Expocrete

Expocrete Management reviews

Clear

did not enjoy working here

company supplied no willingness to train for job advancement. Company management for employees was unfair and did not seem to care for the empowerment of workers.

Pros

learning about cement blocks

Cons

fighting to get forklift training

Horrible

Worst place to work. Easily the most uncomfortable work environment I've ever worked in. I was let go after filing a complaint with HR, literally the next day.

Stay far away

Very bad menagement Just lie To them employees, lot of favoritism no progress stat far away.

Pros

Cons

Menagement

When I left my previous very secure job of 8 years to work at Expocrete, I was extremely nervous of the situation. Expocrete is a very large company, yet they do not make you feel like you are just a number to them. The president, Vice Presidents and management are always very supportive. I have never worked in a place where upper management is not afraid to get dirty and do whatever job needs to be done to support the company, including the president working in the plant! After 4 years working with the company, it was the best choice I could of made and am very grateful to work with Expocrete.

Pros

Great benefits, supportive staff, competitive wages

Management only cares about themselves

It all about numbers. That Management does not care about the safety of the employee or the well being of them. They only care of the number and they don't care how they get those numbers.

Pros

free food

Would not recommend

I would not recommend or refer anyone to work here. Company first mentality they do not care about their employee's at all. horrible working conditions inside the plant.

Cons

Long longs, terrible shifts.

Productive and family oriantated companies

A typical day at work was good. Working on a team. Management only cared about themselves. safety was their number one fundamental. cleaning. working with friends.

Pros

free coffee and dounts

Cons

long ahours

Not a good place to start a career.

A typical day at work involves, lackluster safety sense and enforcement, a general sense of dread from plant to plant, and most of us counting the hours till we can go home. I learned that a production style career is that of a depressing choice of work. Especially here at Expocrete. Most of the machines here are in varying states of being broken, and require almost constant worker intervention to keep it doing its job. The most infuriating part of the job is seemingly non-existent preventative maintenance, if every piece of machinery did what it was supposed to without the constant stream of faults and alarms,production numbers would skyrocket, but it seems like shutting down for a few days is just too much to trade. Employees are almost untouchable depending on how much you are liked by your boss or supervisor. Workplace culture is basically passing the job onto someone else who is already dealing with others BS. Most of us feel like we were "A"and "B" players who have been mistreated and had our concerns shoved back into our faces so we became "C"and "D" players and all the while management claims to have no idea why. I wouldn't recommend anyone with any self-worth or dignity to work here, because you will be driven mad about how such a large company can ignore it's employees concerns. Until then put on your happy faces and don't raise your voice.

Pros

Average wages

Cons

Terrible peer to peer interactions. Awful equipment. Favoritism.

They dont care about there employee's

if you want to bust your butt and have no job security this is the place to go. If 'you don't mind getting abused and have no life after work. here you go, have fun. it sucks

Pros

Cons

management doesnt care about the employee's

Great Team, Productive Friendly and Fast Paced

I really enjoy working here. The days fly by. There is never a dull moment and the customers are excellent to deal with. Everyone is treated as equals the Executive team really go the extra mile to show the appreciation they have for the sales team. the company focused on safety. This company has been one of the best so far in my career to work for

This was a temporary job through a temp agency. No advancement. Just labour.

A typical day at Expocrete is a very early morning, arriving at work and stacking bricks off a machine for 10-11 hours a day, 5 days a week. management was concerned more with productivity then well being of employees and were not very polite about issues they had to talk about. Co-workers were alright but also lacking in manners. The hardest part of this job was showing up everyday putting your best foot forward for a very labour intensive shift and not advancing in the company, and having sore elbows and hands after week 1 of work from poor rotation of workers and machines.

Pros

No traffic on way to or from work. Early start early finish. Decent starting wage.

Cons

Dusty environment, poor management, poor rotation on heay labour machines, causing sore and stiff joints frequently. This job is who you know, not how you work.

Wonderful people, other than that nothing else good to say

Typical day at work was watching a machine and measuring stones before they were sent into the kiln. Management changed during my time there and I felt they cared less about their employees than the previous. The whole job was not a great experience, from sorting, to cleaning out the mixer it was a thankless job for very little pay. No room for advancement, also since I left they demoted the men I knew as supervisors down to general laborers.

Pros

N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expocrete. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement