Expeditors

Expeditors Employee Reviews

Canada36 reviews
Not sufficient work available, and do not have enough orders for employing more workers. The management is great to work with but due to the abundance in the transportation companies has left expeditors with fewer customers.
They don't care about their employees at all. They will also make up lies about you even after you leave. Place is terribly toxic. Co-workers are fine but management are some of the rudest people I've ever met.
Pros
Nice co-workers
Cons
Management, hours, no work life balance
Worst place to work if you want growth pay is terrible it does not change. People are not honest.
Promotion not something that will happen there. A lot of unfairness
High expectation, but the very lack of training and resources, would not recommend this place. Too much politics, sweet smiles at the front, but hide the knife behind the back.
Training is not existing and when you seek for help they will deliver an empty promise or to see you struggle and drown.

Lying and manipulate, move Management blindly away from the truth. There is so much favoritism, it isn't funny. If they helped if only favor or benefit to themselves, cannot be trusted. A job isn't bad, but people just make thing more difficult for other hard to accomplish, also mean they are set you up to be failed.
Pros
The paid is okay
Cons
too much gossip, lack of training and favoritism.
Take my advice and move on if you are looking to work here. The management lack the basics of management. The problem is the core is misguided and will never get on track. It is all about bonuses and most management are blinded by bonuses no matter what they need to do. I am surprised there is no undercover news program on these guys.
Pros
Steady lower than average pay
Cons
Bad management
There is a lot to learn but as long as u ask questions you will receive proper training.
Everyone is friendly and well mannered.

Some days are hard some are better than usual.
productive work culture, management, and staff are very cooperative, we can learn and enjoy a lot from the job. The salary is good. I learned a lot from it. workplace culture is good.
a good company for people get to start career, lots to learn... knowledge about regulations, customs compliance, releasing. management is very good at expeditors. workplace culture is very decent.
I will rate it as Best company in Canada
They give so much space to work according to yourself as they believe in you, they trust you for your efforts and at the end they acknowledge your efforts.
A fast-paced environment and all the team members were very friendly.it was a great experience to work with them apart from this the company gives paid holidays.
Immediately you will get to know their corporate culture. It's a very professional working environment. You must wear business attire to work every day if you are okay with it. They have mandatory training hours that you must meet every year. The overall benefits are great. However, you may not be compensated fairly unless you produce the right result.
This job gave me so much stress it caused gastritis (peptic ulcer). Managment is a joke. If you're not their favorite, you might as well quit because if you do something wrong, not only will they send you a passive aggressive email, they will also hold it over your head forever. They lied to my face during the interview saying I'd have to work some weekends. LOL I worked every weekend. They also made me work every holiday and didnt even ask me if I could.
Pros
Cons
Management will treat you like dirt
work was light but management and other employees cause o much drama. every person is to invested in other people. management seems confused at times.
Pros
nice people
Cons
very unorganized
Typical day:
Processing Customs entries HVS and LVS

regular and Other Government Department, SIMA

all mode of transportation,

What I learned:

Paperless environment is awesome

Management:

This is a pure open door policy company

great managers

Workplace culture:

Expeditors 10 cultural attributes:Appearance, Attitude, Confidence, Curiosity, Excellence, Integrity, Pride, Resolute, Sense of Humor, and Visionary.

The hardest part of the job:

trying to do the 52 hours training while you have to many entries to process...

The most enjoyable part of the job

the managers and coworkers
Pros
Best Benefits plan of all, good vibe, energy
Cons
The wage
It is busy but you are rewarded for your hard work. Benefits are better than a lot of companies. Management is great! It is truly a great place to work.
A company that only cares if the work is done. Not many perks at this company. No space for growth. You have to have a college background to move further ahead.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
The management and training is horrid. I started a week after a new girl who received no training, and then she was the one who had to train me! Neither of us was given any resources or knew what was going on despite constant requests for assistance. The girl who trained me was yelled at in front of the whole office several times, taken off accounts and blamed for the problems. They then tried to put me in charge of their biggest account. Worried I would go through the same level of stress due to the lack of training and care, I left. Only stayed for 2 months. It was a very short commute, maybe 5 minutes. And the pay was low but decent for entry-level. Yet I still chose to leave due to the terrible management and stress.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No training, unprofessional
I loved my job at Expeditors. I left on Maternity leave and we moved to Las Vegas from Ontario Canada. I would like to work for them again but the location is too far for me to commute daily.
Pros
great job
Cons
too far a coomute
Came in fully open for learning and learning lots. wanting to grow and expand my knowledge in order to advance
In one building for two weeks, and handed an account after one week, then moved to another where it is like pulling teeth to get information of have accounts handed over for full responsibility. Guess some don't understand you are only as good as ones you train in order for advancement. In an ISO world, although not all up to date and usable if needed on fly, there are always working instructions in order to run accounts in absences or emergencies, the more you can train someone to run unassisted, the better for you, no thing as job security in business anymore
Incredibly high turnover made it difficult to perform. Stifling archaic corporate culture. Pay is bonus structured but not based on performance. Branch manager openly displayed favoritism.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent management
low salary, perfect benefit. Good life&work balance except for night shift. Only Windsor office has the night shift. Headquarter in Toronto is far more good than others.