exp

exp Reviews: Working at exp

Canada40 reviews

managerenvironmentcompanygoodpeopleworkingmanagementjob

Good company to learn, no real career progression. Offices are considered like small companies

Good overall work/life balanceNice projects but also some more boring projectsLack of leadership within projectsLack of mentorship (senior engineers)

Toxic Culture

Dont speak your mind because if it doesn't jive with the groupthink, you won't last long.I thought I was getting along with everyone, but I was treated with disrespect from the very start.

Insights into exp

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

unless you want to use your own car to haul concrete dont take this job

Nothing much else left to say. Maybe it's just the Hamilton branch. Company is very unprofessional and the manager didn't even try to hide how bad the job was. Not a single company vehicle in sight as they expected you to haul concrete samples in your personal vehicle.

World class team, focused professionals and client is the priority, great place to build a career.

EXP is a great place to work. High volume, fast paced. There is support from all involved, managers are 1st class. A inclusive workplace with excellent training and constructive feedback, if you are a hardworking, positive person you will find a good career here.

Pros

Great training, and bonus plans

Cons

None I can think of.

Toxic work environment

I have been working at EXP for about a year and a half. By far, the worst experience in my professional career.If you’re not a part of the ‘’gang’’ you’ll be ignored. People talks in each other back and every single employee knows this reality and somehow accept it. Career progression is inexistent, because the staff already in place is destined to get all the promotions. Salary is mediocre. Since there is a big competition with other firms, superiors watch all your actions and are very pushy about the fact that you need to take the less time possible to complete a project.Superior do whatever they want to run their division, no coherence between divisions even in the same office. Didn’t respect the company or government policy for the COVID19. During the pandemic, the company ask all employees their views/opinions about working from home via a survey. My superior ‘’suggests’’ us strongly to respond the way he wanted, or he’ll be force to cut some people jobs.HR works hand in hand with superiors and give no support to employees.The funny things about this, is when I left my job, half of my college told me that the toxic situation I’ve been through was not the first time to occur to a new employee… this is by far the worst toxic work environment I have ever seen.

Great team environment

eXp is a great place to work. High volume, fast paced. There is support from all involved, managers, brokers, HR, Leads and other Transaction Specialists. Great team environment. eXp is a growing company and changes are being made to improve the workflow and meet the demands. Full training is provided and retraining if needed. Full job procedures are in place to help you if needed. We have great benefits and love working here. I am very grateful.

Beaucoup de choses a optimiser dans le cadre de l'entreprise

Beaucoup de choses a optimiser dans le cadre de l'entreprise

Nowhere to go, flat and unstructured

If you're looking for a stable, repetitive job, this is the place to be. There is no room for growth, heirarchy is flat and unstructured. Seniority prioritized over talent. Employee policies are a mess. Lack of communication; nobody knows what's going on.

Pros

My manager was pretty great.

Cons

Team Leads with no previous managerial experience, Atmosphere is weird; general sense that people don't want to be here

Civil engineering environment

Good exposure working in a civil engineering environment. Job consists of supporting employees working from home. Experience working in a CAD environment would be helpful.

Ils doivent vraiment travailler leur hiérarchie et système de délégations des tâches.

Rėorganiser leur hiérarchie et assignation des tâches. L'adjointe devrait-être directement lié à un directeur ou directrice.

Fun and learned a lot in my short time working here

Although there were days which were long, lots of learning each and everyday. Everyday is different, working at different work sites. But occasionally would have to work consistently at one job site or periodically come back to it. At the end of the day, the 4-month co-op was educational and lots of things to apply in future work.

Great Place to Learn and Hardly Anyone Ever Leaves

Management are fair and reasonable. The work is challenging and loaded with collaboration with other EXP staff as well as clients and approving authorities. The culture is one of a family atmosphere with everyone trying to help you learn and do good quality work so you can get more good work to do. The hardest part of the job is when there is a work deadline. Everyone kicks into high gear and works extra hard to get the work done knowing that when work gets light your job isn't in jeopardy. The senior people are fun and knowledgeable and they tend to hire people like themselves.

Pros

Management and commitment to high quality

Cons

Can get hectic around deadlines

meilleur milieu de travail

l'équipe est enjouée et ouverte aux nouveaux visages. cette entreprise est très ouverte et l'entraide est une de leur très grande valeur.

Ne pas inclure

Bonne entreprise. Gestionnaire compétent et organisé. Beaucoup de procedure

bonne entreprise

l"entreprise est bonne pour les débutant mais la progression est tres lente

Interesting and fast-paced place to work

Most of the work was concrete testing at construction sites, however the field technicians were sometimes asked to assist the environmental side with drilling, soil sample and well development. The managers were understanding and fair. The hardest part were the early morning concrete sites, and the most enjoyable parts soil and water testing.

Good firm for involving into new life time projects.

It is good company but there is up and down for volume of works.

Terrible work environment/ no career growth

Worked there briefly. During 1st week at job, I realized that this is no place to advance career and started to look for other opportunities. Most of the projects were under $5k with pressure not to charge any time to them. Most of the people were not courteous and jealous of my position. Discipline Manager was extremely rude and humiliation of employees was common, resulting in low morale and substandard work on projects. Career growth opportunities are very limited I am glad I didn’t have to work there for long.

Cons

Rude Manager, jealous work environment

Productivty and fun

My name is hassan I like to work hardly Am honest and loyality And like to help the people I like to come early at work And go at the end of time

Pros

Free lanches

Productive, fun work environment

exp. are a good company to work for. With an inclusive workplace and excellent training and constructive feedback, if you are a hardworking, positive person you will find a good career here.

Pros

Company BBQ, fair compensation, positive environment

Cons

Dusty Workplace

Get in with the”IN” crowd or you will be out!

Toxic environment. Very cliquish. No room to advance unless you become a favorite of senior management. Some staff (peers) are good people but are unhappy. Poor management and unorganized. Senior management talks behind your back to not only other senior management but also your peers. Very unprofessional. Watch your back and learn to “kiss up” to the right people. Becoming friends with anyone senior management doesn’t like will make you a target. Was overall a very negative and disheartening experience.

Pros

Christmas break using your vacation time

Cons

Took away civic holiday in August. Minimal or no raises, minimal or no bonus

Ask a question about working or interviewing at exp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement