Express Employment Professionals

Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

Canada330 reviews

Found 330 reviews matching the searchSee all 8,940 reviews

Great!

Express employment has helped tremendously, their staff are polite and friendly. I've worked for express employment since November and I've had a great time, I just wish I didn't have to work as a temp for them and could be hired into their team haha.

The company they appoint you to is great . Express employees will treat you like you’re just a number .

You are just a number to these people . Life doesn’t matter to them . They will start you below poverty . You need a second job working for them .

Great place to work.

Best part of my job is meeting people of all work of life daily, whose employment needs I could potentially meet. I also work with a great team whom I've learned and continually learn from.

Very helpful to find work

A very lengthy process.I missed one shift,Wasn’t given a second chance in Abbotsford.Langley office was helpful.Abbotsford office, staff are kind.Jobs need to pay a vey amount I believe

Pros

Regular, laid back job

Cons

Some jobs don’t pay industry standard

Very rude, they mess up payments and they never answer the phone

I don't recommend this agency, they always pay less than what they say and they post a job but when they call you they offer lower pay jobs and other day labour jobs.

Pros

Cons

Low pay rate, awful jobs and bad treatment

fantastic company culture with endless learning opportunities

Becoming an internal employee of Express is one of the best decisions i've ever made. I am surrounded by helpful, friendly coworkers who do their best each day to help me succeed. We work in a fast paced environment and it can be stressful but the team is always there to rely on. I am learning and developing professionally in such a short time with Express. They are so much more than a staffing agency, they are an amazing full service HR firm that i am excited to be apart of.

Pros

teamwork, incentives, competitive

Wont go any where else

From the friendly helpful manner on the phone to the pleasant staff when you go in for the interview process. These ladies help find the right fit job as fast as they can.

Pros

Amazing people to work with

Cons

Cant think of any

Will never work here again.

Too much stress and too little pay, it was very difficult to be happy here, they put a lot of job titles/responsibilities on one person and expect a lot.

Pros

No weekends.

Former Recruiter/Headhunter

The company has a lot of corporate red tape but the independent owners are what makes the job most enjoyable! Pleasant experience and you definitely need to hunt for job acquisitions, especially in a small city, but you get what you put in.

Cons

Corporate red tape

Fun workplace

Good place to be. Learn and move on. Friendly management. Co worker help each other. Time go fast and always busy at work. Break time is ok 3 time break a day.

Productive, efficient response and arrangement

Great experience, Vivien was very pleasant to talk to start from the beginning, very helpful with arranging all the interviews. Great people that you can talk to openly and honestly about what you want. I am enjoying my new job, the environment of the company is pleasant, welcoming. Thank you Express Employment for this opportunity!

Great people to work for

The management at Regina branch are a great bunch of people. Friendly, understanding and very approachable. I wish the positions weren't temporary

Pros

Perks and discounts offered continously

Cons

Jobs are temporary

Fast paced and repetitively doing the same task day in and day out

The management team at express are so unprofessional that they will take any thing that should be held in confidence and tell the employer just do they think of ways to be rid of you and when it’s time to breach your assignment they don’t have the professional ethics to call you but rather email you the bad head as they don’t line to be challenged nor do they want to explain the reasons why, they all need to return back to school and be disciplined on work ethics and how to treat their staff members when it comes to dropping the ball abs conveying that your job is done or you are fired, trust me , they always have a replacement worker lurking in the wings to take over your job and they don’t care as they are getting a handsome sum of money from you for every hour worked, it’s not coming out of their pockets , they still get their hourly pay check but the worker they canned means nothing to them as there is always someone else to replace you.

Pros

None to think of

Cons

Management is a joke

Hands on learning

Everyone from first contact was very pleasant to talk to, very helpful with completing all the paperwork required. They found a few job options for me, and placed me at the best suited, I am enjoying the new challenge, learning something new every day, the environment of the company is pleasant, welcoming, and helpful employees . Thank you Express Employment for this opportunity especially with the pandemic.

Did not enjoy

Working at express was very stressful. they wanted me to take an hour an a half bus ride to pick up my paycheck. When I asked them to mail it to the office closer to my house, they said no but they would mail it to me. Sometimes they remembered, sometimes they "forgot" and my check wouldn't come. When I did recieve my check, it always had a different amount of money even if i worked the same amount of hours and there was very little information on my stub so I would call them to ask about it and theyd get mad. Other agencies will pay you more and respect you and your time.

Pros

Able to get experience as they will hire just anybody

Cons

Being messed around with your pay

Super company to work for

I worked out of the Cloverdale BC office. You are a tempmory fill in worker at different jobs. They will send you to a site that fits your talents, if you find the job did not suit you that is ok. I had worked for Esso 20 years then Esso sold off all its sites so we were put out of work.. Not being able to find work I went to Express . They found me work right away. While working for them I worked at Potatoe Chip maker, Friut/veggie storter. 4 different Plastic Manufacturers. I was at one for so long that I got hired on full time there. They are proud when you do get hired on by company they sent you to. In fact during a slow time at my new job they sent me to a place I had worked at before so I could keep my hours up! Also you can book yourself off if you want to go away. What I love is that I had visited Express Professionals Ranch in Yukon Oklahoma with its Clydesdale Horse many times!

Pros

Finds you a job that suits you. Work 40 hours a week or what you want They care about you!

Cons

Really no cons

this agency is awful, if you do check your pay !!

I worked through this agency for 2 months and it was the worst experience in my life. because of it I will never work for an agency again. they massed up every pay check, and here is the thing mistakes happen but its never more money in your pay check. my pay check was always missing at least 20%. I never got paid for over time that I worked and they never take the blame, its always the other side didn't report it to them.haha, complete lie bc I was with renaissance for 2 years and they never missed a dime in my pay check and was the same company....please stay away !!

Pros

never respond to ur emails

Cons

nope

Wide variety of work

Good for different learning experiences. No guarantee to work though as it’s all through a temp agency. All the staff are nice and easy to talk too. They do a lot of giveaways for their staff.

Pros

Pleasant staff

Cons

No guarantee to work, Have to check in every day if you don’t have an assignment, Not all assignments pay decently to live

modern slaves

would not recommend express where I live if you paid me to do so, terrible management, poor communication, they blatantly leave out important details of the contract you have to sign to work with them. the fastest way to get several employers to not hire you is to work for express. 0/10 would not recommend

Pros

work

Cons

management, contract, lack of consistency, communication

Productive workplace

A great workplace fast paced learn the job quickly. Friendly environment. I enjoyed working for them. The staff is amazing to work with. The pay is good. Flexible hours

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

No cons

Excellent client base.

I have been with Express for over 8 years and they have kept me as busy as I want to be with exceptional assignments. I have worked with both offices in Edmonton and the consistency of their professionalism has been remarkable.

Pros

Manageable hours

Cons

Only occasionally short notice.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Employment Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4K