros
good salary
Cons
working with many things to be achieved in a short day

Other Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON23 March 2018
I worked there for over 10 years as a psw. It was great when i first started but it is now ran with new management who are the worst people in the world. They treat the psw's like they are nobodys and are the dirt on there shoes. Would not recommend for anyone to work at the port hope extendicare. They suck the life out of you!!!
Pros
Weekends when management isnt there
Place where everyone cares
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
I am fortunate I was hired in this place as my first LPN job because everyone cares for everybody. There are 6 units and all my orientation in each unit were very helpful and informative. Nurses worked together. There is collaboration in each department for the ultimate resident's care.
Pros
Salary is above other facility
Cons
lots of residents to handle

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extendicare Health Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.