Expocrete

Expocrete Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

I enjoyed my time at expocrete it was a very informative time there I learned many things and got experience on a few different types of forklifts overall a good place to work, not much room for advancement within the company though.

good place to be

I love it here. It's great to come to work everyday to a place that treats you well. the work is easy and the hours are straight forward. I enjoy the stress free work place.

Pros

good people

great job

is a great place to work, very challenging work and hard but i liked it. if given the chance i would work there again its a very good company and very great pay

When I left my previous very secure job of 8 years to work at Expocrete, I was extremely nervous of the situation. Expocrete is a very large company, yet they do not make you feel like you are just a number to them. The president, Vice Presidents and management are always very supportive. I have never worked in a place where upper management is not afraid to get dirty and do whatever job needs to be done to support the company, including the president working in the plant! After 4 years working with the company, it was the best choice I could of made and am very grateful to work with Expocrete.

Pros

Great benefits, supportive staff, competitive wages

Great Place to Advance in Your Career!

Expocrete is a growing and thriving company under the Oldcastle family. There are many opportunities here to advance your career. If you are hard-working, dedicated, and have a positive attitude you will be noticed for your efforts and rewarded. The summer months are very busy for most departments but can be more low-key in the winter months. To be successful at Expocrete you have to adjust to the different paces of work. Safety is a top priority at Expocrete! People really matter here.

Pros

Most of the People are Great, Excellent Benefits, Many Career Opportunties

Cons

Some negative employees that need to move on

A fair and growing company

The benefits are good, you get paid and rewarded for what you earn. Nothing is just handed to you, you have to work for it. Now owned by Oldcastle, a lot more attention is given to equipment upgrades and career advancement opportunities. Since the the company was sold I have seen a lot of people in the office, plant and yard change jobs and move up. The corporate office was moved to Acheson and every manager has an open door policy which is nice if you need to talk to HR or even the president. the company is still hanging on to some employees that resist change but because they are experienced with the production machines and Oldcastle values tenure, they are still here. They're good at what they do but are sometimes too controling and grumpy. Days are long and hot just like any other old plant. You must be physically fit. If you're expecting hand-outs, look elsewhere but if you're looking for honest hard work and opportunities to move up or change careers anywhere in the world, that's what it is.

Pros

Career Advancement, benefits, hands-on

Cons

A few unpleasant employees but most are good

Nice place to work

Expocrete is a part of a much larger organization called Oldcastle. This wasn't always the case. Since Oldcastle bought Expocrete - there seems to be lots of opportunities for advancement. One guy even got sent to the US for a promotion or something like that. The benefits at Expocrete are really good and there are no lay offs. If you work hard - you get noticed and get more. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the people. The worst part is sometimes days are long but not bad if you like overtime. Oh and a girl from the yard got promoted to an office job. That's cool.

Pros

Benefits, no lay offs, advancement opportunities

Cons

Long hours, dusty

Great Team, Productive Friendly and Fast Paced

I really enjoy working here. The days fly by. There is never a dull moment and the customers are excellent to deal with. Everyone is treated as equals the Executive team really go the extra mile to show the appreciation they have for the sales team. the company focused on safety. This company has been one of the best so far in my career to work for

This was a temporary job through a temp agency. No advancement. Just labour.

A typical day at Expocrete is a very early morning, arriving at work and stacking bricks off a machine for 10-11 hours a day, 5 days a week. management was concerned more with productivity then well being of employees and were not very polite about issues they had to talk about. Co-workers were alright but also lacking in manners. The hardest part of this job was showing up everyday putting your best foot forward for a very labour intensive shift and not advancing in the company, and having sore elbows and hands after week 1 of work from poor rotation of workers and machines.

Pros

No traffic on way to or from work. Early start early finish. Decent starting wage.

Cons

Dusty environment, poor management, poor rotation on heay labour machines, causing sore and stiff joints frequently. This job is who you know, not how you work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expocrete. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement