Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Found 41 reviews matching the search See all 3,500 reviews
Very very poor management, no true HR department for the regular employees, very poor quality management
Business Integrity 9th Floor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2019
Managers do not treat the employees equally, keep grudges against the employees the ones they do not like. Don't expect to get anywhere (promoted or resources for projects) unless you are one of the favorites. Do not promote bad managers and team leaders. The restructuring of Management Structure is in a dire need. Management is misusing their powers. The company has lost its identity and does not value its staff.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, politics, favoritism, stressful, toxic
23 January 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback. We value all of our employees and appreciate the work that they do. Our goal is for each employee to have equal opportunity to grow and advance – whether it be through a promotion or the ability to take the lead on certain projects within their department. When promoting from within, we look for many qualities in a candidate to ensure they will be a good fit before we place them in a position.

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We are continuously working on ways to ensure that all employees work in a constructive environment that fosters mutual respect, alignment, collaboration and advancement, when possible.

Your feedback will be used as we continue to improve our workplace for you and all of our employees. Thanks again for sharing.

Poor Management and HR who can't be trusted
current employee (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 January 2019
This is probably the most negative work environment I have ever experienced. The culture is in absolute shambles. Terrible management. No freedom of speech. No work life balance. If you speak up about an issue they will target you and intentionally cause your dismissal. Everything is fake and sugar coated. Managers are puppets with no integrity. It's all about who you know over experience and talent.
Pros
Cons
Too bad that the culture and the values of the company are not respected
29 January 2019

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our culture is shaped by the way we do business, our values and how we — as individuals and team members — seize opportunities and overcome challenges. These values include integrity, mutual respect, passion, alignment, collaboration and service. We’re sorry to hear that you feel these values are not being respected. We work very hard to ensure we employ people on all levels who are committed to building a positive culture and upholding these values.

One aspect of our culture we take great pride in, is helping employees achieve a healthy work/life balance. Some programs we have put in place to strengthen our commitment include, our work from home program, working half days during the summer on Fridays and meeting free Wednesdays. Additionally, we offer very flexible work hours with our core hours being between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m.

We also work hard to attract and retain the very best people. From our head office to our pharmacy to our call centre, every employee contributes to our success and is valued. If you feel your work is not being valued, we invite you to reach out to our Human Resources team who are dedicated to maintaining confidentiality, remaining neutral and restoring positive working relations. We thank you for your service.

Fast growing company
IT Director (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 January 2019
The work is never boring and there are always challenges to work on. It really depends on the attitude of the individual. Though financially conservative, they are people focused and the company has never done a layoff for cost-cutting. They have lots of people with many years of experience, so there is good learning opportunity. I have met some of the brightest minds in this company. With right attitude and hard work, you can get good visibility across the company.
29 January 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Express Scripts Canada. It’s great to hear that you are challenged in your role and recognize talent in your peers. We aim to employ people who take pride in their work and strive to make a difference across our organization so we’re glad to hear your feedback.

Thank you again for sharing your opinion. We’re grateful for the work you do!

Worst Management, Worst HR Department
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 December 2018
This company has nothing good. It has the worst management and HR is even more worst than the management. If you ever take a complain about management to the HR you will be fired. The minute you stand up for yourslef that will be your last day in the company. Bunch of incompeltent people are running this place. You have to be really desperate to work for this place. Please stay away from this company.
Pros
Cons
worst Management
21 December 2018

We appreciate your feedback.

Sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We strive to build positive teams and encourage a collaborative working environment with open communication across the organization.
When conflict arises in the workplace, our HR department’s mandate is to remain neutral and restore positive working relations while ensuring that every issue is properly investigated.

Your feedback will help us continue to improve our workplace for all of our employees. Thank you.

Stay Away
Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga11 January 2019
It doesnt take a genious to realize the sudden positive reviews with glowing responses from HR are either from HR or company shills. Bottom line is this place is toxic and everything negative is based on facts. One simply needs to look at the was this helpful votes and see how the fake positive gets downvotes while the real negative gets upvotes. I have seen employees cry. Too many managers sit in offices with door closed and dont interact. I keep hearing negative stories in quiet whispers from adjacent cubes. Upper management hires friends not qualified and dont know pc's. IT is a joke. Sorry HR but time to stop whitewashing. Why so hard to deal with bad management? Do you not see the real words here?
Pros
Good view of the escarpment from my cube, and good food across the street.
Cons
All negative reviews are true.
14 January 2019

Thank you for sharing your experience at Express Scripts Canada. We are committed to creating a transparent and diverse work environment that fosters mutual respect, alignment and collaboration. Monitoring honest reviews from both current and previous employees helps us maintain this standard and provides us with valuable feedback that we use to improve our workplace.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us so far has not been positive. Your feedback will help us continue to improve our workplace for all of our employees.

Horrible place to work. No work life balance. You are treated like slaves
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 November 2018
Poor management. Management has bunch of favourites who are kissing the management's back day and night. incompetent management. Just terrible place to work. No opportunities will be given if you are not managers or supervisor's favourite. Directors have their own friends promoted all the time and supervisors are just so incompetent that I have no words to explain.
Benefits
Cons
Worst management
17 December 2018

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We are sorry to hear that your experience working at our pharmacy thus far has not been a positive one. We do our best to ensure that all current and future employees work in a constructive environment that fosters mutual respect, alignment and collaboration.

We also take our hiring and internal promotion practices very seriously. We look for many qualities in a candidate to ensure they will be a good fit before we place them in a position. We value all of our employees and we would like to do what we can to address the issue. If you would like to set up a meeting to discuss your concerns further, please email Stephanie Myner-Nham, Human Resources Director. All discussions with human resources are of course confidential.

Thank you again for your honest feedback, we will use it to help us continue to improve our workplace for you and all of our employees.

Garbage company
AP clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 October 2018
Bad company, culture, management, direction

All they care is the big bucks they get from a government contract, they hire you as a contract offering a carrot on a string....you will never get FT, bad pay, building is a joke it old and smells, people are rude, and dont offer any help, thye know they have an issue with there systems but do nothing to upgrade or fix, IT is useless, they have no controls, every department works against each other, it all depends in which department you are in and if you have a strong manager.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY
Pros
Cons
everything
Coworkers and Benefits
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 August 2018
The negative comments are true. They also recruit using third party agencies.. you can see why.
Management is terrible. They are all friends. Majority with no health care experience. The employees that are good get kicked to the curb, forced out or fired.
You are worked to the max with no proper training or mentoring. You’re on your own. Such a toxic place. Unless you are absolutely desperate, stay away.
The best part was the benefits.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else! Management incompetent, unethical High Turnover Demanding work environment
17 December 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We apologize for the delay in responding.

Sorry to hear that your experience with us is not meeting your expectations, however, we believe we have a top-notch audit team.

The audit team has a tremendous amount of experience, ranging from seven to 35 years in the health benefits industry, pharmacy, dental and auditing sectors. The team, including management, is comprised of pharmacists, pharmacy technicians, dental consultants, hygienists, dental assistants, data analysts and other individuals with a deep understanding of the health claims business. All have impeccable credentials.

We value and encourage a supportive, collaborative, team-oriented environment, and are sorry that your experience with us so far has fallen short of that standard. Your feedback will help us continue to improve our workplace for all of our employees. Again, thank you.

Agree with others
Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 August 2018
I'll chime in. Can't speak for corporate side, but the pharmacy is a place to avoid. The people are awesome, management something else. Agree about the comments made about lack of competency, stealing ideas and taking credit for other peoples work, no respect, micromanagement beyond what is acceptable. Me, myself and I run the place. Don't bother complaining to HR because HR and the management are best friends. Mess up once and you get fired. Management messes up all the time and finds a scapegoat. Had one person who cared enough to help out and support but was squeezed out as a threat to management that has no pharmacy experience, no leadership skills, rules through fear, intimidation and bullying, and should have stayed selling houses. Has a circle of snitches so beware.
Pros
Clean, bright, lots of good food around
Cons
Draconian hostile toxic
17 December 2018

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

We are committed to creating a work environment that fosters mutual respect, alignment and collaboration, so it is disappointing to hear about some of your experiences with us.

We pride ourselves on providing a positive and supportive culture that works together to achieve our common goals. Results of our annual employee engagement survey reflect high scores in the Confidence in Leaders and Respect & Recognition categories, but we always strive to do better, and will use your feedback to do just that.

Wishing you all the best in your career path.

Unprofessional
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC9 August 2018
Unprofessional working environment where people are not treated equally or set up to succeed. There are high, and somewhat unrealistic, expectations for new staff that are still in training. Managers are often quick to criticize and lay blame rather than foster learning and growth.
Pros
No weekends. Monday-Friday 9-5
Cons
Unprofessional
17 December 2018

Your opinions of our pharmacy work environment are appreciated and valued. We are sorry that your experience with us was not what you expected.

We agree that we have very high expectations of our employees, but given that we are in the healthcare business, we must put patient health and safety first at all times. That said, we put great emphasis on supporting our employees’ continuing education endeavours as well as providing access to training sessions and/or workshops to ensure success. A positive, supportive environment where employees succeed and enjoy each other’s successes is important to our culture.

Your feedback will help us continue to improve our workplace for all our employees. Thank you.

Wishing you all the best in your career.

Good for some time but no career prospects
Accounts Payable Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 July 2018
It seems as though the company does not want to improve, any automation or change is met with rejection from all management. I saw a lady get fired while all she wanted to do is make everyone's job easier. Some people work there for years on contracts so the company doesn't have to give them benefits. It is not a bad job is one doesn't care about having a career or the company. The directors have hard time understanding what is happening at lower levels and many times can't manage well because of that.
Pros
nice cubicle, clean, flexible hours, coworkers are generally nice (to your face at least)
Cons
not enough supervision, many unqualified people, no leadership
Work to serve
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 November 2018
Through out my day at work, I am serving various types of providers. This could anything from submitting claims, to viewing statements and reviewing claims to figure out payment.
17 December 2018

Thank you for your feedback on what a typical day working as one of our Customer Service Representatives is like. You are an important part of our brand as a company. We pride ourselves on employing positive individuals like you because you are passionate in delivering excellent customer service to our providers and, by extension, the members we serve. Thank you for all that you do. Your work is valued and appreciated.

Great people to work with
Consultant (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2019
One of my best contract ever. Very supportive and encouraging team against a challenging work. My first project on osgi-microservices. Learned a lot. Delivered a lot too.
10 January 2019

We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed your time at Express Scripts Canada! It’s nice to know that you found the work challenging and your colleagues supportive and encouraging.

Thank you for sharing your opinion. We’re grateful for the work you did and wish you success in your future endeavours.

Pleasant
Associate Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2018
PMO team a great team, supportive. Really offers work life balance Normal work hours. Manager/ Sr Director offered guidance with new ventures assigned.
21 December 2018

We appreciate you taking the time to provide honest feedback on your time spent at Express Scripts Canada, thank you.

We have invested a lot of effort into fostering a culture of balance and are pleased that you were able to achieve a positive work/life balance while you were here. We also pride ourselves on offering flexible start and end times so it is great to hear that these initiatives are working for our employees.

Thank you again for your helpful feedback. We wish you well in your future endeavours.

Chaotic and disrespectful
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 June 2018
Express Scripts looks great on the inside but it's best described as chaotic. Management is only there to make themselves look good, take credit for other people's ideas and believe that it's best to micromanage everyone. One of the current Front-End Pharmacy managers has no pharmacy experience and believes that pharmacy issues are easy to resolve. The staff are treated like garbage, the REGISTERED TECHNICIANS are not allowed to use the full scope of their practice and if you try to find out why, you get told that "we'll talk about it later." This place used to be amazing to work at when SCI was handling the logistics. Now? Everything is terrible. Do not expect to be given the respect that you deserve, you won't get it.

If something goes wrong? Expect to be blamed fully for it even though it wasn't your fault.
Pros
9 to 5 hours
Cons
No training provided
Very tense workplace
Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 June 2018
We were not provided support during off hours, leaving us to deal with issues beyond our ability to resolve. Coaching is non-existent. When we tried to help each other we were told that was not allowed. Very much a leadership team who were not responses and not available. Training was terrible done by unskilled people.
Pros
Cons
Very messed up leadership
Terrible work environment
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC20 April 2018
If you work here you will never be recognized for anything good you do. You will be scrutinized for every little thing you do wrong and be reminded of it. Always understaffed. Management tries but you can't save a sinking ship. Hours are great (m-f 9 to 5) but management always expects you to do overtime.
Pros
Great hours (m-f 9-5)
Cons
You will be scrutinized for every little thing you do wrong
A typical day at work
Java Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 April 2018
Starting with a scrum call, following with a call with offshore team and another call if there were some issues, else continue with the development assigned. If there were any issues or requirements missing we were supposed to contact our SMEs allocated.
Pros
Free green tea, coffee, flexible work hours, location
Cons
Communication gap, dependability of one team on other teams
Good company for employees, not for contractors
Sr. Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 June 2018
Contractors are not treated in the same humane way the employees are. Can't work from home (no real reason for that, just a rule that was written ages ago).
Rotten to the core
Pharmacy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 January 2018
The pharmacy used to be fun. Great people, low stress. New management is absolutely horrendous. Micromanaging every aspect of our lives, both work and personal. Taking credit for the work of others. Throwing anyone under the bus. Wanting to be the centre of attention. Finding fault in the most trivial issues. Wanting to do everything because we aren't competent enough to do it the right way. Bully manager. Good people quit, or get fired.
Pros
Clean, safe, decent work environment, free coffee
Cons
Manager has no clue how to manage people. Anyone better gets fired.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.