Express Container Management

Express Container Management Employee Reviews

on call work

they would call or text you usually the day before to place and confirm your working area for the following day. upon completion of the task regardless of how short or long it takes, you can go home, or they will ask if you wish to work more at a different facility

Pros

on call work

Cons

inconsistent hours and work

21 December 2020
Good afternoon, thank you for your review we always appreciate your feedback and constructive criticism as it helps us build a stronger and better working environment for our employees. As we always do our best to update you with the status of work as much in advance and we can it does lye in the hands of our customers who are requesting the work, and as for the "inconsistent" work and hours, as a company everything we do is flat rate so we don't go by hours everything is based off of days and containers. We are very busy however sometimes there are rail delays which do compromise work at locations.

Great company if you like hard work and good money.

Great management and co-workers. We have fun all day lifting heavy things and are paid quite well. We get to approach our work at our own pace and can take on as much work as we'd like.

Pros

Pay, flexibility

Cons

Unloading containers is not easy and not everyone can do it.

Productive and fun team to work with

The company give you a wonderful rate, great supervisors and excellent service from the dispatch crew. The supervisor always check and you and help as much as they can

Pros

Free rides and bonus

Cons

Lots of availability

Fast Pace, challenging workplace with a great atmosphere and management team

I have been with Express Container Management for over 3 years, during this time I have learned so much about logistics and management. I have worked very hard and have advanced with the company 3 times where I am now a manager in the Ontario Branch. It is a great company to work for and everyone is so hardworking and friendly. We care about our employees and want to see them grow as well.

Pros

great team, very accommodating

I make 60k a year please read to understand

So you guys understand like every job there are a large variety of different techniques you can learn do help you do your job super fast , you need to be willing to learn or it will look hard. If you want to learn more techniques you just ask the company to teach you and they will be more then happy to help you with that but you have to speak up !Most of guys I have seen work alone doing 2 containers a day the more experienced guys do 2 or 4 alone making 200 to 400 daily .as far as partners are concerned just learn as many techniques as you can and I promise you as a team you can do 4 Containers in 6 to 8 hours! Making 200 a day as a team The key to be successful in this trade like any other trade is to speak up and ask to learn new ways to do your job faster and promise you will 48 to 55 thousand a year and it can only increase from there

Pros

Choose your own schedule

They pay you by trailer to get around the minimum wage

I would give zero stars if I had a chance. The most containers you can do in a day is three, so you get a maximum of 150 a day in 10 hrs of work. You mostly only get to do two containers in a day depending on the product you’re handling, so only about 100 a day. Rather work at McDonald’s for such low pay. Basically slave labour. Paying you by container is just a way for them to get around the minimum wage. Don’t work here.

Pros

Cons

Low pay, hard work

21 December 2020
We are very sorry you had this kind of experience with the containers and product that you were handling at our locations. Yes we do pay by the container but rest assured you are making well over minimum wage, should you have come to us during your time of employment we would have absolutely taken a look into this. We very much appreciate our employees and all the hard work you put into unloading / loading of containers and we always do our best to resolve any issues especially those of pay. We do service multiple locations throughout the Calgary area and as a result are able to schedule you to another location after your first has been completed. We always ask that you message us for more work should you be available. Thank you,

Hard work, but great people and good environment

Working with ECM is hard work physically, as is any warehouse job.They dont pay per hour, but paid per job, which can be a good thing if youre not slow or lazy, earning potential is good if youre quick and focused.If you break down your pay for the "Average" warehouse worker it works out to $19-$20/hour, if youre fast as I am, I make about $30-$35/hourNot the right job for people that are not physically fit, or people that want to coast by. Management are friendly and helpful. In terms of warehouse jobs, Id put ECM in the better end.Some jobs are super easy and some jobs are difficult, but that is warehouse work. if youre not willing to work hard you wont succeed.They helped me out a lot during COVID as jobs elsewhere were not easy to find.

Pros

earning potential, laid back management.

Cons

physical, different locations regularily

Not a good place to work

Was not payed fairly. They owed me money and refused to pay because I never had proof of my work. Not a good place to work at, I would not recommend working here.

21 December 2020
Thank you for your review and we are sorry about your experience with ECM. We can assure you that we take all necessary actions and step to ensure we pay all the employees equally and fairly based on their work. To ensure this we have our myECM app, when used by the employee correctly will ensure you are checked in and out of containers and paid correctly for all work completed. Thank you,

Back breaking, Mostly "grimey" work places, and fast paced. But, actively exercising and good money (sometimes)

It was labor intensive, dispatch system was 50-50 when it comes to proper coordination, 60% of it was unfair workloads no matter if you're experienced or not, and you're sometimes not fairly compensated for your work (because back when I worked here, it was just commission/"piece-work" based). Inspite of it all, the management is mostly supportive and collaborative, you get a good weight training exercise, physical coordination improves, and good money for those go above and beyond.

