Extendicare Health Services, Inc. Employee Reviews

Not so pleasant any more
PSW (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON16 July 2018
Long time employee. Staff treats residents with respect but RESIDENTS are very abusive verbally and physically to staff. Everyone should show RESPECT.
Pros
Good work
Cons
Short staff, abuse from residents
good atmosphere
health care aide (Former Employee) –  Mayerthorpe, AB12 July 2018
a nice place to work and a great place to live ..the staff are all very caring individuals who are detail oriented. this group only want the best for their clients and families
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
no cons
productive working environment
Programmer/Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON21 June 2018
program development and support user ticket daily.
quarterly upgrade health care system and retrofit customized programs and data (If need).
Trouble shoot for user request and back log
Pros
good to learn Health care Payroll and Accounting system
Cons
limited to software package
extendicare
Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB25 May 2018
I enjoyed the job but left on unagreeable terms with co workers.
I worked part time
I created individualized recovery plans for clients
relied on knowledge of phychosocial theories and functions to help clients recover
Learned a lot
Activity Aide [Casual] (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON14 May 2018
Great opportunity for learning and allowed me to do a lot. All of the other recreation staff were excellent. The residents have really touched my heart and changed my life! All departments treat the residents so great! Such a great place!
Terrible place to work
PSW (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON23 March 2018
I worked there for over 10 years as a psw. It was great when i first started but it is now ran with new management who are the worst people in the world. They treat the psw's like they are nobodys and are the dirt on there shoes. Would not recommend for anyone to work at the port hope extendicare. They suck the life out of you!!!
Pros
Weekends when management isnt there
Place where everyone cares
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2018
I am fortunate I was hired in this place as my first LPN job because everyone cares for everybody. There are 6 units and all my orientation in each unit were very helpful and informative. Nurses worked together. There is collaboration in each department for the ultimate resident's care.
Pros
Salary is above other facility
Cons
lots of residents to handle
Night shift. Bath girl
PSW (Former Employee) –  Kirkland Lake, ON15 March 2018
Worked variety of shifts mostly nights. Assisted residents with ADLs and helped with quality of life. Ensured residents kept their independence and helped make them feel at home.
nice place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON12 March 2018
this place is a good place to work the staff is very kind and the management could be better but it is still a very nice place to work at. one thing I would recommend is that they could be more supportive of staff
Productive busy and fun
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB28 February 2018
I like working with extendicare, nice co-workers, wprking weekdays at the office and worminv every other weekend as hca. Looking for a full time hours job
Average place
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON16 February 2018
- good salary
- great benefits
- nice and respectful working environment
- politics is involved
- many people not working as hard
- lots of changes in management
Productive job
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON12 February 2018
I learned a lot from this job and it gave me a great experience. Working there was a great time and I would recommend it to anyone interested. The boss was great and so were the people.
Co-workers are nice
Payroll & Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 February 2018
Great cooperate working environment; learning lots of office job experience; Co-workers are friendly;
Do not like the management style of the company, there is no recognition for the effort put it in
very busy work enviroment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON10 February 2018
was an on call position in a very busy facility for those who could no longer care for themselves, served breakfast lunch and dinner stocked supplies and did dishes help keep the workplace safe
Pros
wage was great
Cons
on call, needed a schedule
Bottom line is the only thing that matters
Office Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2018
Beware!!! Extendicare does not care for their employees and will throw you to the wolves for no particular reason. I was let go out of the blue with no valid explanation. I worked hard and put in lots of OT with no pay because of lack of staff. I did it because I didn't want to see the seniors go without. Extendicare's only concern is the bottom line. They will change your duties at any time with no warning or training.They will expect you to lie to back up the company. Worst company I ever worked for. Back stabbing is a daily routine. Hard work and honesty means nothing to this company. I know the seniors were upset when I was let go. I adored them and I know they were very fond of me and my continuous efforts to ensure their quality of life at the residence.
Pros
Working with the seniors
Cons
Company does not care for anything but bottom line
wonderful place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Port Hope, ON9 January 2018
I love working at extendicare it is and was an amazing facility to begin my health care career.
A typical day at work is providing care, following by serving meals and working collaboratively with team members to support those who depend on aids every day.
good place to work
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2017
Typical day stars wit fun and exercise program with resident. I have learned how to deal with aggressive, demented residents, and the management is friendly. We have a great work culture.
Pros
staff appreciation
Cons
na
overall terrible work environment and staff!
RPN (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON22 November 2017
this entire place is a joke, worst place I've ever worked! staff are rude managers don't know how to manage their staff specially the ones that have been working t here for a long time. PSW don't listen and fight, managers don't do anything about their inappropriate behavior
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Staff is over worked and under paid. No appreciation or respect from management/staff.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON8 November 2017
There is not enough staff properly scheduled to be able to attend to and properly care for our residents needs. Extremely frustrating when you need help but there is not enough staff to get help from. Therefore you end up doing way too much work yourself and your body pays for it dearly. In my opinion, it is very frustrating to see that your residents deserve so much more then you're physically capable of providing, but the issue is never resolved due to not having more staff scheduled.
Enjoyed working there
PSW (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 November 2017
Fun place with a bunch of nice knowledgeable psw and nursing staff. A very multicultural experience that benefits both residents and staff....a hugely caring enviroment
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Management not open for discussion for change

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extendicare Health Services, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.