Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

Found 172 reviews matching the search See all 5,585 reviews
all good
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  1101 finch ave west4 December 2018
for good employment opportunities there is so much that i can thanks for the positions obtained by this company so get the money that i need for this life
worked various places through this agency
Office - Administrative - Warehouse Work (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2018
Good work. Main work was being sent on jobs to warehouses to do different tasks such as labeling, packaging and intake orders. Had to prepare work according to the work order provided.
Reliable source of temp work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 November 2018
Express is the best company to find you labour jobs. You can trust them and even call them again for work.

Both the advantages and disadvantages come from the nature of temp work.
Pros
Flexible, reliable source of work
Cons
No benefits
Went into 2 different Express Professionals office
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2018
I applied for 2 different jobs and went into 2 different Express Professionals Offices. The first one, was in Central Edmonton. The lady there was nice, and gave me information. Although I did not get a call for the job I was applying for. The second office was at the Southeast location. The person that I had an appointment with was late getting to me because she was too busy socializing with another client. Talking about what they are doing, etc. Then when I was called in, and I felt like an old person looking for a job talking to a 20 year old with no life experiences. I felt like I was not taken seriously, and I also did not get an answer for the job that I was applying for. (Yes I am qualified for what I was looking for). The so called interview took 5 minutes. What a waste of my time. I felt like this was a high school environment with clicky girls. Disappointed and not impressed. Won't be recommending this Company to anyone.
Lies
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 November 2018
I responded to a craigslist ad for a specific role only to be told there really wasnt that exact position, she just wanted to "reel people in" (her words not mine).

So i talk to her and go over a possible assignment and after about a week I get that asignment because they were to busy to start sooner and aparently had nothing sooner.

Im not going to get into details, but it was nothing like she had explained to me. It wasnt the type of job I was looking for. I told the front office manager i didnt like it and please switch me, she said the case manager ( or whatever they are called ) was away and cant do anything till shes back, thay was a tuesday. On friday after no response or anything I said i dont want to return there please switch me. She said good luck with your job search good bye.

I felt like i was lied to and that what I was looking in a job didnt matter. As long as they have a body filling a role they dont care.

I would suggest sticking it out and finding a real job, indeed makes it really easy.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Lies to get you into a position
Fast pace,high energy work environment
Administrative Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 October 2018
Fast pace and high energy sales environment where multitasking is key. There is a lot of training available to new staff. It is an autonomous environment where all staff are held accountable for what they produce.
Does not care at all about jobless people
Job Placement (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON11 October 2018
These employees at Express employment don't care at all about people and only care about themselves. I was asked for references 3 different times and gave them my references each time to be told they were lost and I needed to resend? After a month of waiting for the Express job search to place me I gave up on this useless company. I do not recommend anyone coming here.
Usually A Good Place to Work
Search & Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 September 2018
Should have been a fun environment, but was made difficult due to faulty management style and unnecessary intimidation tactics. Shows an interest in further training, however that training is never followed up in a meaningful way.

Benefit coverage was excellent, just no pension plan.
Pros
Liberty to try new tactics
Cons
High Pressure Environment
Temp
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2018
they found me the job at UTI, for data entry, they do find you place to put you if you are a great fit for the company they want you to go to. they are about finding you the perfect fit
Temporary Placement Agency
Punch Press Operator / General Labour (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 September 2018
This agency only seemed to care about the employers they were serving over the employees. Frequently lied about whether an assignment would lead to full time employment, just to fill an employer's job requirements.
Lots of Hours but Saftey Is Ignored
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 September 2018
I was sent to unsafe job sites once or twice without the proper training. A huge positive is that there are plenty of jobs that you can accept that pay well above minimum wage.
Pros
Weekly pay, Industrial Jobs
Cons
Safety
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 September 2018
Learned different skills and was sent to various factory locations. Did what I was asked to do and helped out with many different tasks when co workers and the supervisor needed my help.
Great way to keep busy while looking for permanent job
Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 August 2018
I dealt with both Edmonton offices and was pleasantly with both. My recruiter worked diligently to keep me somewhat busy. The ladies were true rovk stars!!! The only downside was that it took 3 weeks for direct deposit to get set up, honestly a minor downside. Pay was above average.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
3 weeks for direct deposit
Temp agent
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 August 2018
Does not supply with enough assignments to exist. Judgemental agents. Not a secure agent to work for. Pay was ok when working. Don't look out for the worker.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Not enough assignments
Immediate Temporary Employment
manufacturer (Current Employee) –  Airia27 July 2018
This is a temporary employment centre. The primary purpose is to help connect you with employers in need of immediate help, with the possibility of the lead turning into full time employment.
The staff is very informative, focused on helping you succeed, and professional.
Pros
immediate employment, paid weekly
Cons
short term employment, at a reduced wage
Challenging and agressive
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 June 2018
1. 8-5 Job
2. Learned about Interviewing
3. Involves lots of Operational work
4. Agressive and Challenging Environment on day to day bases
5.Good Team work
Pros
Cons
Long Hours, Benefits, Wage too low
had working and proving yourself all the time at work
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON13 June 2018
you being sent to a company where you go and do not know who you are going to meet there
then reach there work with people from different background some would be happy to work with you others not but all you have to do is to keep on working so hard and proving yourself to the group that you can manage what they are doing.
able to use skills
Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 June 2018
friendly staff
many staff changes within company - not long in their positions
help to understand systems difficult - a lot of time spent hunting for info
Very occasional work.
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON30 May 2018
Friendly staff. Will telephone if job is available. Uses out sourcing. Tries to keep staff at regular location. Can assign alternative work if wanted by employee.
Pros
Very flexible.
Cons
Can be a long drive to work location
Express
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON28 May 2018
I applied for a job through indeed, little did I know it was through an employment agency. They called me the next day and set up an interview. I was under the impression it was an interview for the job I had applied for. All they did was ridicule my resume and my lack of experience without providing advice on how to change that. On top of that they want two direct supervisor references they can contact. I have had one “real” job and don’t have more than one. I left the office having wasted my time. If they are more focused on hiring for senior positions instead of for new grads then they shouldn’t have contacted me.
Pros
Cons
Unprofessional, rude

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Employment Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.

52.1K