Expedia CruiseShip Centers

Expedia CruiseShip Centers Employee Reviews

Awful owner
Cruise and Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 December 2019
Was not allowed to take awards that was earned from suppliers the owner was a nasty lady who just wanted you money was lied to about being given leads to make sales
Great place to work - fabulous people
Self Employed Consultant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 December 2019
Wonderful place to work. Co-workers are awesome. Meeting people of all types and making them happy by sending them away - doesn't get much better. Solely based on commission so takes a few years to really get set up and have repeat customers.
Great Training and Great Perks!
Cruise Consultant (Current Employee) –  Whitby, Ontario, Canada16 October 2019
In the beginning I worked in the office, so I could learn from the veterans. The vibe was fun and informative. The perks are beneficial. The training is extensive.
Pleasant place to work it has great potential
Travel Consultant / Intern (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 September 2019
As you are your own boss you develop at the pace that suites you. The rewards come when you achieve the targets that you set yourself. Once you have acquired the skills that are needed to build the relationships that are needed things start happening.
Pros
you are in control of your time and achievements
Cons
It takes a while to acquire the skills and knowledge needed to become a reasonable consultant
Travel agent
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB11 September 2019
Wonderful place to work I just didn't end up having the time needed for the learning and searching for travel. It was a great experience that I am glad I got.
You are not valued as an employee
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 September 2019
No benefits, poor wages. Poor management. No room for advancement. Not valued as an employee. Management not interested in you or your career or opinions.
Easy going and helpful people to work with
Cruise & Vacation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 September 2019
I started with no experience and after 3 years of the most supportive employers with training and hands on experience, I am now a certified Consultant
Commission-based consulting makes for good part-time option
Cruise & Vacation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 June 2019
Great organization for those passionate about travel and wanting to assist clients in finding their ideal travel destination. Good work environment with excellent support and tools. However, consultants work on commission and the amount of compensation would not support someone needing to raise a family or pay a mortgage. Great for a retiree or someone looking to supplement their income with a "side gig."
Pros
Positive working environment, occasional access to travel deals, good technology tools
Cons
Commission only
Not there long enough
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 April 2019
I didn't work for Expedia very long so I really can't say anything positive or negative. Those who worked there really loved what they did and helped when they could.
New Recruits
Travel Counselor/Agent (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON8 April 2019
Not enough hands on help and training to new recruits. No one seemed to care abt my sucess or understanding of procedures. Costly to sign on $500. I enjoyed what i learned but it needed to be more in depth
Cons
Not enough help with training. Manager was not a nice/helpful person
Must be available 24/7 for clients
Travel Consultant (Current Employee) –  Alberta Canada3 March 2019
Commission only - no salary
Must be available 24/7 for clients
Must pay for any mistakes made when booking trips for clients - could be very costly
Online training good but it’s impossible to know everything about every destination - yet clients expect you to know it all
Cruiseline rate categories confusing
Pros
Discounted travel
Cons
100% commission. No salary or benefits
Easygoing, calm workplace
Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 February 2019
It was fun to work and volunteer at the agency. I did simple tasks such as organizing, printing, etc. The people are always nice and make you feel welcome, I recommend Expedia cruiseship centres.
Ok
Net Developer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC10 February 2019
It all depends on what you are looking for from a job. I only stay there for about a year and I know there are many employees have stayed with the company for many years.
Pros
Perks from booking on Expedia sites
fine
Coop Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 February 2019
I worked there for a co-op position in high school. I formed great working relationships with other employees and management. very friendly a team-oriented work place
Exciting to Assist clients with Their Travel Dreams
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC27 December 2018
-Calling former clients to invite them to Cruiseship presentations.
-Arranging air, accommodation, cruise and travel detail for clients
-Follow clients to ensure holiday experience is what they expected.
-The most difficult part was competing with internet offers where there was no service.
-Difficulties with airlines canceling flights or delays due to weather in order to reach cruise ship ports.
Pros
Fabulous staff
Cons
Working long hours on a cruise itenerary to have client cancel, Low commissions for the first few years.
Salary is for students
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 October 2018
You work your life away, People don't understand you don't get paid on searching trips for them unless they book. You're lucky if you make 5k per year!
Pros
work when you want
Cons
pay is all for Expedia not you!
commission consultant
Travel Agent (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 May 2018
If you don't want to spend time prospecting and creating work for you - you wont earn anything - this is tough commission sales and you must be really willing to work at it to be a successful travel agent - it might not pay the bills at first but with time you can be successful - isdral for office scheduled time to be successful
Pros
flexible schedule/on going learning and training
Cons
commission pay not easy to sell/TICO exam
Very respectful and accomodating
Intern (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON30 April 2018
Depending on the franchise owner, your experience can/may vary. My personal experience was lovely. My manager was accommodating and respectful along with supportive.
Never refused to offer expertise and also teed bits to better self.
Pros
Great team ethics
Cons
Distance
Flexible schedule and opportunity to travel
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Canada29 April 2018
Working as a consultant is a commission based role. Agents are given flexibility with their schedule and opportunities to travel. The retail stores are Franchises so each are run a little differently.The travel industry is always changing so you need to keep on top of these changes in order to provide the best service to the customer.
Pros
Opportunities to travel
Cons
You're always working.
Great, Exciting place to work
Presently self employed (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON8 April 2018
I love being a travel professional .I thoroughly enjoy researching and learning new things on a daily basis. I enjoy booking vacations for clients. Everyday and every person is different. I find this job does have its challenges. Sometimes it can be frustrating when you cant find exactly what your looking for or something goes wrong with a booking etc. It can definitely be challenging at times. Overall, I love my job and will always continue moving forward in the travel business.