Expeditors Employee Reviews

Expeditors
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2019
Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. engages in the provision of global logistics services. It offers airfreight services, ocean freight and ocean services, and customs brokerage and other services.
Employee Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 February 2019
It is busy but you are rewarded for your hard work. Benefits are better than a lot of companies. Management is great! It is truly a great place to work.
No space for growth here
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 February 2019
A company that only cares if the work is done. Not many perks at this company. No space for growth. You have to have a college background to move further ahead.
Benefits
Cons
Salary
Entry Level Position with pay to boot
DISTRIBUTION AGENT (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 February 2019
The position of Distribution Agent is an entry level position where basic Office suite skills will get you by. Management needs a serious look, major short coming of the company
Terrible Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 January 2019
The management and training is horrid. I started a week after a new girl who received no training, and then she was the one who had to train me! Neither of us was given any resources or knew what was going on despite constant requests for assistance. The girl who trained me was yelled at in front of the whole office several times, taken off accounts and blamed for the problems. They then tried to put me in charge of their biggest account. Worried I would go through the same level of stress due to the lack of training and care, I left. Only stayed for 2 months. It was a very short commute, maybe 5 minutes. And the pay was low but decent for entry-level. Yet I still chose to leave due to the terrible management and stress.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
No training, unprofessional
reason for leaving
Customs Broker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 December 2018
I loved my job at Expeditors. I left on Maternity leave and we moved to Las Vegas from Ontario Canada. I would like to work for them again but the location is too far for me to commute daily.
Pros
great job
Cons
too far a coomute
Training
Distribution Agent (Current Employee) –  brampton, Ontario15 October 2018
Came in fully open for learning and learning lots. wanting to grow and expand my knowledge in order to advance
In one building for two weeks, and handed an account after one week, then moved to another where it is like pulling teeth to get information of have accounts handed over for full responsibility. Guess some don't understand you are only as good as ones you train in order for advancement. In an ISO world, although not all up to date and usable if needed on fly, there are always working instructions in order to run accounts in absences or emergencies, the more you can train someone to run unassisted, the better for you, no thing as job security in business anymore
High turnover
Senior Customs Rater (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 October 2018
Incredibly high turnover made it difficult to perform. Stifling archaic corporate culture. Pay is bonus structured but not based on performance. Branch manager openly displayed favoritism.
Pros
Cons
Incompetent management
customs clearance is workflow work
Junior Rater (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 July 2018
low salary, perfect benefit. Good life&work balance except for night shift. Only Windsor office has the night shift. Headquarter in Toronto is far more good than others.
wouldn't recommend this place
Junior Rater (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON21 May 2018
would not recommend this place, there is so much favouritism it isn't funny. The management has her favourites and says she has an open door policy, ya sure then nothing gets done, there are so many people leaving the company and still nothing is getting done, there were a few people with many years that left because of the management saying the will take care of stuff and then not doing nothing
Pros
pot lucks are always fun
Cons
MANAGEMENT doesn't do anyting
A lot to learn
Air Import Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 July 2017
I learned a lot about freight forwarding during those years.
It's a fast pace job, and a lot of pressure.
Difficult to give satisfaction to clients, as they expect more.
DM is great!
Customs Rater, Traffic Agent (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 June 2017
DM for Calgary location is totally awesome. Everyone is very welcoming. Good company that certainly takes care of their employees, which is in line of their Values. Their employees come first then clients come next.
Pros
Everyone is friendly. And as long as you do your job well, job stability is there.
Distribution Agent (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 May 2017
Great place to work and opportunities to learn new things. Staff and management are supportive and friendly. Very professional manner to work with the clients. open door policy, safe environment, no late sittings, time accuracy .
Freight Forwarder
Domestic Cargo Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 May 2017
This is a great company and the training and management are excellent. I think this is a great company to work for the benefits are very good I learned a great deal working there.
Pros
the people
Cons
not resession prof
Stressful place to work in , no management at all
Distribution center & Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 April 2017
I have been working for the same company at Egypt for 6 years and i have really enjoyed working for Expeditors in Egypt and i have learned a lot , howevere working for Expeditors in Canada Brampton location is totally diferent as it is very stresful due to workload and staff shortage.
Also the management is not proffesional when it comes to choosing the service providers and even the company that provide services to the employees such RRSP. It takes years until you get hired,as they hire you first through an agency and also to get benefits you have to spend one more year ???.
Pros
free parking
Cons
Very long hours
productive and fun work place
Ocean Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  toronto canada9 July 2016
learned ocean export from Canada and USA. This company has locations worldwide, so I had the opportunity to communicate and work with my colleagues from all countries,
Productive company
Air Freight Agent (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2015
I lasted 8 months at this company and wasn't happy so i changed career choices. I love freight forwarding just not at this company.
very stressful job environment
Junior Customs Rater (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC8 November 2015
a very stressful job environment
working hours from 7:30 to 16:00
5 days per week
data entry
cominication with transportation companies/ importers
Nice place to work
Customs Rater (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2015
knowledgeable staff, lots of room to grow. Place only grows bigger and bigger, even as economy tanks. Interesting group of people working with you.
Pros
1 hr lunch
Buen ambiente
Asistente de Supervisor/Empleada (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2015
El dia comienza recibiendo las ordenes del producto a enviar,aprendi a manejar los scanner y los montacargas manuales,con buen ambiente de trabajo entre mis companeros.Lo mas dificil de este trabajo es levantar el producto pesado y lo que me gusto conocer gente nueva.
Cons
Aumento de sueldo

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expeditors. Our community is ready to answer.