Not a place you want to work for.

The management is absolutely horrible. They consistently tell you there is no work while numerous employees they favour get all the jobs/easy work. They start you off by giving you the trailers that none of their favoured employees want to do, they don’t answer TEXT messages if there is no work for you they leave you stranded. They expect you do do everything for them with no help from the company in return. Worst experience I had with a job ever.

Jobs at Express Container Management

See more jobs

Reallyyyy unstructured place

Shifts are unreliable, and some days are much longer than others. I worked one day for 4 hours and got direct deposited $14. The place is run without much thought including the hiring process too. I wouldn’t recommend anybody working here, because it’s not a job. Work is physically demanding, and the some supervisors are very unprofessional. I’d give it a 0/10 but the locations are somewhat okay.

Decent hours

Express container management they have very flexible hours to fit in with your daily schedule. You do not get paid by the hour so the amount of work you put in is the amount of money you earn back. Shifts are not guaranteed throughout the weeks as they do not have a set schedules when the employees are to come in. The pay gets messed up every now and then.

Productive and Easy Going Work Place

Express Container Management is a fun and reputable company to work for. It is a fast paced environment with a lot to learn everyday, management is nice and respectful, and the company provides great advancement and growth. Each department within the company has a great response time when it comes to questions / answers. Overall I would recommend this company to others.

Hard work pays off

Its a great place to work . All team members are very helpful . Lots to opportunity to learn and grow with this company . Great work culture and pay .

Pros

Opportunity to grow

Cons

Typical work day at work

Sometimes you get work when its busy sometimes you dont get work for 3-5 months. If you do get work its a hit or miss on if its a good trailer or a bad trailer. Good job for quick $ weekly

Good place for flexibility and for physically active people.

A great place to work if you enjoy being physically active. Some days you can make a decent wage with hard work. Very flexible when needing time off. Wages vary depending on how you work and availability.

Pros

Great place to make a quick buck and get in shape.

Cons

Hard labor work.

Productive workplace

Good Work culture. Very good administration, supportive co-workers. I learned a lot during my tenure at ECM. Challenging projects which can make you a better employee to grow personally and professionally.

Management is unorganized and unprofessional, deal with day to day work hazards

No work structure or pay structure, different every time payis 55 dollars a trailer and some can take 8 hours with no bonus or benefits, lacking in safety and professionalism wait for work loads to show up on site without pay or any kind of apologies training for new people is a joke literally everyone that's been there longer than a day ends up training new employees .subcontractors that sub out the already subcontracted work and when you ask any question that deserve answers they describe them as out burst not recommended to work for this company unless u have time to waste and don't mind a rollercoaster of paycheques

Pros

No supervision

Cons

Some days no work and some days there is a potential to make 100 bucks before taxes, this place is a joke.

30 April 2019
We are very sorry for the misunderstanding, during the interview process, we do explain to our new employees how the pay structure works; we notify everyone that pay is based on container size and unloader speed; Safety is always address during the interview and by our On-Site Managers when at facilities.At the present time we count on a team of professional On-site managers that take care of training new employees; As per wait time, ECM is not responsible for the delay of containers however there is compensation when waiting at a facility and will need approval by the customer.We are sorry to hear about any paycheque issues; ECM is always happy and willing to address and make the necessary corrections in a timely manner.

Only work here if you want to be treated like garbage

I have worked here for over a year and have suffered 2 pay cuts in that time. This company will promise things like health benifits and job advancement, but its all a lie.

Pros

Cons

disrespectful management

1 May 2019
Sorry to hear about the pay cuts; we are always willing to hear about payment issues with our administration department; most of them are solved efficiently. Regarding to health benefits, must be a misunderstanding since we don't offer them. We do offer opportunity to grow to On-Site management position and is based on performance. We have promoted hard worker unloaders to On-Site managers positions based on their high level of professionalism, reliability, and good attitude.

Amazing Place

Amazing company to work, along side meeting new colleagues and having the opportunity to advance. A lot of hands on experience is available, company holds a lot of job fairs, and virtual fairs.

No job security and no benefits

U get paid by piece work and some can have good loads and if some has bad u can spend whole day unloading a can and not make much money at all. Also there are no benefits

Pros

f u havea good cans u can make some serious money

Cons

no job secity no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Express Container Management. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3Job security/advancement