Express Employment Professionals Employee Reviews

fun environment to work in
Warehouse coordinator (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON12 May 2018
Express employment is usually work in warehouse. Early morning shifts. Clock in and repeat the daily work. Management is understanding and helpful. multicultural work environment. the hardest part of work was to repeat the task for 8 hours.
Pros
long lunch breaks
Cons
This company is no longer operating.
Oncall administrative assignments (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 May 2018
To the best of my knowledge this company is no longer operating in Kelowna and for all purposes has closed down. I have no other information in this regard.
good
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON2 May 2018
always busy
taught me to be more organized while working
management is not perfect
organized work place culture
waking up and coming to work like a hustler is hard
getting paid
Amazingly flexible people that are understanding and cooperational
TEMP / RELIEF WORKER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2018
Amazingly great staff had great experiences with working with them as a company they found me a steady place to work with good people a mix of other temps like myself and the staff of the company I was hired on for
Pros
Its like a temp agency without all the guess work
Cons
Often work passed the hours of operation
Good Student Summer Position
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON17 March 2018
Was a good student summer position that allowed me to save for my future. Provided a different and exciting work environment that has allowed me to advance my skills and obtain new ones.
best place for part time work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2018
Both ladies in the management were very cooperative and listened to us very enthusiastically. Not many places have this to offer. I wished they offered more money.
Great Employment Agency
Warehouse worker and package (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON3 March 2018
Great company to work with pay every week and good hours, with over time as well. Opportunities with multiple company's in many different work fields.
Pros
paid luches long/short hours.
Cons
being sent home for lack of work at job placements.
Very friendly and helpful staff
Administrative Support (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, ON2 March 2018
Very professional, helpful an respectful. Staff is easy to work with and will do everything they can to find suitable employment assignments.

I have worked on and off with the Georgetown branch for the past
two years and highly recommend them.
Liked to work for them when there was work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2018
they changed their staff in the offices and upset the balance of the company, its very hard to communicate between branches and if you work for more than one branch, they will take you off direct deposit for 2 weeks for processing
Pros
nice agent
Cons
no communication between staff, agents and contract workers
very easy place to work at
Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON20 February 2018
they had no problem helping me if i didnt know the job/ it was a temp agency but was run just like a buisness with nothing but great staff to help and provide the info when needed
Depending on which branch you work for...
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 February 2018
If you are lucky, you will be working with a well organized team.

In my case, the owners/managers where I worked ran the place while having different mind sets and unprofessional attitudes as they dunk a lot of work on you. Do not expect that they will keep a promise of an increase in your rate, or a promotion, or a spectacular result of your hardwork. Understaffed office and they take it personally when you call in sick.

I left the office because I ended up working both as a receptionist and a staffing scheduler/coordinator with no pay increase since I started, to think the minimum wage increased as of 2018. Expect to have no formal training (learned 70-80% of work on my own) and be scolded infront of other employees/applicants over small things.
Pros
No weekends, some applicants are nice to deal with
Cons
Long hours, understaffed, disorganize, low pay, unprofessional management
Overall a great experience.
Temporary Office Professional (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 February 2018
Express was Great. The nature of temporary work is feast or famine, however, the staff at Express do their best for their team. Pay is much better than other places who frankly on the explotive side when it comes to the people who are their bread and butter. Express really works for employee and employer.
Inside Sales Rep/Customer Service Rep/Receptionist
sales (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 January 2018
This was a rewarding and fun workplace until I no longer was able to work due to health issues which I have overcome. The Owner and employees were very helpful in training me.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
In the end of my tenure with this organization, the atmosphere changed due to the lack of incoming sales.
If you get injured they will proactively rub your name in the dirt
Temporary Worker (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 December 2017
I worked at as a mechanic for this company for about 1 month and a half after which I was injured at work. After getting injured they let me go and did everything in their power to lie and cheat the WCB system.
If you work for this company make sure you get everything in writing or you will regret it.
Very nice place to work.
Skilled Labourer (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK20 December 2017
I have always been busy working for express. They have always kept mne busy with work. They are courteous and very professional in there dealings with you.
Managament
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 December 2017
Seems like office staff does not like working their. Also takes three weeks for their direct deposit system to start processing youre check via direct deposit.

As an employee you have to write down youre own hours that you worked through the week and also get those hours reviewed and signed by upper management.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
Long hours, Not enough pay
No Jobs In Months
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canada1 December 2017
I have lots of skills from previous jobs, but due to a bad job experience and being let go, I had no choice but to go to them. May as well have not gone to them at all. No jobs, no return calls or emails half of the time. Don't bother. Them and adecco and both horrible companies
Pros
Cons
no jobs, little pay
Convenient location, great crew,
Production Line Worker and Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON29 November 2017
excellent customer service, friendly on-line viewing of your pay stubs, T4s, and any relevant information you might need for personal and legal purposes.
At the organization I was assigned to work on, I worked in the machine shop as a machine operator, working with a variety of press drill machines, and I had the opportunity to learn their operation as well as the sharpening of attention to details for quality purposes, I liked it.
Professional, friendly, and quick to respond.
Staffer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
After applying for the opportunity, I was quickly contacted. Everyone I have met and experienced with Express has been friendly, professional, and strong communicators. They answered my questions clearly and concisely. I had no confusion as I went through their process.
Pros
Professional, Quick
Cons
Perhaps too positive about your chances, although that is their job.
Great Workplace they placed me for work
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON16 October 2017
I enjoyed the one place they sent me for work and definitely would work there again if given the chance. The place I was working was called Distributech and the people there were great. A typical day at work would be doing whatever job you were placed at and finish it completely.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Employment Professionals. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K