Expocrete

Expocrete Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.5Job security & advancement

I enjoyed my time at expocrete it was a very informative time there I learned many things and got experience on a few different types of forklifts overall a good place to work, not much room for advancement within the company though.

I really enjoy working for expocrete.

One of the best jobs I ever had. People are great. Gaining alot of valuable experience. Early shift hours for R and M department. Easy 8 hr shift. Good benefits. Profit sharing, boot allowance, precription safety glasses, molded earplugs.

Pros

Valuable trade experience.

Cons

Plant closing

great job

is a great place to work, very challenging work and hard but i liked it. if given the chance i would work there again its a very good company and very great pay

Great Place to Advance in Your Career!

Expocrete is a growing and thriving company under the Oldcastle family. There are many opportunities here to advance your career. If you are hard-working, dedicated, and have a positive attitude you will be noticed for your efforts and rewarded. The summer months are very busy for most departments but can be more low-key in the winter months. To be successful at Expocrete you have to adjust to the different paces of work. Safety is a top priority at Expocrete! People really matter here.

Pros

Most of the People are Great, Excellent Benefits, Many Career Opportunties

Cons

Some negative employees that need to move on

A fair and growing company

The benefits are good, you get paid and rewarded for what you earn. Nothing is just handed to you, you have to work for it. Now owned by Oldcastle, a lot more attention is given to equipment upgrades and career advancement opportunities. Since the the company was sold I have seen a lot of people in the office, plant and yard change jobs and move up. The corporate office was moved to Acheson and every manager has an open door policy which is nice if you need to talk to HR or even the president. the company is still hanging on to some employees that resist change but because they are experienced with the production machines and Oldcastle values tenure, they are still here. They're good at what they do but are sometimes too controling and grumpy. Days are long and hot just like any other old plant. You must be physically fit. If you're expecting hand-outs, look elsewhere but if you're looking for honest hard work and opportunities to move up or change careers anywhere in the world, that's what it is.

Pros

Career Advancement, benefits, hands-on

Cons

A few unpleasant employees but most are good

did not enjoy working here

company supplied no willingness to train for job advancement. Company management for employees was unfair and did not seem to care for the empowerment of workers.

Pros

learning about cement blocks

Cons

fighting to get forklift training

Nice place to work

Expocrete is a part of a much larger organization called Oldcastle. This wasn't always the case. Since Oldcastle bought Expocrete - there seems to be lots of opportunities for advancement. One guy even got sent to the US for a promotion or something like that. The benefits at Expocrete are really good and there are no lay offs. If you work hard - you get noticed and get more. The most enjoyable part of the job is all the people. The worst part is sometimes days are long but not bad if you like overtime. Oh and a girl from the yard got promoted to an office job. That's cool.

Pros

Benefits, no lay offs, advancement opportunities

Cons

Long hours, dusty

Not a good place to start a career.

A typical day at work involves, lackluster safety sense and enforcement, a general sense of dread from plant to plant, and most of us counting the hours till we can go home. I learned that a production style career is that of a depressing choice of work. Especially here at Expocrete. Most of the machines here are in varying states of being broken, and require almost constant worker intervention to keep it doing its job. The most infuriating part of the job is seemingly non-existent preventative maintenance, if every piece of machinery did what it was supposed to without the constant stream of faults and alarms,production numbers would skyrocket, but it seems like shutting down for a few days is just too much to trade. Employees are almost untouchable depending on how much you are liked by your boss or supervisor. Workplace culture is basically passing the job onto someone else who is already dealing with others BS. Most of us feel like we were "A"and "B" players who have been mistreated and had our concerns shoved back into our faces so we became "C"and "D" players and all the while management claims to have no idea why. I wouldn't recommend anyone with any self-worth or dignity to work here, because you will be driven mad about how such a large company can ignore it's employees concerns. Until then put on your happy faces and don't raise your voice.

Pros

Average wages

Cons

Terrible peer to peer interactions. Awful equipment. Favoritism.

They dont care about there employee's

if you want to bust your butt and have no job security this is the place to go. If 'you don't mind getting abused and have no life after work. here you go, have fun. it sucks

Pros

Cons

management doesnt care about the employee's

Great Team, Productive Friendly and Fast Paced

I really enjoy working here. The days fly by. There is never a dull moment and the customers are excellent to deal with. Everyone is treated as equals the Executive team really go the extra mile to show the appreciation they have for the sales team. the company focused on safety. This company has been one of the best so far in my career to work for

Wonderful people, other than that nothing else good to say

Typical day at work was watching a machine and measuring stones before they were sent into the kiln. Management changed during my time there and I felt they cared less about their employees than the previous. The whole job was not a great experience, from sorting, to cleaning out the mixer it was a thankless job for very little pay. No room for advancement, also since I left they demoted the men I knew as supervisors down to general laborers.

Pros

N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expocrete. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5Job security/advancement