Expedia Group Employee Reviews

a lot of smart people
Web Application Developer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 November 2017
The company has a lot of smart people trying to make the world better. So many good ideas everyday and working for this company is so much fun. Great company!
Relaxed workplace
Software Developer Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 November 2017
Laid-back culture. Challenging projects. Situated at a great place in Montreal. Easy to commute. Very Spring oriented environment. Great AWS integration.
Great culture and opportunities if you are willing to relocate
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Most of the jobs are available in the headquarters in Bellevue, Washington, and if you are willing to move there, there are great career advancement opportunities. Opportunities in other Expedia offices are minimal, but they design the salary window to allow people to stay at one position for more than 20 years if so desired.
Pros
free soda, bottled water, coffee
Awesome workplace ever
Application Engineer I (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 September 2017
Pros:

--> Great work-life balance
--> Competitive salary
--> Good workplace culture
--> Understanding management

Cons:

--> Poor onboarding process for new employees
--> Too frequent changes in management
Minimal bureaucracy - legit tech
SDE Intern (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 August 2017
Good people - little red tape.

If you're looking to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment with no-BS coworkers - you've come to the right place.

If you were planning to network your way up the ladder...that's probably possible here too sadly :/
Pros
Good people, solid tech
Cons
Low salary, too much networking
Fun place to work
Hotel Delivery Specialist (Current Employee) –  Montreal15 May 2017
super fun place to work, with lots of room to grow. Management trusts their employees, no managing. Long hours, but very rewarding and not taking for granted.
An Excellent Company to work for
Expedia Local Expert (Former Employee) –  Banff, AB14 February 2017
they have many different businesses so you can move around within the company fairly easily, the staff are awesome and a great way to meet people of different nationalities.
Pros
Staff accommodation provided at a low rent, location is amazing
Cons
small town with few actual locals
Really passionate sales teams and overall amazing people
Area (Country) Manager, Lodging Partner Services (Former Employee) –  EMEA16 January 2017
I have worked in EMEA in the Italian and UK offices and then in Auckland, New Zealand. Everywhere you get wonderful collaborative colleagues that want to work hard and have fun. Really great career progression and coaching culture, especially if one is mobile. Low turnover and the majority of time it is because of different industries or opportunities. Would definitely work there again and keeping all my ex colleagues as friends:)
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 October 2016
Great shift availability.
Learned how to be a team player with great co workers
Hardest part was dealing with failing servers/lost connections.
Great learning environment
Productive and very good group of employees
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON12 May 2016
while at work i would do all paperwork check machines run machine and load pallets. wrap pallets and move to shipping area,
INDEPENDENT VACATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Milton, ON12 May 2016
I enjoyed my time working there. It was a friendly atmosphere, lots of help if needed. I enjoyed meeting new clients and helping them have their dream vacation.
Fun work enviroment
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON7 April 2016
This was a great experience. I learned a lot about business and myself. The pay was extremely minimal for the hours spent researching for clients and sometime non existent if they suddenly weren't interested or just enquiring.
I enjoyed it was a lot of studying and learning about all the different suppliers and keeping on top of it. As well as learning the different databases used for reservations and whatnot.
The interaction with clients was great and I loved working to make them satisfied with every detail I arranged.
Pros
Fun, alot of client interaction, learned alot.
Cons
not financially rewarding, straight commision and must know a lot of people to succeed as a career
Great company, with clear vision
Sr Market Manager & Regional Director (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 December 2015
My 10+ years experience at Expedia Inc was very positive. A company that is competitive with a clear vision - To be the leading travel company globally.

They challenge there employees and invest in their continued growth and development. They empower employees and engage them in company decisions.

I highly recommend Expedia as an employer
Pros
Work - Life balance, competitive compensation
Cons
Must relocate for opportunities
Is highly productive.
Ops and Traffiic Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Delhi, ON9 August 2015
Great place to give a start!
Experience as a fresher is incredible in understanding Operations so closely and deeply with enhanced tools support.
Online Travel Agent
Online Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON5 August 2015
Responsibilities:
• Make arrangements for transportation, hotel accommodations, car rentals, tours, and recreation.
• Track record of securing sales and continually increasing customer referrals
• Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
• Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers
Friendly work environment
Floor Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Cairo1 June 2015
I had excellent relationship with my supervisors and coworkers. I had a clear job description which I never doubted what I am doing. Unfortunately the job was in rotating shift and I adjusted my self accordingly. I enjoyed my team dynamic and how we assisted each other
Pros
Medical benefit
Cons
Rotating shift
Great office, great people to work with everyday.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON17 September 2014
My role as Sales Manager at Expedia CruiseShipCenters, Ajax involved
many things, and kept me busy everyday. Mainly, I was responsible for
recruitment and staff training. We grew our team, hit our goals, maintained a set budget and kept moving forward, growing all the time.
The hardest part sometimes was staying on task, as I was always having agents come to me with questions, but the best part was watching them learn the products and destinations, and see the sales grow. I thrive in a team environment, and have learned over the years that every team needs a leader to set targets, and guide everyone along the way until we reach the end goal. Nothing more satisfying when you accomplish a goal as a team! "Every dollar counts!" has been my motto for my entire career.
Interesting
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Montreal, Quebec2 October 2013
Interesting place to wok.
Co-workers are cooperative and helpful.
However, the hardest part of the job is to collect information about your daily tasks.
But the enjoyable part is that the work is always done in time without any extra hours.
This is such a happy & fun job, I wish I had done this all my life.
Sales (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON25 August 2013
A typical day is one were a clients comes in & we discuss were they want to go & do on their vacation.
You learn after a few minutes exactly want they want & you get to plan it for them & the ultimate joy is when they return from their vacation & are so very happy.
Our Franchise owner is the best always accommodating, pleasant & also there when you need her.
I am very lucky to work with such pleasant & helpful co-workers, we all get along & even get to go to seminars & conferences together.
The hardest part of this job happened this week when a client came in & said that she had to cancel her vacation to Hawaii because her MIR was not what she expected & her doctor felt this vacation would be too much for her. It broke my heart to see her cry as she was so looking forward to this vacation.
The most enjoyable is when my clients return from their vacation & are so excited & they show me photos of their vacation.
Pros
Vacation perks
Cons
Having to deal with a client that has a health problem.
Very regimented envirnment
General Manager Travel Fulfillment Services (Former Employee) –  Nort York Toronto16 July 2013
Very regimented atmosphere with extreme stress.
Had an extremely demanding superior, co-workers were great and the most enjoyable part is the simple day to day gratifications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Expedia Group. Our community is ready to answer.