Export Development Canada

Export Development Canada Employee Reviews

Canada48 reviews
Progressive company with great focus on people and career development. Wide range of opportunities. Wide range of age groups and levels of professional maturity throughout the company; from students and new grads, to professionals with 20+ years of experience.
Fun and diverse workplace with a vast array of opportunities available to explore. A typical day at work is no longer than 8 hours and management is supportive.
While EDC is financially self sufficeient it is still required to adhere to the restrictions of the government. There is still a lot of red tape and management is slow to change.

Further, due to the budget cuts, a lot of benefits and programs that made EDC a great place to work were cut.
Friendly people and great company, unfortunately, I just didn't enjoy my time there. Learned lots and was a great stepping stool in my career. Glad to have had the opportunity.
Hallmark thought me more about cleaning services. I learn more about time management. The team member make the job look so fun and enjoyable. They supplied us with modern equipment to work which make the work easy to do.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
I work for evening only for 4.5hrs
A heavy and fast-paced workload with a lot of overtime for which one is not compensated.
Some interesting training offered.

There is a lot of nepotism at EDC, this practice should have been banned 30 years ago.
EDC is an excellent place to work. Co-workers and management are friendly and care about your growth. The head-office has many facilities including a private prayer room, gym, and patio.
Great managers and projects available at EDC. Worked as a QA tester in the first year and then moved to a Lead Functional SME for the Accounts Payable and General Ledger modules upgrade to PeopleSoft 9.2.
The management has still room for improvements. HR has to be more active in the follow-up of the employees because in many cases the version of some managers could be biased.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Bureaucratic mentality.
Good place to work. No real complaints. People are nice and the location is great which makes it even better. Coworkers helped a lot to teach you everything.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Export Development Canada?
Great to help Canadian exporters and a great place to learn new stuff, not only about international trade but about the economy overall. Also, it gives you the chance to learn about financial and insurance products
It's a good environment where you feel a sens of contribution for the exporters a good team work and acquire more knowledge and experience and carrier advancement.
Good place to work, very good work culture and atmosphere. Pay and benefits are very good. Opportunities for advancement will always be available, but must remain in current for role for at least 2 years before being eligible to apply for another role.
The Best Job I ever had a professional work environment, working hours, envolving with hi level meeting, good benefits and work environment. everyday learning about business.
Pros
no parking
Cons
great future job.
EDC is a good place to learn early in your career, as you will likely get to work on interesting, challenging things, but a culture of back-stabbing and overwork makes it hard to grow in longer term.
This is a company that offers opportunity to grow by tackling challenges in a fast pace environment. Motivation is high to reach the targets, sometimes those targets are a little too ambitious to reach by the whole team.
Pros
Positive management
Cons
A lawyer at EDC is exposed to many facets of international financial law. We have the opportunity to work on transactions throughout the world and with leading law firms and lawyers.

The Head Office in Ottawa has a very good gym.

Benefits are good , although the pension plan has been downgraded to defined contribution.
Cons
Salaries have lagged the median.
A truly modern and vibrant workplace. The building, the equipments, that environment that truly reflects the diversity of the capital. You will never regret working here.
Pros
Up to date with technology
Export Development Canada was a wonderful place to work. I received amazing mentoring while I was in this role and still maintain those friendships I made
Culture is amazing, when you are lucky. Management is a hit or miss, if you get the bad ones (that don't believe in culture and come from private) try to change teams..ASAP
The director and I both started with great intentions. We put in a lot of time and effort but there was no executive support for our team so my superior and I both left.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Export Development Canada. Our community is ready to answer.
Export Development Canada Reviews by Location