Expocrete

Expocrete Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

Great Place to Advance in Your Career!

Expocrete is a growing and thriving company under the Oldcastle family. There are many opportunities here to advance your career. If you are hard-working, dedicated, and have a positive attitude you will be noticed for your efforts and rewarded. The summer months are very busy for most departments but can be more low-key in the winter months. To be successful at Expocrete you have to adjust to the different paces of work. Safety is a top priority at Expocrete! People really matter here.

Pros

Most of the People are Great, Excellent Benefits, Many Career Opportunties

Cons

Some negative employees that need to move on

I really enjoy working for expocrete.

One of the best jobs I ever had. People are great. Gaining alot of valuable experience. Early shift hours for R and M department. Easy 8 hr shift. Good benefits. Profit sharing, boot allowance, precription safety glasses, molded earplugs.

Pros

Valuable trade experience.

Cons

Plant closing

When I left my previous very secure job of 8 years to work at Expocrete, I was extremely nervous of the situation. Expocrete is a very large company, yet they do not make you feel like you are just a number to them. The president, Vice Presidents and management are always very supportive. I have never worked in a place where upper management is not afraid to get dirty and do whatever job needs to be done to support the company, including the president working in the plant! After 4 years working with the company, it was the best choice I could of made and am very grateful to work with Expocrete.

Pros

Great benefits, supportive staff, competitive wages

A fair and growing company

The benefits are good, you get paid and rewarded for what you earn. Nothing is just handed to you, you have to work for it. Now owned by Oldcastle, a lot more attention is given to equipment upgrades and career advancement opportunities. Since the the company was sold I have seen a lot of people in the office, plant and yard change jobs and move up. The corporate office was moved to Acheson and every manager has an open door policy which is nice if you need to talk to HR or even the president. the company is still hanging on to some employees that resist change but because they are experienced with the production machines and Oldcastle values tenure, they are still here. They're good at what they do but are sometimes too controling and grumpy. Days are long and hot just like any other old plant. You must be physically fit. If you're expecting hand-outs, look elsewhere but if you're looking for honest hard work and opportunities to move up or change careers anywhere in the world, that's what it is.

Pros

Career Advancement, benefits, hands-on

Cons

A few unpleasant employees but most are good

Productive and family oriantated companies

A typical day at work was good. Working on a team. Management only cared about themselves. safety was their number one fundamental. cleaning. working with friends.

Pros

free coffee and dounts

Cons

long ahours

Nice place to work

Expocrete is a part of a much larger organization called Oldcastle. This wasn't always the case. Since Oldcastle bought Expocrete - there seems to be lots of opportunities for advancement. One guy even got sent to the US for a promotion or something like that. The benefits at Expocrete are really good and there are no lay offs. If you work hard - you get noticed and get more. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the people. The worst part is sometimes days are long but not bad if you like overtime. Oh and a girl from the yard got promoted to an office job. That's cool.

Pros

Benefits, no lay offs, advancement opportunities

Cons

Long hours, dusty

Not a good place to start a career.

A typical day at work involves, lackluster safety sense and enforcement, a general sense of dread from plant to plant, and most of us counting the hours till we can go home. I learned that a production style career is that of a depressing choice of work. Especially here at Expocrete. Most of the machines here are in varying states of being broken, and require almost constant worker intervention to keep it doing its job. The most infuriating part of the job is seemingly non-existent preventative maintenance, if every piece of machinery did what it was supposed to without the constant stream of faults and alarms,production numbers would skyrocket, but it seems like shutting down for a few days is just too much to trade. Employees are almost untouchable depending on how much you are liked by your boss or supervisor. Workplace culture is basically passing the job onto someone else who is already dealing with others BS. Most of us feel like we were "A"and "B" players who have been mistreated and had our concerns shoved back into our faces so we became "C"and "D" players and all the while management claims to have no idea why. I wouldn't recommend anyone with any self-worth or dignity to work here, because you will be driven mad about how such a large company can ignore it's employees concerns. Until then put on your happy faces and don't raise your voice.

Pros

Average wages

Cons

Terrible peer to peer interactions. Awful equipment. Favoritism.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expocrete. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement