Express Scripts

Express Scripts Employee Reviews

Canada66 reviews
Productive and Fun at work place.
Nice work culture and colleagues are so friendly. Productive and Fun at work place. Challenging technologies are always ready to explore at Express Scripts.
Productive and great working experience
Productive and great working experience. Everyday was busy working on meeting project deliverables. The Senior Management team was very supportive to the project team members. The project team that I worked with was very collaborative which is what made the job enjoyable.
Pros
Great company culture
Na
I have no comments, the workplace is just great. I totally recommend anyone to pursue a carrier with express scripts. The incentives and people are good too.
excellent
great place to work- you will get good experience Colleagues amazing and generally teams are very cooperative . Agile work methods used. this makes teams very helpful
Relaxed Environment
The culture is relaxed but professional. The coworkers are friendly and helpful. Management is willing to listen to employees suggestions for improvements.
Very nice place
It was very nice company. My manager was real gentleman. Package was very old package. Generally people were very nice, kind, supportive and they help me in any subject.
Flexibility
For the last 10 years of my employment with Express-Scripts, I had a home based office. I appreciated the flexibility with the work hours (start between 8-10:00 am). This allowed a good work/life balance.
Management listens but expects you to come with a solution to your challenges. There is the opportunity to grow within the company.
It used to be better.
Besides the fact that the company has gone the way of sending work offshore to India, which I believe degrades the company moral, I can't believe how poor the current managers are at managing their employees these days. Work pace probably adds to these issues as well.
As a result of these 2 issues, product quality and employee moral has really suffered compared to what it used to be.
Pros
Pay is decent
Cons
work life balance is an issue
Not a good company..
Highly incompetent
management . Would recommend anyone to this company . Very political environment. Work is not appriciated. Please go work somewhere else
10 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review. It’s unfortunate that you felt your work was not appreciated. We make every effort to acknowledge the contributions of our employees. We have several recognition programs that employees, managers and executives can take advantage of to recognize their peers or anyone at any time. More formally, we also recognize the achievements of our employees at town hall meetings which are open to all employees and are held regularly throughout the year. We have also begun to highlight the achievements of employees via our social media channels. Recently we highlighted an employee on social media who was encouraged to make a lateral move into a more challenging role. We are sorry you weren’t able to benefit from any of these initiatives. We wish you the best in your career going forward.
Not the best place to work
If you are looking at life/work balance then this is not for you. You work hard going above and beyond but when it comes to compensation in time in lieu then they treat you like a child.
4 December 2019
Thank you for your review of our company. As a result of our continuous innovation in the Canadian marketplace, we are indeed a fast-moving company. We thank you for your hard work and regret that you feel you are not achieving a good work-life balance. Our workplace policies are designed to allow employees and managers to balance the demands of the workplace with employee's personal time, and occasionally this is difficult to do to everyone’s satisfaction. Please feel free to talk to your manager about your concerns. If you aren’t comfortable talking to your manager, please bring your concerns directly to the Human Resources department.
Strong Organizational Values
As a contract employee I was thrilled that I received annual bonus as if I was permanent. I enjoyed going into the office and the people I worked with were great!
This organization truly does exercise their corporate values.
2 December 2019
Thank you for posting a review about your experience and our organizational values. We are very proud of the thought and effort that we as an organization put into our work culture. We believe that we have to live our commitment to our organizational values, and we are very pleased you experienced this first hand.
Needs improvement
Improvement is required in MANY areas of the company. Very fast paced. Under appreciated for hard work. Unable to succeed or grow within company unless you are favoured by upper management or "know someone". Worked there for 5 years, moved around (very difficultly). Was never happy anywhere, mainly because of the management and the culture.
2 December 2019
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your time at Express Scripts Canada. We are indeed fast-paced, as we work very hard to provide our clients with outstanding service. This often requires that we put in extra effort to make sure our projects are completed on time. However, we’re sorry that you felt unappreciated during your time here. We strongly encourage employees to take any concerns they have about the work culture or their career to their manager or to our Human Resources department. We hope you are satisfied with your current role and wish you the best for the future.
Focused Workplace
My contract assignment was successfully executed in the time allotted. People were responsive and dedicated, and there were no information silos.

This is a mandatory review required by Indeed, otherwise I would not be posting this. As a consultant, I come in, solve a problem, and leave. I don't really care about the typical day at work, the culture, or the management, unless it interferes with my assignment...it didn't, my project was successful, and the people did their jobs.
11 October 2019
We appreciate you posting a review. Your feedback is critical to us as it helps us identify any needed improvements, and it rewards us by identifying positive aspects of working at Express Scripts Canada. We are particularly pleased that you noted the responsiveness and dedication of our people. Express Scripts Canada is dedicated to providing better health outcomes, and our people are at the core of our efforts. We thank you for your contributions.
Flexible schedule - great coworkers
Working at express scripts allowed me to go out of my comfort zone and learn a new career.
Great training tools and support is always given.

Very hands on company and great work ethic.
26 September 2019
Thank you for your comments! Express Scripts Canada takes great pride in our efforts to create a supportive environment where employees are encouraged to develop new skills. We rely on the contributions of our employees because, like you, each of them brings a variety of experiences, ideas and dedication to their work. We believe that we’ve done some great things as an organization and with the support of employees like you, we believe the sky is the limit on what we can achieve. We’re very pleased to hear you have found your experience at Express Scripts Canada to be positive and we trust you will continue to learn and grow with us.
Management goal is to make your life miserable
Management is very bias. I get mentally tortured all the time by my supervisor which has impacted my mental and physical health. This place will drive you crazy because of the kind of management they have. Do not bother going to HR as they will do nothing for you. This place has hired the most incompetent team leaders ,supervisors and the managers. You have no place to go and complain. If you go to your manager to complain about your supervisor, management would not listen to you and will make it more difficult for you. In a nutshell stay away from this place. Mangers,supervisors and the team leaders and unethical, rude, disrespectful and incompetent. Yearly evaluation is the biggest joke which is not based on our yearly performance at all. Micromanagement is rampant. Gets confusing when one manger overrides another - which leads to a miscommunication.There is no appreciation for a job well done- just the opposite actually. They will look for any reason to write you up or suspend you. The work culture is toxic and chaotic. Your concerns are never answered. You find that you are basically ignored.They do not seem to care about their employees. the supervisors could use more training on how to manage staff and behave ethically. Environment sucks. Manager/Management does not have COMPASSION for you, they just want to make your life miserable. This place has terrible management that will screw you over horribly no matter how long you've been with the company.
18 September 2019
Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. We take your comments very seriously and we are deeply concerned that your experience is causing you I already distress. Express Scripts Canada considers a positive work environment and the health and well-being of its employees critical. We have policies in place to ensure our management and staff act with integrity and compassion at all times. Please contact the Director of Human Resources directly and register your concerns. If you are not comfortable doing so, you are encouraged to report any violation of our code of conduct to the Ethics Help Line. We have a strictly-enforced non-retaliation policy so you need have no fear about filing a complaint. All complaints are thoroughly investigated and actioned as required. We are committed to providing a safe, healthy working environment for all our team members and we hope you will help us improve.
mixed workforce with some long-time veterans with a large component of turnover
New senior management at top and second tier so difficult to provide an evaluation at this time but some apparent turbulence at beginning of year. Much turnover is not transparent.
18 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We’re interested in the opinions of current and former team members and we’re glad to hear your views.

Our new executive team members have varied backgrounds and experiences and this will help us position Express Scripts Canada for success in a rapidly changing environment. Also, we are fortunate to have a large number of people who have deep experience at Express Scripts Canada. This combination of a new executive team and experienced staff gives us the ability to deliver on our promises to our clients, patients and employees. We hope you will provide more feedback soon.
Fun workplace
I’ve worked at Express Scripts for 4 years and have enjoyed my experience. Innovative company always looking to improve the workplace experience. Great work life balance, work from home option, summer hours (half day fridays) and great paid time off! 4 weeks to start. Full benefits (80% coverage). Casual dress code (unless working directly with clients). Company matching retirement plan (up to 5%). Bonus program and annual pay increase depending on performance. Good outlook for the company.
27 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave this excellent comment. We work hard to meet the expectations of our employees, and we are happy to hear that we hit the mark for you.
Great work life balance/ decent pay-benefits
I’ve worked at Express Scripts for 2 years and have enjoyed my experience. Innovative company always looking to improve the workplace experience. Great work life balance, work from home option, summer hours (half day fridays) and great paid time off! 4 weeks to start. Full benefits (80% coverage). Casual dress code (unless working directly with clients). Company matching retirement plan (up to 5%). Bonus program and annual pay increase depending on performance. Good outlook for the company, looking forward to see what changes are in store.
7 August 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at Express Scripts Canada. We believe that when you work at Express Scripts Canada, you work with great people who experience many opportunities for personal growth and development. We are committed to finding even more ways to improve the work experience and we’re pleased you approve of our efforts to date.
We’re grateful for your comments and your continued efforts.
Discrimination by the Management
Management is the worst in this company, they will discriminate you for everything specially if they do not like you and you are not one of their favorite person. They will even discriminate you for the age as well. I have noticed that the Management is always targeting some people in the team meetings and putting them down in front of the other staff members to humiliate them specially the ones who are not their favorite employees..Managers and supervisors are arrogant and lack work ethics.
Pros
Location is great, its close to some nice restaurants and banks
Cons
Bad managers and supervisors
25 July 2019
We’re sorry to hear about your experience, and we thank you for raising your concerns. We want to assure you that discrimination is contrary to the standard we set for our organization. We hold ourselves to a very high ethical standard and we take our policies around diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination very seriously. These policies are not one-time efforts, but an ongoing endeavour to create a culture where everyone feels secure, respected and accepted. As you know, we require that every employee participates in a series of training activities that help to ensure we all act with integrity. We encourage all employees to report any suspected violation of our code of conduct to Human Resources or the Ethics Help Line. All complaints are thoroughly investigated and we have a non-retaliation policy so an employee has no fear about filing a complaint. We are gravely disappointed that your experience seems to have contravened our policies and would like to learn more. Please feel free to contact the Director of Human Resources directly. If we don’t hear from you, your feedback will be considered as we continue to make our work environment better.
Started strong, now on a rapid decline
I left my job after a decade at ESC and haven't written, as I wanted to remove emotion from my posting. I hope people can gain from this post.

My time started great, positive, excellent leadership (a decade ago). The wage was reasonable, the tasks were reasonable, and I was happy. Then, one poor decision piled on top of another, and a horrifyingly toxic environment was born.

ESC is just the worst environment you could imagine. I feel like I was screaming at the top of my lungs, yet was never heard. The annual survey is a joke - nothing comes of it. When management speaks to it in meetings, they absolutely ignore the issues at hand, and focus on the menial things.

The middle-to-upper management is the true issue here. The worker bees are great, and too loyal to have stayed for so long. Management doesn't listen, and to put it simply: you ask for a spoon, they give you three forks. A potluck doesn't ever make up for true nature of the organization.

I didn't realize how poor my emotional health was, until I was away and at another employer. My life has improved significantly, both emotionally, physically and financially since leaving ESC.
Pros
good number of PTOs, work at home opportunities
Cons
toxic environment, terrible management, low pay, benefits decreased
25 July 2019
We regret that you felt unheard and underappreciated during your time with us. The health and happiness of our employees are of paramount importance to us and we are sorry this was your experience. We take reviews from our employees very seriously and use a number of methods to gain insight into the employee experience. The employee surveys are indeed valuable to us because the thoughts and ideas our employees share with us help guide us when we make decisions around how to make our company a better place to work. For example, based on the feedback from these surveys, we introduced policies around flexible work hours, work from home and summer hours. Based on employee feedback, we also introduced a discount on a fitness membership and an anonymous employee assistance program. We show our appreciation to our employees in other ways too: recognition program and service awards, annual BBQs and lunches, Indigenous peoples awareness events and, yes, even a potluck or two.
Thank you for the contributions you made to our company over your ten-year tenure with us and, rest assured, your thoughts matter to us and will be incorporated into action plans moving forward.
No Comment
This is not relevant to my search for new opportunities. Therefore I have no comment. Requiring this information is making me reconsider using this service.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Scripts. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K