Extend Communications

Extend Communications Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Great place to work and great people to work with

Great group of people to work with. Always makes me feel like I am part of a family that is doing something for the greater good. Forever changing, not two days are similar. Get to learn about so many new businesses and what they do. The hardest part of the job is probably the best part of the job which is keeping up with the constant changes. Very challenging and a joy to work at Extend.

Under paid and under appreciated

Would not recommend getting a job here unless it is for any position other than an operator. The pay is too low and the pay for performance thing is almost impossible to achieve. You will be nit picked for saying words like alright/okay too many times. The schedule is a whole other thing. You will get scheduled 10+ days in a row. You will get vacation denied. You will not likely make the pfp bonus. You will get multiple write ups from people who don't even answer the calls. Only good thing I can say is that there are some really amazing people that work there and are severely under appreciated, along with the rest of the operators. Supervisors and trainers are great. Decent benefit package too. Hopefully things change, but I doubt they will. Those who have the power to make change within the company to not care enough to do so. The stress this job will bring you is not worth it imo.

Pros

benefits, good people, paid training

Cons

bad scheduling, low pay, under appreciated

Family oriented

Love the culture they set out for all staff at all levels. They value you as a person & not as a number. Because they are a 24/7 call centre, they do offer many benefits and incentives to help compensate work life balance.

Pros

Culture, management, benefits, flexible shifts

Cons

24/7 business

Great People on the floor but...

This company is all for collab and learning and educating from and to its colleagues however that is just their gimmick to get you to apply. Really this place is a toxic work environment! No work like balance. Chained to a desk with scheduled breaks that are always missed. No privacy at all, not even to cry! Management is very nepotistic. The list goes on! Only thing I can say was bearable is the casual dress and some ladies that sit next to you at work. Know what you are signing up for. The other reviewers are not wrong!

Pros

Pay for working holiday

Cons

Management, lack of autonomy, schedule, script and scoring

Management a joke

Nothing is valued at this employer except stupidity and a scheduling system claimed to be state of the art has you coming in different times everyday... for example you come in Monday at 3:45 Tuesday is 4:10, Wednesday is 3:15 Thursday your off Saturday is 4:45, Sunday was 2:25 I guess it’d be okay if you ran your own business... but it’s not! Terminating employees for having fun using social media off hours. Management definitely a self absorbed joke. Beware of this toxic workplace

Pros

Not applicable

Cons

Where to start

A mixed bag, beware

Worked there almost 5 years. I did enjoy it for the first half of the job. Computer system is great. I barely had time off, and because of it had medical issues I had to sort out. Management was not helpful when I needed to call in because of being ill (which I rarely got sick). It was stupid micromanaged. Workplace culture is very gossipy. There are cameras EVERYWHERE. You will feel like you're in the book 1984 where Big Brother is watching you. Like I said...this place USED to be good. Potential employee beware of what you are getting into! Just because it looks good doesn't mean it is good for you!

Pros

Breaks paid for, good medical coverage for eye glasses, good computers to work with

Cons

long hours, management, workplace gossip and basically everything else.

no social life

When I worked for this company, if I had a day off I was called 4-5 times and asked to come in to fill in for someone that had not shown up. It was very stressful and was left without a personal life for my 1 year old son.

Pros

good co-workers

Cons

hard to get a day off

Jobs at Extend Communications