Extend Communications

Extend Communications Employee Reviews in Brantford, ON

Former employee

I really loved working here, great people. Loved everything about it! I miss it often. Fast paced, great benefits, bonus opportunities\incentives for work and attendance . Work hours range as they never close.

Under paid and under appreciated

Would not recommend getting a job here unless it is for any position other than an operator. The pay is too low and the pay for performance thing is almost impossible to achieve. You will be nit picked for saying words like alright/okay too many times. The schedule is a whole other thing. You will get scheduled 10+ days in a row. You will get vacation denied. You will not likely make the pfp bonus. You will get multiple write ups from people who don't even answer the calls. Only good thing I can say is that there are some really amazing people that work there and are severely under appreciated, along with the rest of the operators. Supervisors and trainers are great. Decent benefit package too. Hopefully things change, but I doubt they will. Those who have the power to make change within the company to not care enough to do so. The stress this job will bring you is not worth it imo.

Pros

benefits, good people, paid training

Cons

bad scheduling, low pay, under appreciated

Great company and business

I have never worked at a place where the management cared so much about not only their employee but also their community. They take the time to help employees with issues on the job as well as in their personal life. They offer seminars about health, finance or whatever other suggestions an employee might give. The donate to local charities and staff also volunteer. They care about why their employees have to say. Even though they are 24/7/365 they fully explain their expectation before they hire you, so there are no surprises. You get your schedule 3 weeks in advance and there is almost always someone willing to switch or help if you need it tweaked. There are yearly raises and pay for performance as well as Christmas bonus. All in all a great place to work

Great Workplace and Friendly Environment

Extend is a great place to work for and always has great incentives. It is a family oriented company and excellent benefits for employees.If your looking to work and have excellent customer service skills and are people friendly than it is the place for you.

Great place to work and great people to work with

Great group of people to work with. Always makes me feel like I am part of a family that is doing something for the greater good. Forever changing, not two days are similar. Get to learn about so many new businesses and what they do. The hardest part of the job is probably the best part of the job which is keeping up with the constant changes. Very challenging and a joy to work at Extend.

A good work environment with caring & friendly staff

I started at extend 7 months ago and have nothing but good things to say. The best part about it is the staff - everyone was (and still is) so welcoming and friendly. Supervisors are caring & understanding - nobody has ever made me feel dumb for asking questions and needing help. There is also lots of opportunities for growth that have already popped up in my 7 months here. Yes, it can be hard to get days off & it is not guaranteed, but this is ALL explained to you before you get hired! No surprises. Schedule comes out 3 weeks early which is nice. You may not always get your preferred shift, but again, this is explained during the interview process.

Pros

Great staff, monthly events put on by the staff, opportunities for growth, benefits after 6 months, 3 month paid training

Cons

Inconsistency in scheduling, days off are not guaranteed

Great place to work!

I've worked at Extend for 5+ years now and there is a lot of great aspects to this work place. The schedule is posted at least 3 weeks in advance to give employees opportunity to change shifts, book time off, plan ahead, etc. Even though our business is 24/7/365, everyone gets to choose the shifts they prefer over the holiday season to ensure they can still spend time with family which a lot of other businesses do not do! - Lots of opportunities to move ahead, or have extra tasks where fitting. - Full benefits for yourself and dependents, not to mention an awesome wellness fund which lets you claim expenses for health (nails, hair, etc), to hobbies (painting, music, etc) - I mean what work place is there that literally pays you to get your nails done! ;-) - Social committee events, like raffles, food pot lucks, etc - Social responsibility - helping our community in various aspects, donations of items, volunteering, etc. - Open door policy - can speak to management, even the owner when you need to! I will always recommend this company to anyone looking for a great place to work! :)

Pros

benefits, flexibility, community involvement

Cons

limited parking on site (lots around the building)

Great Workplace

I started here as a part-time employee , I had not anticipated staying long because I was working part-time at another job which I thought I preferred. Within 3 years I had been promoted twice and quit my other job because I realized Extend had a more positive work environment than any other place I have ever worked. Due to the nature of this industry, staffing is needed 24/7 so scheduling is a challenge but that is something you should consider during the recruiting process. They are very open about this from the beginning to allow you to make an informed decision before accepting a Customer Service Representative position. The company has grown over the 6 years I have been here, new positions have been added and most job positions are filled internally. If you're motivated and the hours work for you than I highly recommend this company for you.

Values their employees

Extend Communications management value their employees and value their employees feedback. Great co-workers, excellent management, beautiful office & great incentive's!! You could not ask for a better place to work for.

Great benefits and not the same everyday!

I felt is was rewarding as well as challenging. Each day is never the same. You have full support from Team Leads/Supervisors as well as co-workers. They appreciate you!

Family oriented

Love the culture they set out for all staff at all levels. They value you as a person & not as a number. Because they are a 24/7 call centre, they do offer many benefits and incentives to help compensate work life balance.

Pros

Culture, management, benefits, flexible shifts

Cons

24/7 business

Great People on the floor but...

This company is all for collab and learning and educating from and to its colleagues however that is just their gimmick to get you to apply. Really this place is a toxic work environment! No work like balance. Chained to a desk with scheduled breaks that are always missed. No privacy at all, not even to cry! Management is very nepotistic. The list goes on! Only thing I can say was bearable is the casual dress and some ladies that sit next to you at work. Know what you are signing up for. The other reviewers are not wrong!

Pros

Pay for working holiday

Cons

Management, lack of autonomy, schedule, script and scoring

Management a joke

Nothing is valued at this employer except stupidity and a scheduling system claimed to be state of the art has you coming in different times everyday... for example you come in Monday at 3:45 Tuesday is 4:10, Wednesday is 3:15 Thursday your off Saturday is 4:45, Sunday was 2:25 I guess it’d be okay if you ran your own business... but it’s not! Terminating employees for having fun using social media off hours. Management definitely a self absorbed joke. Beware of this toxic workplace

Pros

Not applicable

Cons

Where to start

A mixed bag, beware

Worked there almost 5 years. I did enjoy it for the first half of the job. Computer system is great. I barely had time off, and because of it had medical issues I had to sort out. Management was not helpful when I needed to call in because of being ill (which I rarely got sick). It was stupid micromanaged. Workplace culture is very gossipy. There are cameras EVERYWHERE. You will feel like you're in the book 1984 where Big Brother is watching you. Like I said...this place USED to be good. Potential employee beware of what you are getting into! Just because it looks good doesn't mean it is good for you!

Pros

Breaks paid for, good medical coverage for eye glasses, good computers to work with

Cons

long hours, management, workplace gossip and basically everything else.

Wonderful Staff!!

Learned everything I know about customer service when with Extend- Great training and support staff!! Would recommend this workplace to anyone wanting to provide prime customer service.

Pros

Great Management, Great Clients - Wonderful Wellness program and bonus incentives!

Cons

A bit repetitive at times.

no social life

When I worked for this company, if I had a day off I was called 4-5 times and asked to come in to fill in for someone that had not shown up. It was very stressful and was left without a personal life for my 1 year old son.

Pros

good co-workers

Cons

hard to get a day off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Extend Communications. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8Job security/advancement