Extend Communications

Extend Communications Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.8Job security & advancement

Great company and business

I have never worked at a place where the management cared so much about not only their employee but also their community. They take the time to help employees with issues on the job as well as in their personal life. They offer seminars about health, finance or whatever other suggestions an employee might give. The donate to local charities and staff also volunteer. They care about why their employees have to say. Even though they are 24/7/365 they fully explain their expectation before they hire you, so there are no surprises. You get your schedule 3 weeks in advance and there is almost always someone willing to switch or help if you need it tweaked. There are yearly raises and pay for performance as well as Christmas bonus. All in all a great place to work

A good work environment with caring & friendly staff

I started at extend 7 months ago and have nothing but good things to say. The best part about it is the staff - everyone was (and still is) so welcoming and friendly. Supervisors are caring & understanding - nobody has ever made me feel dumb for asking questions and needing help. There is also lots of opportunities for growth that have already popped up in my 7 months here. Yes, it can be hard to get days off & it is not guaranteed, but this is ALL explained to you before you get hired! No surprises. Schedule comes out 3 weeks early which is nice. You may not always get your preferred shift, but again, this is explained during the interview process.

Pros

Great staff, monthly events put on by the staff, opportunities for growth, benefits after 6 months, 3 month paid training

Cons

Inconsistency in scheduling, days off are not guaranteed

Great Workplace

I started here as a part-time employee , I had not anticipated staying long because I was working part-time at another job which I thought I preferred. Within 3 years I had been promoted twice and quit my other job because I realized Extend had a more positive work environment than any other place I have ever worked. Due to the nature of this industry, staffing is needed 24/7 so scheduling is a challenge but that is something you should consider during the recruiting process. They are very open about this from the beginning to allow you to make an informed decision before accepting a Customer Service Representative position. The company has grown over the 6 years I have been here, new positions have been added and most job positions are filled internally. If you're motivated and the hours work for you than I highly recommend this company for you.

Family oriented

Love the culture they set out for all staff at all levels. They value you as a person & not as a number. Because they are a 24/7 call centre, they do offer many benefits and incentives to help compensate work life balance.

Pros

Culture, management, benefits, flexible shifts

Cons

24/7 business

no social life

When I worked for this company, if I had a day off I was called 4-5 times and asked to come in to fill in for someone that had not shown up. It was very stressful and was left without a personal life for my 1 year old son.

Pros

good co-workers

Cons

hard to get a day off

Jobs at Extend Communications