Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

Found 180 reviews matching the search See all 5,854 reviews
Very unprofessional agency
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ontario3 February 2019
I applied for a job through indeed and instantly started being spammed by several different locations outside of where I was even located. I was happy to get a call inviting me to interview for the position I'd applied for. In the days leading up to that I was called by two other express offices who said they wanted me to come in regarding positions I had no interest in. Annoying but I didn't think too much of it. I ended up getting the job I wanted only to be laid off a couple days later because the twenty something training me didn't think I was the right fit. In the brief time I was supposed to be training with this girl I witnessed her making weekend brunch reservations, editing her friend's electronic wedding invite, frequently stepping away from her desk ( and me) to flirt with the men in the office, and responding to dozens of personal emails and texts. Not to mention she was late both days and made no secret about how she didn't want to be training. As you can imagine, I ( with flawless work history, two diplomas and a bachelor's degree) was not impressed. When I tried to reach out to my express contact for further answers I was basically ghosted. The best part is when I was awaiting payment and saw a penny had been deposited. I called furious and was told it was a test to check correct information yet nothing further was deposited. I was then told I would have to come down and pick up my cheque. Absolutely would not recommend to anybody!
Pros
Cons
No job security, unreliable communication, condescending attitudes from those with limited experience themselves
Terrible service
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON1 February 2019
Completely forgets about employees
Never get benefits
Don’t do their job properly
Unreliable and half the time unreachable
For a brief moment I relied on them as an income; i was told I’d be laid off work for about a week . That was two months ago ..
Cons
Major let down
Temp client
Picker (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON14 January 2019
Overall my expierence with express as a client has been good only thing I would change is communication. When I was laid off I wasn't even contacted I was just told I'd be notified the following week which never happened
Pros
Quick job access
Cons
Not long term
Terrible place to work, but under new mgmt now
Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON11 January 2019
Long hours with very low pay and no overtime pay, short lunch and no other breaks. Expected to do an impossible amount of work, and blamed if an associate does something wrong at work. Manager was demeaning to me in front of other employees, someone quit and I had to take on her job as well with no extra pay or empathy, and was still expected to perform the same amount of work. Almost never got to leave on time, and was expected to stay even if it was something that could wait until the next day. Was expected to know information about all associates off the top of my head even though there's a computer database with all info in it. Married couple that used to own it bickered all the time.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, low pay, no benefits
great people who truly care
shipper (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON23 December 2018
Great people, always look out for your best interests. If anything goes wrong you can just call them. Everyone in the Guelph office is really nice and helpful.
Pros
find you good positions
Forklift operator /warehouse
Forklift/warehouse (Current Employee) –  Edmonton Queen River Boat, AB19 December 2018
Generally get you decent assignments (3 mo per or longer).weekly pay but no benefits.nice people to deal with.sometimes the jobs are not described as sold
Pros
Weekly pay .enough assignments to get by
Cons
No benefits .sometimes not described as it is
Productive and Fun Place to work
Front Office Coordinator/Staffing Consultant (Current Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON18 December 2018
Great company Great Staff. They look out for your best interest at all times when it comes to respect and salary in the workplace.
I recommend them!!!
all good
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  1101 finch ave west4 December 2018
for good employment opportunities there is so much that i can thanks for the positions obtained by this company so get the money that i need for this life
Good communication between employer and employee
Crane Operator (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 November 2018
Continuous work provided with staff working with you to procure sustainable employment. Good communication between employer and employee. Overall, a good employer.
worked various places through this agency
Office - Administrative - Warehouse Work (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 November 2018
Good work. Main work was being sent on jobs to warehouses to do different tasks such as labeling, packaging and intake orders. Had to prepare work according to the work order provided.
Reliable source of temp work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 November 2018
Express is the best company to find you labour jobs. You can trust them and even call them again for work.

Both the advantages and disadvantages come from the nature of temp work.
Pros
Flexible, reliable source of work
Cons
No benefits
Went into 2 different Express Professionals office
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 November 2018
I applied for 2 different jobs and went into 2 different Express Professionals Offices. The first one, was in Central Edmonton. The lady there was nice, and gave me information. Although I did not get a call for the job I was applying for. The second office was at the Southeast location. The person that I had an appointment with was late getting to me because she was too busy socializing with another client. Talking about what they are doing, etc. Then when I was called in, and I felt like an old person looking for a job talking to a 20 year old with no life experiences. I felt like I was not taken seriously, and I also did not get an answer for the job that I was applying for. (Yes I am qualified for what I was looking for). The so called interview took 5 minutes. What a waste of my time. I felt like this was a high school environment with clicky girls. Disappointed and not impressed. Won't be recommending this Company to anyone.
Lies
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC5 November 2018
I responded to a craigslist ad for a specific role only to be told there really wasnt that exact position, she just wanted to "reel people in" (her words not mine).

So i talk to her and go over a possible assignment and after about a week I get that asignment because they were to busy to start sooner and aparently had nothing sooner.

Im not going to get into details, but it was nothing like she had explained to me. It wasnt the type of job I was looking for. I told the front office manager i didnt like it and please switch me, she said the case manager ( or whatever they are called ) was away and cant do anything till shes back, thay was a tuesday. On friday after no response or anything I said i dont want to return there please switch me. She said good luck with your job search good bye.

I felt like i was lied to and that what I was looking in a job didnt matter. As long as they have a body filling a role they dont care.

I would suggest sticking it out and finding a real job, indeed makes it really easy.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Lies to get you into a position
Fast pace,high energy work environment
Administrative Staffing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 October 2018
Fast pace and high energy sales environment where multitasking is key. There is a lot of training available to new staff. It is an autonomous environment where all staff are held accountable for what they produce.
Does not care at all about jobless people
Job Placement (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON11 October 2018
These employees at Express employment don't care at all about people and only care about themselves. I was asked for references 3 different times and gave them my references each time to be told they were lost and I needed to resend? After a month of waiting for the Express job search to place me I gave up on this useless company. I do not recommend anyone coming here.
Usually A Good Place to Work
Search & Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 September 2018
Should have been a fun environment, but was made difficult due to faulty management style and unnecessary intimidation tactics. Shows an interest in further training, however that training is never followed up in a meaningful way.

Benefit coverage was excellent, just no pension plan.
Pros
Liberty to try new tactics
Cons
High Pressure Environment
Temp
DISPATCHER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 September 2018
they found me the job at UTI, for data entry, they do find you place to put you if you are a great fit for the company they want you to go to. they are about finding you the perfect fit
Temporary Placement Agency
Punch Press Operator / General Labour (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON17 September 2018
This agency only seemed to care about the employers they were serving over the employees. Frequently lied about whether an assignment would lead to full time employment, just to fill an employer's job requirements.
Lots of Hours but Saftey Is Ignored
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 September 2018
I was sent to unsafe job sites once or twice without the proper training. A huge positive is that there are plenty of jobs that you can accept that pay well above minimum wage.
Pros
Weekly pay, Industrial Jobs
Cons
Safety
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 September 2018
Learned different skills and was sent to various factory locations. Did what I was asked to do and helped out with many different tasks when co workers and the supervisor needed my help.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Employment Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.

52.2K