Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Psw
PSW (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON20 September 2018
Fast pacing..always a new adventure..Never 2 days the same. Love putting a smile on residents faces.Hardest part about the job losing a resident.Need more time with the residents..Not enough one on one
Horrible place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Oakview Place, Winnipeg3 September 2018
Management and long term employees are ignorant, lazy, vindictive and BULLIES. Nothing is done about it. You will never be praised. Expect to be denigrated on a daily basis. Upper mgmt. and head office are aware and do nothing. They are concerned with the profits!
Pros
Residents, education team
Cons
Lack of support, bullying culture, short-staffed, disrespectful culture
Management position in LTC
Registered nurse is managerial Capacity (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON1 September 2018
Would not recommend this company. Have worked for over 4 LTC providers in 15 years, this is by far the worst. Poor leadership within the org , limited if any supports. No concern for the residents or their well being. Not the sort of company I will work for!
Pros
Limited oversight
Cons
Everything else.
Awful
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Extendicare27 August 2018
It's an awful place to work for! Treat the employees like garbage. If you do get a job here don't bother working hard. Zero appreciation for hard workers.
Overworked and severely underpaid
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Calary, AB23 August 2018
The facility I work for is not a good place to search for a job. Staff turnaround is ridiculous. Wages are the bare minimum and job roles are overloaded. Each department has the bare minimum for staff with too many duties. No moral. Staff argue constantly with each other and too many micro managers. Management does not deal with any major issues so the environment in there is chaos. No raises. No recognition. Upper management does not acknowledge staff when they visit. Definitely not invested in their employees one bit.
Pros
Working with the seniors
Cons
Massively overworked and underpaid
Worst and I only put a star cause u have to 1 to 10 they would get a 0
PSW (Current Employee) –  Toronto Pearson International Airport, ON15 August 2018
Used to be the best company ,Change of management and it all went down hill the they no longer care about residents or there staff you just do what your told wether it right or wrong or you no longer have a job they will just cut your hours till you have no choice but to leave THIS IS REALLY A TERRIBLE COMPANY NOW....
Pros
non the pay not worth having to leave your humanity behind
high stress job/field
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ON10 August 2018
no comment- too stressful of work place. Long hours, forced to stay and work double shifts, forced in on night shift. Poorly organized, and managed.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours, call ins, forced to stay on job past 8 hours
Clinical Placement
Nursing Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 August 2018
Very eye opening as it was my first placement. I was able to learn a lot and gather a lot of information about my dislikes and likes within the facility.
Very good company
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK27 July 2018
I would definitely like to work there again if ever given a chance.It really helped me to shape my career and help in my professional growth.Great management .
Not so pleasant any more
PSW (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 July 2018
Long time employee. Staff treats residents with respect but RESIDENTS are very abusive verbally and physically to staff. Everyone should show RESPECT.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Short staff, abuse from residents
good atmosphere
health care aide (Former Employee) –  Mayerthorpe, AB12 July 2018
a nice place to work and a great place to live ..the staff are all very caring individuals who are detail oriented. this group only want the best for their clients and families
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no cons
A very nice place to work with the senior Community
Continuing Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK26 June 2018
Nice place to work, Good benefits except too much workload, Too much physical work and the management doesn't realise how much the staff is going through with shortage of staff everyday.
productive working environment
Programmer/Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 June 2018
program development and support user ticket daily.
quarterly upgrade health care system and retrofit customized programs and data (If need).
Trouble shoot for user request and back log
Pros
good to learn Health care Payroll and Accounting system
Cons
limited to software package
extendicare
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 May 2018
I enjoyed the job but left on unagreeable terms with co workers.
I worked part time
I created individualized recovery plans for clients
relied on knowledge of phychosocial theories and functions to help clients recover
Learned a lot
Activity Aide [Casual] (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 May 2018
Great opportunity for learning and allowed me to do a lot. All of the other recreation staff were excellent. The residents have really touched my heart and changed my life! All departments treat the residents so great! Such a great place!
Terrible place to work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON23 March 2018
I worked there for over 10 years as a psw. It was great when i first started but it is now ran with new management who are the worst people in the world. They treat the psw's like they are nobodys and are the dirt on there shoes. Would not recommend for anyone to work at the port hope extendicare. They suck the life out of you!!!
Pros
Weekends when management isnt there
Place where everyone cares
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
I am fortunate I was hired in this place as my first LPN job because everyone cares for everybody. There are 6 units and all my orientation in each unit were very helpful and informative. Nurses worked together. There is collaboration in each department for the ultimate resident's care.
Pros
Salary is above other facility
Cons
lots of residents to handle
Night shift. Bath girl
PSW (Former Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON15 March 2018
Worked variety of shifts mostly nights. Assisted residents with ADLs and helped with quality of life. Ensured residents kept their independence and helped make them feel at home.
nice place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON12 March 2018
this place is a good place to work the staff is very kind and the management could be better but it is still a very nice place to work at. one thing I would recommend is that they could be more supportive of staff
Productive busy and fun
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 February 2018
I like working with extendicare, nice co-workers, wprking weekdays at the office and worminv every other weekend as hca. Looking for a full time hours job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extendicare Health Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.